PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017: Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is now involved in engaging suitable staffs beneath Home Affairs and Justice Department of Punjab. In respect of the recruitment, a competitive exam will be there for fulfilling 45 vacancies in the post of Assistant District Attorney. This exam will be coordinated across the Punjab state in various centers. On satisfying the eligibility criteria, more number of candidates is considered to write this exam. In two sessions, the paper-I and paper-II of the exam will be organized. To get shortlisted for the next successive level i.e. interview, you have to perform well in both the stages of written examination. In order to prepare for the exam, PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017 is available here.
|PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||PPSC Assistant Attorney Exam 2017||Exam Type||Objective|
|Material||Syllabus Download||Exam Category||Assistant District Attorney|
|Exam Date||Dec 2017/ Jan 2018||Exam Phase||Single Phase|
|Commission||Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC)||Official Site||ppsc.gov.in|
PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) is a Governmental agency responsible for hiring and administering the provincial civil services and management services in Punjab Province. It was designated as autonomous agency to advise the federal Government. In their usual recruitment schedule, Assistant District Attorney Recruitment is one among that. This commission is now seriously involved in this recruitment. And remind you one thing; all the recruitment carried out by this commission will be on strict provisional basis.
To get prepared for the exam planned by this commission, first of all study materials are required. The study materials meant here is syllabus and model question paper. We came here with one of the study material i.e. PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017. The topics mentioned in the syllabus are very important, so don’t skip any topics while preparing for the exam.
Important Subjects: The first three subjects listed here took place in the paper-I and remaining subjects took part in paper-II. In same proportions, all the questions are asked in paper-I and Paper-I. Before attending the exam, contestants must ensure that they are thorough in all these subjects.
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Indian Evidence Act
- General Awareness and Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability
- Constitutional Law
- Civil Procedure Code
PPSC Assistant Attorney Exam Pattern 2017
By gathering the details given in exam pattern only, he/ she can get an idea to prepare for the exam. As per the scheme of the exam given here, we illustrate table regarding the syllabus.
- Totally 150 marks is allotted for each papers.
- 90 minutes is allotted for each paper.
- It is an objective type (Multiple Choice Questions) test.
- In paper wise, 100 questions will be asked.
- Each of the questions carries 5 marks.
|Paper||Subjects||No of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I||Indian Penal Code||100||150 marks||90 minutes|
|Criminal Procedure Code|
|Indian Evidence Act|
|Paper-II||General Awareness and Logical Reasoning/ Mental Ability||100||150 marks||90 minutes|
|Civil Procedure Code|
|Total||200||300 marks||3 hours|
Subject Wise Topics in PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017
For all the two papers of examination, syllabus is placed here. These syllabus topics are tabulated herein for all the subjects.
- Definition of State for enforcement of fundamental rights-Justifiability of fundamental rights
- Doctrine of eclipse, severability, waiver, distinction between pre-constitutional law and post constitutional law
- Right to Equality: Doctrine of Reasonable classification
- Principle of absence of arbitrariness
- Fundamental Freedom
- Freedom of speech and expression
- Freedom of Association
- Freedom of Movement
- Freedom of Reside and Settle
- Freedom of Trade, Business and Profession-expansion by judicial interpretation-reasonable restrictions.
- Right to constitutional Remedies
- Directive Principle, Fundamental Duties, Social Justice and Right to Information
- Directive Principle of State Policy-Nature and justiciability of the Directive Principles-Interrelationship between Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles-Fundamental Duties
- Social justice under the Indian Constitution-Compensatory discrimination for backward classesMandal
- Commission’s case and other cases-Protective discrimination doctrine.
- Right to Information Act: Central and State Commission, Public Authorities, Right to
- Information and Power of Judicial Review
Code of Civil Procedure:
- Degree, Judgment, Order, Foreign Court, Foreign Judgment, Mens Profits, Affidavit,
- Suit of a civil nature, Plaint, Written Statement, Legal Representative
- Important Concepts: Res-sub-judice, Resjudicata, Restrictions, Caveat, Inherent Power, Courts
- Initial Steps in a Suit
- Jurisdiction and place of suing
- Institution of suit
- Pleading: Meaning, Object, General Rules, Amendment of Pleading
- Plaint and Written statement
- Parties to a suit
- Discovery, Inspection and Production of documents
- Appearance and non-appearance of parties
- First Hearing
- Interim Orders
- Arrest before judgment
- Attachment before judgement
- Temporary Injunctions
- Interlocutory Order
- Security of costs
- Suit in Particular case
- Suits by or against Government
- Suits by indigent person
- Inter-pleader Suit
- Summary Procedure
- Suits relating to Public Nuisance
- The Civil Procedure Code, 1908
Code of Criminal Procedure:
- Object, Scope and Extent of Cr.P.C
- Constitution of criminal courts and their powers
- Provision for Investigation
- Arrest, Search and Seizure
- Processes to Compel Appearance
- Information to Police
- Power to Investigate
- Proceedings before Magistrate
- Jurisdiction of Criminal Courts in inquire and arrest
- Cognizance and initiation of proceeding before Magistrate
- Complaints to Magistrate and commencement of proceedings
- Public Order and Alimony
- Security for peace and good behaviour
- Maintenance of Public order and Tranquility
- Maintenance of Wife, Children and Parents
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- Data Sufficiency
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Analytical Reasoning
General Awareness Syllabus:
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- General Knowledge
- International & National Organizations
- Indian Economy
Other Subjects: Aspirants also prepare for the related topics available under the subjects of Indian Penal Code and Indian Evidence Act.
Forthcoming PPSC Assistant Attorney Exam 2017
Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) has uncovered a vacancy notification stating the details about vacancies found in Home Affairs and Justice Department. In various categories, there exist 45 vacancies in the post of Assistant District Attorney. Law degree holders are especially encouraged to apply for these posts. Additionally knowledge of Punjabi language is required to apply. Some of the important details that are given in the official notification are listed below.
- Name of the post – Assistant District Attorney
- Department – Home Affairs and Justice Department
- Educational Qualification – Bachelors Degree (Law)
- Experience – 2 years
- Age Limit – 18 to 37 years
- Additional Qualification – Knowledge of Punjabi
- Applying mode – Online
|Download PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus pdf||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus, exam – Important Dates|
|Last date to submit application||20th November 2017|
|Tentative month of Assistant District Attorney examination||December 2017/ January 2018|
Note: A lot of information in regard of PPSC Assistant Attorney Syllabus 2017 is updated in the above sections. Those who need to fetch information about the syllabus can refer this article.