Odisha Police Recruitment 2018: Combined Police Service Examination – 2017 (CPSE), has announced now for those are waiting to serve in the Odisha police department. The entire recruitment and the appointment process will be handled by Odisha Staff Selection Commission (OSSC). To apply for these police jobs, Candidates must be the citizen of India and be a Graduate from any reputed institution. The detailed information about Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 in terms of eligibility, selection, salary, applying procedure etc, is discussed below.
|Odisha Police Recruitment 2018|
|Designation||SI, Station Officer and Jailor|
|No of Vacancies||218|
|Selection Type||Written test, physical test etc.|
|Last Date||28th February 2018|
Odisha Police Recruitment 2018
Odisha Police Department is abbreviated as OP, which is the law enforcement agency for the state of Odisha. It is headquartered in Cuttack, the former capital of Odisha. As said above, CPSE is announced recently in order to fulfill 218 vacancies in the post of Sub-Inspector, Station Officer and Assistant Jailor. Candidates before applying should ensure about the eligibility criteria laid down in the advertisement released on 27th December 2017. As per that, PWD candidates are not eligible to apply for the post.
There will be a series of selection planned for the applicant’s right from coordinating written examination to examine the physical and mental ability to serve under the post. To participate in this selection stages, willing persons have to submit your job applications in online mode. More details about Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 are illustrated below.
Post Wise Odisha Police Vacancies
|1||Sub-Inspector of Police||184||25 years||Rs.9300/-|
|2||Sub-Inspector of Police (Armed)||20|
|3||Station Officer (Fire Service)||10|
Salary Details: The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay in the following structure,
- Pay scale – Rs.9300-34800/-
- Consolidated pay – Rs.9300/-
- Grade Pay – Rs.4200/-
Eligibility Requisites for Odisha Police Recruitment 2018
Educational Qualification: To be eligible for Odisha Police Jobs, applicants should be graduated from any recognized institution. For the post of Station Officer, the applicants must be a Science or Engineering Graduate.
- Graduate Degree
Additional Knowledge: Apart from the educational qualification, knowledge in Odia is mandatory to apply for Odisha Police Vacancies. That is, he/ she can able to speak, read and write Odia language.
- Knowledge of Odia
Age Limit: Aspirants must be lying in between the below upper and lower age limits, as on 1st January 2018.
- Minimum age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 25 years
Age Relaxation: Under usual relaxation, the upper age limit will be extended in case of candidates claiming under various categories such as SC, ST, SEBC, Woman and Ex-Servicemen.
- SC, ST, SEBC, Woman Candidates – 5 years
- Ex-Servicemen – Total period of service rendered in Defence service
Odisha Police Recruitment Selection Process
Admission of the applicants will be purely on provisional basis and it consists of the following stages. Al these stages of the recruitment are qualifying in nature. Finally a common merit list will be prepared on aggregate all the marks taken together in the selection rounds. However a separate merit list shall be prepared for the post of Station Officer.
- Preliminary exam
- Physical measurement and physical test
- Main written exam
- Viva-cum-Psychological test
Applying Procedure for Odisha Police Recruitment 2018
Application Fee: Payment should be made either by online mode or offline mode. That is, you have to deposit the amount via treasury challan in the head of account “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees” Or else, e-payment should be done through the OSSC web portal.
- Exam Fee – Rs.100/-
- Fee exemption – SC/ ST category
- Fee payment mode – Online/ Offline
Online Application Procedure for Odisha Police Vacancy
Aspirants have to apply online using the website of the exam conducting authority. The certain simple steps to proceed with the online registration are given below.
- Log on the official website “www.ossc.gov.in”
- Click on “Online Application” tab available in the home page
- Hit on “For Registration” link and enter the required information in the registration form
- Click on “I agree” check box and submit the registration form
- On submitting the registration form, a unique “Application Sequence No” will be generated on the screen
- In the right corner of the application form, click on “Go to Application form” & “Logout” button
- Then hit on “For Registered User Login” link and feed the “User ID (Application Sequence No) & Password”
- It will open a new application form on the screen, in 4 tabs
- There you have to fill the personal, Additional and Qualification details
- In last tab, upload the documents and proceed for fee payment
- Hit on “Save & Continue” button present in the end of each tab to enter into next tab
- Preview the application form by clicking “Preview Application” button
- After checking all the details in the application form, click on “Final Submit” button
- Retain the hard copy of application form for future reference
Dates to Remember
|Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 – Dates|
|Date of publication of advertisement||27th December 2017|
|Starting date to submit the online application||30th January 2018|
|Last date to submit the online application||28th February 2018|
Note: Candidates who are seeking for information about Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 shall retrieve it from the above section. If the applicants require more information, refer the official notification linked here.