South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017: In great demand of staffs below the post of Station Master and Goods Guard, South Eastern Railways (SER) has planned for conducting General Departmental Competitive examination (GDCE). Particularly for this recruitment, applicant should be a serving regular or permanent employee in any of the cadre of SER. Those who applied against this recruitment shall get ready to attend the exam reaching nearer. He/ She responded for these vacant posts might be in requirement of South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017. We know, right now it’s the most demandable material among those who are intending to write this exam. So, we came here with this syllabus, exam pattern etc.
|South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||South Eastern Railway Exam 2017||Exam Type||Objective|
|Material||Syllabus Download||Exam Category||Station Master & Goods Guard|
|Exam Date||Announced soon||Exam Phase||Single Phase|
|Authority||South Eastern Railway (SER)||Official Site||www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in|
South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017
South Eastern Railway is one of the 17 Railway zones in India and a part of eastern Railways. It is headquartered at Kolkata. Candidates, you get the right opportunity now to get placed through Railway jobs. Since, South Eastern Railway is under process now. Candidates might know about this recruitment, many of you are referring for details about South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017 in internet. No further more reference is needed, because you are in the right destination.
To achieve in this forthcoming exam apart from hard work, smart work is very necessary. What we meant here is, besides from preparing for the exam in all topics widely; first of all try to collect syllabus, exam pattern and previous year questions. If you clear in all these things, he/ she might have the chance to achieve in this exam.
There shall be single stage common written exam for both the posts like Station Master and Goods Guard. The questions will likely to include subjects pertaining to,
- General Knowledge
- Numerical Ability
- General Intelligence
- General Science
SER Station Master and Goods Guard Exam Pattern
Exam pattern/ scheme are very important to prepare for the exam in efficient way. Appliers of Southern Eastern Railway are advised to check the exam pattern, to get an idea about this exam. The details of the exam pattern is legibly drawn in the below tabular column.
|Sl.no||Name of the Subject||No of Questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|1||General Knowledge||20||20||90 minutes|
- This exam will be purely of objective type, for a total of 100 marks.
- There about 100 questions took part in the question paper.
- The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes.
- Negative mark (1/3) is applicable for the wrong answers.
Section Wise South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017: The syllabus for the written exam will be generally in conformity with educational standards prescribed for the post. It is same as applicable for RRB exams. The exact syllabus for each test subjects is listed hereunder.
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- Current Affairs – Regional, National, and International
- Economic and Social Development of India
- Socioeconomic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special
- emphasis on Indian National Movement
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System
- Governance and Public Policy
- International Relations and Events
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature
- Movement and formation of the state
- Political and Cultural History with particular emphasis on Statehood Policies
- Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India
- General Science: India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
- Social and Economic Geography, Physical and Demography
- Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies
Syllabus for Numerical Ability:
- LCM & HCF
- Pedagogical issue
- Shapes & Spatial
- Decimal Fractions
- Data Handling
- Addition and Subtraction
Syllabus for General Science:
- Sources of food
- Electric current and circuits
- Natural Resources
- The structure of Atom
- Cleaning food
- Acids, base, salt
- Metals & Nonmetals,
- Components of food
- Moving Things People and Ideas
- World of the Living organisms, micro organism, and diseases,
- Work & Energy, Air, Water, Materials of daily use
- Pedagogical issues
- Effect of population growth & human activities in the environment
- Environmental concerns
- Regional & national
- Magnets & magnetism,
- Force, Natural Phenomena
- Change of matter, Soil, Food
- Production & management
- Sources of energy
Syllabus for Reasoning:
- Logical Games
- Verbal Classification
- Number Series
- Verbal Reasoning
- Making judgment
- Statement and Conclusion
- Statements and Assumption
- Letter and Symbol
- Series, Matching Definitions
- Blood Relations
- Logical Problem
- Theme Detection
- Logical Deduction
Upcoming SER Exam 2017
The above said General Departmental Competitive examination (GDCE) is going to be organized in various centers, in respect of the job invitation came earlier from South Eastern Railway. With reference to the job invitation, 120 vacancies availed in Station Master Post and 285 vacancies availed in Goods Guard post. To apply for these posts, Ex-servicemen and Physically Challenged persons are also welcomed, if they come under the said educational background and within the prescribed age limits. Selected candidates shall be appointed in any of the units over South Eastern Railway.
- Designation – Station Master & Goods Guard
- No of Vacancies – 410
- Educational Qualification – Bachelor Degree
- Age Limit – 42 years
|Official Notification||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|Closing date to apply||14th August 2017|
|Exam will be conducted on||Will announced soon|
Note: This article legibly give information about South Eastern Railway Syllabus 2017 with exam pattern for the Goods Guard and Station Master exam.