UPSC Recruitment 2017: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), an Indian Government agency having responsibilities of hiring employees for various government departments/ ministries has newly released one recruitment notice for occupying the 72 vacant posts in Indian Information Service of Information & Broadcasting Ministry. The post going to be filled through this selection is Senior Grade. Individuals with academic backgrounds in Journalism/ Mass Communication are only wanted for this job. This is a nice opportunity for candidates who are seeking for job security, because appointment is purely permanent and also this is a government job. Those who want to know more about the UPSC Recruitment 2017 go through the following sections.
|UPSC Recruitment 2017 – Job Highlights|
|Post Name||Senior Grade||Vacancies||72|
|Qualification||Degree/ PG Diploma||Applying Type||Online|
|Selection||Test and/ or Interview||Job Type||Permanent|
UPSC Recruitment 2017
The UPSC Recruitment 2017 for Senior Grade posts is to satisfy the manpower requirements that have been arised in about 15 languages like Hindi, Manipuri, Telugu, Marathi, Oriya, etc. The post comes under Group ‘B’ Gazetted category and even disabled persons are also found eligible. In different media units of the country candidates will be placed after test and/ or interview rounds of selection, based on requirements. The works that should be carried out by designees are preparing press notes, analysing press comments, reporting of news, writing scripts, etc. The details of eligibility, discipline wise vacancies, etc. are given below.
Discipline Wise Vacancy Details:
Salary Package: Monthly salary will be given to appointees in a standard equivalent to Level-7, apart from other government allowances. The basic and maximum salary applicable for Senior Grade posts are,
- Range: Rs.9300 – 34800/-
- Grade Pay: Rs.4600/-
- Other allowances: as applicable
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2017
(i) Nationality: Individuals possessing following citizenship can register for this UPSC recruitment 2017.
- Indian citizen
- Subject of Bhutan/ Nepal
- Tibetan Refugee settled in India before 1962
- Person of Indian origin (i.e. migrated to India from Pakistan, Srilanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam & Burma)
(ii) Qualification: Applying persons can have any one of the qualification obtained from recognized institution or university.
- Must have studied Indian language upto 10th.
- Degree in any discipline and Diploma/ PG Diploma or Degree in Journalism/ Mass Communication.
(iii) Experience: Previous experience as a Journalistic or publicity or public relation work from reputed private or governmental organisation is mandatory to apply for this Senior Grade position.
- At least 2 years
(iv) Relaxation in Experience: Relaxation may be given for aspirants of SC/ ST categories, if deserving number of candidates with requisite experience didn’t get for appointment.
- SC/ STs: as per rules
(v) Age Limit: Generally, individuals on or below 30 years can apply for this Senior Grade position.
- Not exceeding 30 years
(vi) Age Relaxations: For following category aspirants, Commission has planned to give relaxations as per government orders, if exceeding upper age.
- OBCs: 3 years
- SC/ STs: 5 years
- Ex-SM/ Commissioned Officers: 5 years
- Central Govt. Employees/ J&K domiciles: 5 years
- PH persons: 10 years
- SC/ ST/ OBC-PH persons: 10 years + caste wise relaxation
UPSC Senior Grade Selection Procedure 2017
Sometimes only interview will be conducted or else a recruitment based test and interview will be conducted. Shortlisting for interview will be done on the basis of information stated by candidates in application or based on marks in recruitment test. If required, the body health of aspirants would also be examined.
- Written Test and/ or Interview
- Medical Examination
Qualifying Marks in Test/ Interview: If test is conducted, the minimum qualifying marks will be fixed only by Commission. But the interview will be conducted for a total of 100 marks and the minimum qualifying marks of contestants should be as follows.
|SC/ ST/ PH||40|
How to Apply Online for UPSC Recruitment 2017
Application Fee: Based on applier’s convenience, pay the fee as cash in SBI bank using pay-in-slip downloaded from Commission’s website or else pay it using Net Banking/ Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Cards.
- Non-refundable Fee: Rs.25/-
- Exemption: For SC/ ST/ PH/ Woman
- Mode of Payment: Online/ Offline
Applying Procedure: Online applications can be submitted by willing aspirants as per instructions given here on below section. If aspirants are desiring to apply for more than languages, then apply. But that language should be studied by applier’s at least upto 10th standard.
- Open the UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- Hit the link “Online Recruitment Application for Various Posts”.
- Aspirants who have already registered in Commission before 25th June 2016 have to register afresh.
- For that, click the “New Registration” tab.
- Fill your name, gender, email id, etc. details and give “Save & Continue”.
- If registration has been done successfully, a registration number and password will be allotted to you.
- Using that login into the application form for Senior Grade posts.
- Those who had already applied after 25th June 2016 can directly login into application for Senior Grade posts.
- Aspirants, who want to apply for more than language, mention the order of preference.
- Choose the recruitment test centre.
- Then upload scanned copies of qualification, birth, experience, photo, sign, etc. documents and images.
- Using Preview option check the details entered in application.
- Finally press “Submit” button.
- Pay the fee immediately through online using the gateway given in website.
- Or else login again by clicking on “Previous/ Currently Active Application” before last date.
- Enter login credentials. A new page will open with “Pay Fee” and “My Active Applications” link.
- Choose the mode of payment and do the transaction.
- Aspirants willing to pay fee through offline have to download the Pay-in slip and do the transaction through bank.
- But finally enter the transaction id and date of payment details under this active application, after fee payment.
- Printout copies of application and e-Receipt can be taken for reference.
Queries: To clear your doubts, contact over phone on telephone numbers 011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 during working hours or else contact the person sitting in UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate-C.
|Apply Online||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|UPSC Recruitment – Last Date Details|
|Last date to fill online application||29th June 2017|
|Take printout of submitted application on or before||30th June 2017|
|Date of Interview||Will be announced later|
Details of vacancies announced for Senior Grade posts in one of the newly published UPSC recruitment notice and the eligibility, applying process are illustrated here on above section. Refer the official advertisement to know more about this employment.