TNSET Syllabus 2017: The state government appointed Mother Teresa Women’s University to conduct Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET) for Assistant Professor posts. Candidates who are very crazy to work as a Faculty in reputed Colleges/ Universities of state are advised to submit their applications, on time. After completion of registration process, approximately one month gap is there for conduct of examination. So before that, eligible appliers whoever done registration can now itself start preparing for the test to score good percentage of marks and to avoid tension while appearing in exam hall. Read the below given contents in this article, to know about exam scheme, topics, etc. of TNSET 2017.
|Authority||Mother Teresa Women’s University|
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test (TNSET) – 2017|
|Exam Category||State Government|
|Exam Type||Objective and Offline|
|Exam Date||23rd Apr 2017|
TNSET Syllabus 2017
Inorder to meet the teaching staff requirements in Government/ Aided/ Private Colleges of state under 25 various subjects, this TNSET 2017 exam is scheduled. But through this exam, eligibility to serve in Assistant Professor posts shall only be declared. This exam will be conducted once in a year and vast number of post graduates as well as final year students used to participate in the test.
- TNSET 2017 syllabus and UGC/ CSIR-NET exam syllabus are found to be same.
- Depending upon category, the cut-off mark to qualify in test will vary.
Subject & Category wise merit list shall be prepared by seeing the percentage of marks in TNSET 2017 (three papers). Finally on subject & category basis, top 15% of candidates will be declared as qualified for Assistant Professor posts. Candidates who are awaiting for results will get eligibility certificate (if qualified), only on showing the proofs of qualifying in Master Degree examination.
- Qualification: Post Graduation or equivalent
- Age Limit: No age bar
- Selection Process: Exam and Document Verification
Main Topics of TNSET Assistant Professor Syllabus: TNSET 2017 has three papers, which will be conducted on three different sessions. Competitors have to mark their answers in OMR sheets, issued by invigilator. On a single day, this offline mode of exam will be conducted continuously (except lunch break before commencement of Paper-III). Full questions will be of objective type and except language part the questions are set in English only. The main topics are,
- General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude
- Chemical Sciences
- Computer Science & Application
- Home Science
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Social Work
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences
TNSET 2017 Exam Pattern
In the first paper of TNSET 2017 exam, 60 questions shall be asked and contestants have to answer only for any of the 50 questions. On other papers, all questions are compulsory (50 for Paper-II, 75 for Paper-III). Incase of marking incorrect answers, marks will not be reduced. Two marks will be given for each right answer. Time duration is 2 hours 30 minutes for paper-3 and 1 hour 15 minutes for other papers (i.e. each).
- Exam is OMR based and objective type.
- TNSET 2017 has three papers with a total of 175 questions.
- No penalty marks for wrong answers.
- Each question carries two marks.
|Session/ Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions to be answered||Time||Marks|
|First||General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude||50||1 ¼ hours||100|
|Second||Concerned subject which candidates had applied/ selected||50||1 ¼ hours||100|
|Third||Concerned subject which candidates had applied/ selected||75||2 ½ hours||150|
Subject Wise Syllabus for TNSET Assistant Professor Exam 2017: TNSET Assistant Professor Syllabus 2017 covers the entire syllabus that he/ she had studied in their PG, apart from general paper. Even if candidates had prepared for this test as per topics given below, appliers who didn’t get admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
Syllabus for General and Aptitude Paper:
- Teaching & Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information & Communication Technology
- People & Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration
Economics Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Micro & Macro Economic Analysis
- Development & Planning
- Public Finance
- International Economics
- Indian Economy
- Statistical Methods
Economics Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Theory of Demand, Production, Investment & Accelerator, Taxation
- Collusive & Non-Collusive Oligopolies
- Different approaches to money supply
- Monetary Approach & Adjustment
- Optimum Currency Areas
- RBI policies, commercial & co-operative banks, etc.
Syllabus of Political Science (Paper-II):
- Political Theory & Thought
- Comparative Politics & Political Analysis
- Indian Government & Policies
- Public Administration
- International Relations
Syllabus of Political Science (Paper-III):
- Political Development, Modernization
- Political Socialization & culture
- Power & Authority
- Political Elite
- Supreme Court, Judicial Activism
- Bureaucracy & Challenges of development
- End of Cold War, etc.
Psychology Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Perceptual Processes
- Learning Process
- Memory & Forgetting
- Thinking & Problem Solving
- Motivation & Emotion
- Human Abilities, Personality
- Research Methodology
- Measurement & Testing
- Biological basis of Behaviour
Psychology Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Signal Detection, Learning, Intelligence, Existential & Humanistic Theories
- Neurophysiology of learning
- Models of memory
- Cognitive strategies, creative thinking & problem solving
- Research Designs, ANOVA
- Psychological Scaling, etc.
Syllabus of Sociology (Paper-II):
- Sociological concepts
- Sociological Theory
- Sociological Methodology
Syllabus of Sociology (Paper-III):
- Phenomenology & Ethnomethodology
- Neo-functionalism & Neo-Marxism
- Structuration & Post Modernism
- Theoretical Perspectives
- Contemporary issues
- Current Debates
- Challenges of Globalisation, etc.
History Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Concept , ideas and terms
- Ancient Indian History
- Medieval, Modern Indian history
History Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Indus valley civilization to Mahajanapadas
- 4th century BC to 12th century AD Indian History
- India from 1206 to 1526
- Foundation of British Rule
- Economic & Social Policies
- National movement & Post Independent India
- Socio-economic & culture life under Mughals
Commerce Syllabus (Paper-II & III):
- Business Environment, Economics, Statistics & Data Processing, Management
- Financial & Management Accounting
- Marketing, Financial Management
- Banking & Financial Institution
- International Business
- Income Tax Law & Planning
Education Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Philosophical, Sociological, Psychological Foundations of Education
- Methodology of Educational Research
Education Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Western Schools of Philosophy
- Process of Growth & Development
- Intelligence Theories & Measurement
- Personality and its types
- Concept & Principles of guidance and counselling
- Descriptive, Experimental, Qualitative Research
- Universalization of elementary Education, etc.
Syllabus of Social Work (Paper-II & III):
- Evaluation of Social Work Profession
- Philosophy & Principles of Social Work
- Social Work Education
- Theories of Social change & Disorganisation
- Human motivation & problems of Human behaviour and coping mechanisms
- Process, Approaches, Techniques of Social Case Work
- Principles & Objectives of Community organization
- Labour Welfare & HR management, etc.
Syllabus of Home Science (Paper-II & III):
- Food Science
- Nutrition Science
- Institutional Management
- Clothing, Textiles
- Resource Management
- Human Development
- Non-formal & Extension Education
- Developmental & Educational communication
- Methods of Research, etc.
English Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Chaucer to Shakespeare
- Jacobean to Restoration Periods
- Augustan age
- Romantic, Victorian, Modern, Contemporary Period
- Americal and other non-British Literatures, etc.
English Syllabus (Paper-III):
- British Literature from Chaucer to present day
- Criticism & Literary Theory
- History of English language, etc.
Sanskrit Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Vedic Literature
- Grammer & Linguistics
- Sanskrit Literature & Poetics
Sanskrit Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Samhitas, Vedangas
- Brahmanas & Aranyakas
- Grammer & Schools of Vedic Interpretation
- Ramayana, Mahabharata
- Poetry, Prose, etc.
Tamil Syllabus (Paper-II):
- Authors & books
- History of Tamil upto 20th century, etc.
Tamil Syllabus (Paper-III):
- Grammer, etc.
Syllabus of Law (Paper-II):
- Constitutional Law of India
- Legal Theory
- Public International Law, Family Law
- Law of contracts, Torts, Crimes
- Labour Law
Syllabus of Law (Paper-III):
- Essential Features of Indian Constitution
- Fundamental rights, duties
- Role of election commission in democratic process
- Scope & importance of Administrative law
- Sales of Goods Act, Company Law
- Offences against property, etc.
Syllabus of Journalism & Mass Communication (Paper-II & III):
- Communication & Journalism
- Role of media in society
- Types of communication
- Professional organisations in media
- History of print & broadcast media, etc.
Syllabus of Geography (Paper-II & III):
- Geographic Thought, Population Geography
- Settlement Geography
- Geography of India
- Cartography, etc.
Syllabus of Computer Science & Applications (Paper-II):
- Current Trends & Technologies
- Computer Arithmetic
- Programming in C and C++
- Relational Database Design & SQL
- Data & File Structures
- Computer Networks
- Operating Systems
- System Software & Compilers, etc.
Syllabus of Computer Science & Applications (Paper-III):
- Combinational circuit design
- Database, Programming Languages Concepts
- Analog & Digital Transmission
- Software Development Models, etc.
Electronic Science Syllabus (Paper-II & III):
- Electronic Transport in Semiconductor, PN Junction, Diode
- Superposition, Thevenin, Norton & Maximum Power Transfer Theorems
- Logic Families, flip flops, converters
- Microprocessors, Addressing modes, Rectifiers
- Maxwell’s equations
- Principles of Amplitude, frequency
- Optical sources, Transduces, etc.
Management Syllabus (Paper-II & III):
- Managerial Economics
- Capital Budgeting
- Cost-output relations
- Valuation concepts & securities
- Marketing environment & Environment scanning
- Role & scope of production management
- Probability Theory, Motivation concepts
- Ethics & Management system, etc.
Syllabus of Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences (Paper-II & III):
- Definition, principles and scope of environmental science
- Common flora and fauna in India
- Environmental Geosciences
- Water Chemistry
- Ecosystem, etc.
|Download Official TNSET Syllabus||Click here|
TNSET Exam 2017
The Tamil Nadu State Eligibility Test is being organised inorder to pickup the right candidates of intelligence and subject knowledge to teach students of state in Governmental/ Non-Governmental institutions, by serving as Assistant Professor. Vacancies are not mentioned, but depending upon necessity of government and based on this TNSET exam 2017 marks selection will be done.
- Name of Designation: Assistant Professor
- of Vacancies: Not Mentioned
- Date of Notification:
- Date of Exam: 23rd Apr 2017
Note: The TNSET 2017 Syllabus of Assistant Professor posts are listed on above section. To acquire more knowledge, refer the website.