NTPC Recruitment 2017: National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) is going to conduct recruitment by means of marks secured by the engineering students in the upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 examination. Engineering graduates who are going to participate in GATE 2017 Exam in the month of February 2017 are encouraged to apply for Executive Trainee Post. This will be a great offer for candidates who wish to get good job after completing their engineering course. A total of 120 Trainees are required for filling the vacancies in various units of NTPC. You can go through the below sections for getting clear knowledge about this recruitment.
|Organization||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)|
|Position||Engineering Executive Trainee|
|Vacancy No’s||120||Last Date||31-01-2017|
|Degree||BE/ B.Tech/ AMIE|
|Job Nature||Contract Basis|
|Place of Posting||Anywhere in India|
NTPC Recruitment 2017
National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) is one of the leading government aid companies which are engaged in generating electricity and natural gas. It generates power for various households and industries. This Maharatna awarded company possesses 45 subsidiaries and it is headquartered at New Delhi, India. In order to enhance the growth of NTPC, it requires young, challenging and dedicated engineering graduates who are holding excellent academic record. Aspirants who have done their Engineering course in Electrical, mechanical, Civil, Instrumentation and Electronics Streams are preferred for this trainee post.
Individuals who desire to join in this job should be physically fit. Candidates who are in their final semester or final year can also apply for NTPC Recruitment 2017. However, they should have applied for the upcoming GATE 2017 Exam. The selection for this post will be done especially on the basis of marks secured by them in the GATE 2017 exam followed by other recruitment process. The selected candidates will have to undergo training for one year duration before regularizing the job. They shall also be offered attractive compensation packages as per norms. For more details please move down the page.
Discipline Wise Openings in NTPC
|Sl.No||Discipline||No of Posts||Age Limit||Salary|
|1||Electrical||40||27 years||Rs.50500/- pm|
Academic Qualification: Aspirants who have done full time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ technology or AMIE with not less than 65% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PWD) in overall semester from a government recognized university or institute are eligible to apply for this Executive trainee post.
- For Executive Engineer – BE/ B.Tech/ AMIE in Electrical/ Power Electronics/ Mechanical/ Production/ Thermal/ Civil/ Construction/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical & Automation
Age Limit & Relaxation: NTPC has capped the maximum age limit of the applicants to 27 years. This age will be calculated as on the last date of online application. Anyhow, aspirants who are belonging to reserved category can get concession in age as per government norms.
- Age Limit for SC/ ST – 32 years
- Age Limit for OBC – 30 years
- Age Limit for PWD – 37 years
- Age Limit for PWD (OBC) – 40 years
- Age Limit for PWD (SC/ ST) – 42 years
Recruitment Process: The initial selection process would take place based upon the marks secured by the candidates in the GATE 2017 exam. While filling your online application, aspirants have to mention your GATE Registration number in the specified column.
After the result is announced, the NTPC management will check the GATE scores (weightage 85%) of the applicants and only the suitable person will be called for Online Aptitude test. Based on their performance, the candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (5%) and Interview (10%). Based on the marks obtained by them in each round, the final merit list will be prepared.
- GATE 2017 Score
- Online Aptitude Test
- Group Discussion
- Personal Interview
- Medical Examination
Remunerations: At the time of joining, the candidates have to execute a service bond of Rs.250000/- (Rs.125000/- for SC/ ST/ PWD) for serving in the company for atleast 3 years after the training.
Initially, the appointees have to undergo training at NPTC for a period of one year. After successful training, the trainees can be posted anywhere across India. The monthly salary given for the appointee will be as per company norms.
- Salary during Training – Rs.24900/- pm
- After Training period – Rs.24900 to 50500/- pm
Besides the basic pay, the designees are liable to receive Dearness allowance and other usual allowance as per NTPC rules in force.
Registration Fee: Applicants are required to pay their application fee through online payment gateways such as net banking, credit/ debit card. You can also pay the fee by using the pay-in-slip which will be generated during online registration. Candidates can approach any nearby CAG branch, New Delhi for paying fee in cash.
After payment, you will be provided a journal number and Branch code. Fill these details during online application.
- For general & OBC – Rs.150/-
- For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-servicemen – Fee Exempted
How to Apply Online for NTPC Recruitment 2017
Candidates who feel that you are suitable for this job can use the career portal of NTPC for filling your online form. Aspirants who have applied for GATE 2017 will have to be get ready with GATE Registration Number while fill the form. The detailed guidelines for online application are listed out in the below section.
- To apply for NTPC ET- 2017, go to the Career site of NTPC i.e. “www.ntpccareers.net”.
- Click on the “Recruitment of Executive Trainee-2017” link on that page.
- In the next page, click on the “Proceed to Registration”
- Read the instructions keenly and tap on the “Yes, Please let me in…” tab at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the discipline and fill the columns with required details.
- Upload the softcopies of photo and signature and give “preview” option for checking the details.
- Select the payment option and remit the fee.
- After successful submission, an application form along with e-receipt will be displayed.
- Take the printout of the form and save it for future reference.
Dates to Remember
- Online Application Commences from – 10th Jan 2017
- Last Date for Online Registration – 31st Jan 2017
Note: In the above section, we have stated lot of information such as qualification, age, salary and other requirements which are needed to apply for NTPC Recruitment 2017. You can go through the official notification for grabbing furthermore details.