OFB Recruitment 2017: Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is inviting online applications to fill up numerous amounts of career opportunities in different trades. This tremendous career scopes existing in OFB is based on the apprenticeship training for unemployed aspirants. This training is going to be conducted in various places where ordnance factories are situated. Indian Nationals who wish to undergo this trade apprenticeship training must have the basic eligibility criteria and have to be succeeded in the upcoming examinations. Scroll down the page further for getting more details about OFB Recruitment 2017 qualifications, selection, applying procedure etc.
|Institution||Ordnance Factory Baord (OFB)|
|No of Vacancies||6948||Last Date||07-02-2017|
|Education||10th or ITI|
OFB Recruitment 2017
Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) is a military board, which is functioning under the Ministry of Defence and Government of India. Recently, an apprenticeship training notification has been delivered from the Ordinance Factory recruitment centre, for providing training in favor of fresh candidates. This training is conducted for the trades such as Carpenter, Electrician, Fitter, Machinist, Painter, Turner, Welder, Electroplater, Boiler Attendant, Foundry Man, Instrument Mechanic, mason, Plumber, Molder etc. In the above said trades, nearly seven thousands of vacancies are opened and now this is a rare opportunity for candidates qualified in ITI or Madhiyamik examination.
Selection process is done strictly on merit and their admission to each stage of selection will be based on their eligibility criteria. As per the apprentice act of 1961, training period will be allotted for the appointees. Those who are applied earlier through the Government of India web portal are also need to re-apply through the link provided in the notification. Herein, we had discussed more about OFB Recruitment 2017 in detail.
Region Wise Vacancies in OFB:
|No||Ordnance Factory Name||Total|
|1||Ordnance Cable Factory Chandigarh||49|
|2||Gun Carriage Factory Jabalpur||303|
|3||Grey Iron Foundry Jabalpur||89|
|4||Ordnance Factory Itarsi||73|
|5||Ordnance Factory Khamaria Jabalpur||219|
|6||Ordnance Factory Katni||100|
|7||Vehicle Factory Jabalpur||212|
|89||Ammunition Factory Kirkee (pune)||561|
|9||High Explosives Factory , Kirkee (Pune)||73|
|10||Machine Tool Prototype Factory, Ambarnath||48|
|11||Ordnance Factory Ambarnath||230|
|12||Ordnance Factory Ambajhari,Nagpur||463|
|13||Ordnance Factory Bhandara||204|
|14||Ordnance Factory Bhusawal||43|
|15||Ordnance Factory Chanda||269|
|16||Ordnance Factory Dehu Road, Pune||120|
|17||Ordnance Factory Varangoan||175|
|18||Ordnance Factory Badmal||123|
|19||Cordite Factory Aruvankadu||78|
|20||Engine Factory Avadi||128|
|21||Heavy Alloy Penetrator Project Trichy||77|
|22||Heavy Vehicles Factory Avadi||368|
|23||Ordnance Clothing Factory Avadi||246|
|24||Ordnance Factory Trichy||161|
|25||Ordnance Factory Project Medak (Yeddumailaram)||306|
|26||Field Gun Factory Kanpur||76|
|27||Ordnance Clothing Factory Shahjahanpur||308|
|28||Ordnance Equipment Factory Kanpur||145|
|29||Ordnance Equipment Factory Hazaratpur||90|
|30||Ordnance Factory Kanpur||247|
|31||Ordnance Factory Muradnagar||220|
|32||Ordnance Parachute Factory Kanpur||200|
|33||Small Arms Factory Kanpur||51|
|34||Ordnance Factory Dehradun||106|
|35||Opto Electronic Factory Dehradun||105|
|36||Gun & Shell Factory, Cossipore||270|
|37||Metal & Steel Factory Ishapore||195|
|38||Ordnance Factory Dumdum||61|
|39||Rifle Factory Ishapore||256|
Educational Qualification: Candidates who are applying against OFB Jobs should have passed in Madhyamik examination with 40% of marks. Or else applicants should have qualified in trade test or completed Industrial training from any institute recognised by NCVT.
- For Non-ITI category – 10th Pass or equivalent
- For ITI category – Passed in ITI or trade test
Age Limit: Applicants age limit should be resided between 14 to 22 years, which is calculated as on the last date of application. Relaxation in upper age limit is permitted for the candidates who are falling under the reserved categories. Relaxation for ITI candidates will be based on their period of training in NCVT/ SCVT in the relevant trade.
- Age Limit – 14 to 22 years
- Age relaxation for SC/ ST category – 5 years
- Age relaxation for OBC category – 3 years
- Age relaxation for PWD category – 10 years
Selection Procedure: In order to recruit deserving candidates for the above said posts, the competent authorities of OFB planned to conduct written examination on the basis of multiple choice objective type questions. Finally, in accordance with their performance in written examination merit list will be published on the website.
- Written Examination – The examination will be conducted with an aggregate of 150 questions. Generally the questions will be asked from the areas of English, General Knowledge, Mathematics and Aptitude/ Reasoning as per their educational standards.
- Medical Examination – Aspirants whose name comes under the merit list will subject to medical examination, conducted by the respective ordnance factory.
Stipend Offered: Selected aspirants who are undergoing training in OFB will accept 70% of wages of the Semi-skilled workers for the first year. After the following years of training, their stipend will be increased to 80-90% as per the Apprentice act. No other additional allowances will be paid for the trainees during the entire period of apprenticeship training.
How to Apply Online for OFB Recruitment 2017
Interested candidates send your job applications in online mode, directly through their website. Before applying, candidates must keep the valid mob no and e-mail ID for getting periodical notices. The steps to be followed while applying is listed below,
- At first, visit the website “www.ofb.gov.in”.
- After entering the website, view the official notification and read the entire details.
- On the bottom of the recruitment notification, find the link “Click Here” to apply online.
- If you are satisfied with the above conditions, hit the link.
- Thereafter, fill the application form without leaving any columns.
- By ensuring the filled in details are correct and then upload the scanned copies of Signature, passport size photo and left thumb impression.
- Finally submit your application.
- For future use, the copy of the application print out should be retained by the applicants.
Candidates are not required to send the print out of the online submitted application. However, it is asked to be produced at the time of document verification.
- Online Registration Commenced from – 17th Jan 2017
- Online Registration ends on – 7th Sep 2017
Note: The above all illustrated contents carry the information relevant to OFB Recruitment 2017. For gathering more details, refer the details available in the official notification.