TNAU AAO Syllabus 2017: In Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, there are vacancies existing for Assistant Agricultural Officer (AAO) posts. This information has been widely publicized by the university through its official web portal on 3rd May 2017. As this is one of the leading agricultural university in Tamil Nadu, on hearing this news candidates who had completed their studies in agriculture/ horticulture fields might have started submitting their job applications. Upto 22nd May 2017 TNAU has decided to collect the applications. After that, university will do initial scrutinization and call applicants for a written examination. Applicants might have no idea about how the exam will be. In this article we have given answers to your questions. Yes, we have provided the exam details with Syllabus and Exam Pattern of TNAU AAO exam 2017 down.
|Authority||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU)|
|Exam Name||Assistant Agricultural Officer (AAO) Exam 2017|
|Exam Category||TNAU Exam|
|Exam Type||OMR based|
|Exam Date||Announced Soon…|
TNAU AAO Syllabus 2017
Applications from Diploma certificate holders are accepted by TNAU, for AAO jobs. Candidates who are found eligible for this post as per qualification and age shall be issued with hall tickets.
Exam questions will be easy for individuals who had scored higher percentage marks in their diploma or candidates who are experienced in relevant works. If readers have doubts, see the TNAU Assistant Agricultural Officer Syllabus that is given in below sections.
The selection process doesn’t finishes here. Individuals securing high marks in this test shall be again invited for an interview. At that time document verification would also be done. Finally TNAU will see the performance of contestants in test & interview rounds and take decisions of appointments.
- Qualification: Diploma
- Age Limit: 18 to 30 years
- Selection Methods: Written Test, Personal Interview, Document Verification
Exam Subjects of TNAU AAO Recruitment 2017: The written exam for AAO posts under TNAU would have to be attended by participants in OMR sheets. Individuals have to answer for two papers of questions (listed below), for this exam. Questions will be asked on choose the correct answer format i.e. about four options will be given for a single question and from that candidates have to chose any one best answer for a particular question.
- General Studies
- Agriculture/ Horticulture
TNAU AAO Exam Pattern 2017
In this AAO exam 2017, 75% of the questions would be asked from Agriculture/ Horticulture related fields and remaining 25% would be from General Studies. Within 150 minutes candidates have to answer for about 200 questions. For marking of wrong answers, no marks will be reduced.
- Offline based and objective type
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- No penalties are applicable.
- Total Marks for which questions would come is 200.
- Maximum time given will be 2 ½ hours.
|Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||Agriculture/ Horticulture||150||150||2 ½ hours|
Subject Wise Syllabus for TNAU AAO Exam 2017: TNAU is in an idea of drafting General Studies questions on Higher Secondary standard and Agriculture/ Horticulture questions on Diploma standard i.e. as per minimum educational qualification prescribed for the post. In this section, we have given the subject-wise syllabus for TNAU AAO exam 2017. Before test, candidates who are obtaining deep knowledge in these areas can attend most of the questions in exam correctly.
General Studies Paper:
- General Science
- Current Events
- History and Culture of India
- Political Parties & Populist Schemes
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Paper-I Syllabus: Agriculture
- Dry Farming & Agroforestry
- Principles of Agronomy and Agricultural Meteorology
- Basic & Applied Microbiology
- Breeding of field crops
- Principles of Plant Pathology
- Crop Pests & their management
- Energy & Environment
- Fundamentals of Livestock & Poultry Production
- Extension Methods & Audio Visual Aids
- Nursery Technology
- Agricultural Economics & Marketing
- Seed Production Techniques
- Soil Nutrient Management
- Irrigation & Weed Management, etc.
Paper-I Syllabus: Horticulture
- Basics in Horticulture
- Basics in Plant Protection
- Fundamentals of Agronomy
- Dry Land Horticulture
- Farm Machinery
- Commercial Agriculture
- Fundamentals of Extension Education
- Soil & Fertility Management
- Protected Cultivation
- Basics of Ornamental gardening & landscaping
- Crop Production Technologies
- Diseases affecting crops & their management
- Farm Management & Marketing, etc.
|Official Syllabus Download PDF||Click here|
TNAU AAO Exam 2017
The institutions or research stations beneath TNAU requires employees for Assistant Agricultural Officer. That’s why university has planned this mode of selection. On analyzing the source it says, about 206 talents are going to be hired through this current recruitment. Designees can continue in this post till retirement.
- Designation – Assistant Agricultural Officer
- Total Posts – 206
- Date of Notice – 3rd May 2017
- Exam Date – Will be announced soon.
Note: Only on above said format, questions shall be asked for TNAU AAO exam 2017. We hope curious applicants will utilize this information and crack the exam. Further details can be seen in TNAU official notice.