Territorial Army Syllabus 2017 : The Territorial Army (TA) is a part of regular Indian Army. Every year numerous young buddies are joining as Officers in this Army. Now also through competitive examination, Territorial Army has decided to intake some male aspirants to serve as a soldier in military environment. Graduates who are gainfully employed/ self-employed in any public/ private firms are encouraged to do registration for this placement drive, till June. As the exam is scheduled on July month, applicants should now itself start preparing for the test to score good cut-off marks. For that, we have provided the Territorial Army Syllabus on below section.
|Authority||Territorial Army (TA)|
|Exam Name||Territorial Army Officers Exam 2017|
|Exam Category||Indian Army Exam|
|Exam Type||Objective OMR based|
|Exam Date||July 2017 (tentative)|
Territorial Army Syllabus 2017
The preliminary interview board of Territorial Army Commission is going to conduct this Officers examination. About 75% of the questions shall be on Graduation standard and only remaining 25% questions will be on Matriculation level. The subjects from which questions shall come are given in Territorial Army Syllabus 2017 (see next paragraphs).
After qualifying with 50% and above marks in written examination (overall), those candidates will be invited for Service Selection Board (SSB) Tests. The physically and medically fit aspirants who are leading based on marks awarded in selection phases only be considered for appointment.
- Qualification: any Degree
- Age Limit: 18 to 42 years
- Experience: Years not mentioned
- Selection Methods: Written Exam and SSB Tests (Interview/ Group Discussion, etc.)
Main Subjects of Territorial Army Officer Exam: This exam has about two papers totally. But each paper has two categories of questions related to maths/ general awareness/ language/ aptitude/ ability. In objective manner, candidates should answer for the questions and this is an offline based test. The sections from which questions shall come are,
- Elementary Mathematics
- General Knowledge
Territorial Army Exam Pattern 2017
In the above stated main topics, from each section about 50 questions shall be drafted. Contestants will be issued with OMR answer sheets to mark the best responses for MCQs. The time for each paper is 2 hours andso board has decided to conduct the test in two sessions.
In the first session competitors will be allowed to answer for 100 one word type questions i.e. Paper-I and remaining 100 in next session. Candidates will be declared as ineligible for next round if they fail to write any one paper. Also, answers marked other than black ball point pen will not be considered. For incorrect answers, authorities will reduce marks.
- Exam is objective and OMR
- Duration is 2 hours for each paper.
- Total number of questions asked is 200.
- For each correct answer, 1 mark will be provided.
- Penalties are applicable for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|2||General Knowledge||50||2 hours|
Subject Wise Territorial Army Syllabus: By preparing for Officers examination, using Territorial Army syllabus given below candidates can definitely secure 40% and above marks in each part of the paper (which is minimum cut-off).
Arrangements for the written exam will be most probably done in Chandigarh/ Lucknow/ Patna/ Srinagar, etc. places based on discretion of board and the correct exam centre for each contestant will be indicated only in admission certificate.
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Logical sequences
- Numbers, Statements
- Figures, Letters, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics:
- Unitary Method
- Elementary Number Theory
- General Knowledge:
- Current Events
- Scientific Aspects
- History of India
- Usage of words
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Error spotting
- Jumbled Sentences
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks.
|Download Syllabus||Click here|
Territorial Army Exam 2017
Territorial Army has taken steps to execute this exam inorder to strengthen the workforce in defence line (military). Available numbers of seats are not properly mentioned. But on selection, first aspirants will be subjected to basic and post commissioning trainings in respective academies and later will be ranked in the Officer post of Lieutenant. Upto Brigadier level, candidates might get promotions based on service period and ability.
- Name of Designation: TA Officers
- Total Vacancies: Not Mentioned
- Date of Notification: –
- Date of Exam: Jul 2017 (tentative)
Note: The Syllabus that will be useful for appliers to win in Territorial Army Officers exam 2017 is provided above. Refer the official notice to know more.