SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017: All over India, Staff Selection Commission (SSC) allotted centers for conducting Open competitive exam in specialist category. Based on their decision, Scientific Assistant exam will be conducted in the month of November 2017. Hereafter, nearly 4 months left to prepare for the exam. This period is fully enough to prepare for the exam in efficient way. If you have strong intention to succeed in this exam, your utmost involvement is needed here. This too much effort is necessary, in order to cope up with the highly intensive competition. In this vogue, SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017 is the most demandable material among all the applied candidates. We are here to provide such material, so candidates get relax you reached the correct destination.
|SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||SSC Scientific Assistant Examination 2017||Exam Type||Objective|
|Material||Syllabus Download PDF||Exam Category||Scientific Assistant|
|Exam Date||20-11-2017 to 27-11-2017||Exam Phase||Single|
|Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)||Official Site||ssconline.nic.in|
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under the Government of India, which is doing the responsible role of recruiting staffs for various posts in Ministries and Departments under the Central Government. A long waited Central Government job is currently waiting for you in the post of Scientific Assistant. Those who registered for this upcoming exam shall get SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017 here.
All the topics given in this page is very important, so don’t skip any topics at the time of exam preparation. For such competitive exams time management is the first thing to overcome the exam successfully.
Most of you have enough knowledge to write this exam, but not able to manage time within the limited period it leads to failure only. The only solution for overcoming this situation is, Candidates have daily practice to write the exam. Also, those who attempted in such exams previously, it would be somewhat easy at this time.
Important Topics: The major topics under SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017 is given in the list.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language & Comprehension
- General Awareness
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Scheme
Prior for your exam preparation, it is very important to know about the exam pattern. Negative marks are there in this exam, so candidates keep in mind while answering the answers. Remaining details are tabulated here,
|Papers||Subject Name||No of Questions||Maximum marks||Timings|
|Part-I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||120 minutes|
|English Language & Comprehension||25||25|
|Paper-II||Physics, Computer Science & Information Technology,
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- The question paper would have two parts Part-I & Part-II.
- The examination would comprise of 200 questions.
- Each of the questions carries one mark for a total of 200 marks.
- In 2 hours participants have to complete the exam.
- There will be negative marking of 25 marks for each wrong answer.
- In question papers wherever necessary metric systems of weights and measures are used.
Section Wise SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2017: In each main topics mentioned above there are so many sub topics to prepare for the exam. The details of the syllabus are given below,
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Space visualization
- Problem solving, analysis
- Judgment, decision making
- Visual memory, discrimination
- Observation, relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series etc.
- Computation of whole numbers
- Decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Interest, Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and Distance
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary Surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and its various Kinds of centers
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords, tangent
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Paralleled, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angle, Heights and Distances, Histogram & Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Language & Comprehension
- English grammar
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Correct and incorrect usages, etc.
- General, physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India.
- Current events.
- Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning.
- Basic topics of mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
- History of India, its cultural heritage, freedom movement,
- Salient feature of the Constitution of India.
- Economic and social aspect of the country and its people.
- Units and dimensions
- SI Units, Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Thermal Physics, Radiation & Sound
- Newton’s Law of gravitation
- Wave and Oscillations
- Newton’s Law of gravitation
- Kepler’s Laws of Planetary motion
- Thermal Physics, Radiation & Sound
- Adiabatic and Isotherm processes
- Nature and propagation of light
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Reflection & Refraction
- Electricity and magnetism
- Hertz experiment and electro-magnetic waves
- Elementary ideas of nuclear structures
- Faraday’s law of E.M. induction
Computer Science & Information Technology
- History of Computer and their classification
- Basic Organization
- Magnetic-Floppy, Hard disks, CDROM, WORM
- Concept of Virtual Memory and Cache Memory
- Flotation, point representation and arithmetic
- Arithmetic through stacks
- Elements of Assembly language programming
- Process synchronization, Memory Management
- Virtual Memory
- Logical and Physical address space
- Non-Contiguous Allocation
- Hardware Protection
- Page Replacement algorithms
- Protection Consistency Semantics
- I/O System
- Fundamentals of programming
- Database Management Systems
- Internet Technology
- Advantages and components of a Database Management Systems
- Data Clustering and Partitioning
- Database Administration
- Internet Standards and specifications
- Fundamentals of Geographical Information System
- GIS Data and Spatial Models
- Topology ad Spatial Operations
Electronics & Tele Communication:
- I) Electronics
- Conductors, Semi-conductors, Insulators
- Resistors, Capacitors and instructors. PN Junction diode, forward and reverse bias characteristics
- Bipolar Junction Transistors
- Voltage and Current relationship in the resistance
- Relation between line and phase & voltages and currents
- Series and parallel resonance circuits
- Digital electronics
- Basic concepts of Digital to Analog and Analog to Digital Converters
- Timing circuits
- systems & codes Combination logic design
- Digital logic circuits
- II) Telecommunication
- Basic antenna principle directive gain and related topics
- Single Side Band (SSB)
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Pulse Modulation (PM)
- Introduction of digital Communication
- Propagation of light in optical fiber and ray model
- Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF
- microwave frequency and satellite communications
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct an Open Competitive exam for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department. There about more than thousands of vacancies are seen in that post, which comes under Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial category. To fill up the posts, SSC scheduled a competitive examination in computer based mode. This exam will be conducted in the month of November all over the India. All these posts carry All India Service Liability, so those who are comfort to work anywhere can use this chance.
- Post Name – Scientific Assistant
- No of Vacancies – 1102
- Academic Qualification – Bachelors Degree
- Age Limit – 30 years
|Official Notification||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|SSC Scientific Assistant 2017 – Dates|
|Closing date to Apply Online||14th August 2017|
|Computer based exam starts from||20th Nov 2017|
|Computer based exam ends on||27th Nov 2017|
Note: Aspirants those who are going to participate in the open competitive exam for Scientific Assistant post, shall refer the above sections for collecting syllabus and details about exam syllabus.