TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017: In this page, we are going to provide you the complete syllabus for the upcoming Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board (TNSCB) Assistant Engineer Exam. For making it easy for reference, we have discussed lot of information about the TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus and exam pattern in this section. TNSCB is a government undertaking which was initiated to provide help in Chennai slum areas during the natural disaster and also for building houses for those people. To select the right member for carrying out their mission, TNSCB has planned for this recruitment. Civil Engineers who are aging not more than 35 years are eligible for these positions. The syllabus updated by the TNSCB is not clear to understand. So we have written it down in an easy manner for candidate’s reference.
|Authority||Tamil Nadu Slum Clearance Board (TNSCB)|
|Exam Name||Assistant Engineer Exam|
|Designation||Junior and Assistant Engineer|
|Exam Type||Written Exam|
TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017
Candidates who have completed engineering courses will be looking for government professions in various sectors. TNSCB has given an opportunity for getting into government job by passing Assistant Engineer Exam. This recruitment is conducted especially for hiring civil engineer.
The selection process will be conducted in two stages i.e. written exam followed by personal interview. To guide the applicants in preparing for the nearing exams we are proving the latest TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus 2017 in our website. Refer this syllabus while you are preparing for Assistant Engineer Exam. In the below section, we have listed the essential eligibility criteria which are required to apply for this exam.
- Qualification: Diploma/ Degree in Civil Engineering
- Age Limit: 18 to 35 years
- Selection Procedure: Written Test & Interview
Subjects for TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus: Aspirants who are going to take part in the Assistant Engineer Exam should be well prepared in your Civil Engineering Syllabus. All the questions will be asked from the civil subject only. This examination comprises of single paper and the contenders should be thorough in civil topics. Candidates who clear this exam will have to appear for personal interview.
It is enough to go through the TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus which we have mentioned in our site. We have given the important the topic from which the questions will be asked for this exam.
- Civil Subjects
About Upcoming Assistant Engineer Exam: Degree Holders and Diplomats in Civil Engineering stream are only allowed to apply for TNSCB Recruitment 2017. There were about 17 positions exists below Junior Engineer and 64 vacancies exist below Assistant Engineer designation. Candidates who are holding Diploma course were allowed to apply for Junior Engineer post and Degree holders for Assistant Engineer position. This Assistant Engineer Exam will be held at Chennai in the month of January or February 2017.
- Name of Position: Assistant Engineer and Junior Engineer
- No of Posts: 81
- Date of Advertisement: 24th Nov 2016
- Date of Examination: Month of January/ February 2017
TNSCB Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern 2017
The applicants have to undergo two stages in selection process i.e. Written exam followed by personal interview. In case of written examination the aspirants will have to take a test on civil engineering subjects. There will be a total of 100 questions for 85 marks and the remaining 15 marks would be given for viva voice test. Here we have listed all the details which the candidates should keep in mind before appearing for the exam.
- TNSCB Assistant Engineer is an objective type exam which comprises of 100 questions and each carries one mark.
- It is written examination were the participants have to shade their answers in the provided OMR sheet.
- There will be four multiple choices from which the candidates have to pick out the right one.
- The total marks allotted for the written exam is 100 but it will be converted into 85 marks.
- There will be negative marks for each wrong answer.
- If you are shading more than one option for a particular question, then it will be considered as wrong answer.
- The minimum pass marks for written examination is 40%.
We have mentioned the TNSCB Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern 2017 in the below table.
|Subject||No of Question||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|Civil Engineering Subjects||100||85||2 hours|
Subject Wise Syllabus for TNSCB Assistant Engineer
Aspirants who have applied for Assistant and Junior Engineer Post can refer the latest TNSCB Syllabus for the upcoming exams. We have mentioned all the important topics which come under the civil subject. These topics are applicable for Diploma as well as degree applicants.
Syllabus for Civil Engineering Subjects:
- Engineering Graphics
- Soil Mechanics
- Foundation Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanics of Fluids
- Strength of Materials
- Estimation and Valuation
- Construction Materials and Testing
- Design of Reinforced Concrete Elements
- Design of Masonry Structures
- Disaster Resistant Structures
- Concrete technology
- Construction Techniques, Equipment and Practices
- Super Structure Construction
- Construction Equipment
- Prefab Engineering
- Repairs and Rehabilitation of Structures
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Basic Electrical Engineering
If you are having clear knowledge in these topics you can perform well in this examination.
|Download Syllabus here||tnscbrecruitment.in|
Conclusion: In the above sub headings we have given clear explanation for TNSCB Assistant Engineer Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the nearing exam. To know more about the syllabus and other details, please go through the official notification.