NIOT Recruitment 2017: National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) has made a job offer for candidates who are endeavoring a lot in getting job. On referring the latest notification revealed from this organization, 203 vacancies are found in the post of Project Scientist, Technician etc. All these posts are filled up purely on temporary basis. Scroll down this page further for gathering more information about NIOT Recruitment 2017 in detailed manner.
|NIOT Recruitment 2017– Highlights|
|Designation||Project Scientist/ Technician||Vacancies||203|
|Qualification||12th/ Diploma/ Bachelors/ Masters Degree||Application||Online|
|Selection Type||Test or interview||Job Type||Temporary|
|Last Date||30-10-2017||Job Location||Chennai|
NIOT Recruitment 2017
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES). NIOT is managed by a Governing council, which is to develop reliable indigenous technology to solve the various engineering problems. This organization is proposed to engage Indian Nationals to the following positions in different disciplines on contract basis with consolidated emoluments. Qualified candidates in different streams are going to be hired under the post of Project Scientist/ Technician.
To participate in the selection process, immediately submit your applications on or before the due date. Engagement of selected individuals is on time bound and purely temporary on contract basis for a fixed term. The duration of the engagement would be initially for a period of one year and extendable by one more year or co-terminus with the project. More details about NIOT Chennai Recruitment are found below.
NIOT Vacancy Details
|Sl.No||Name of the Post||No of Positions|
|Oceanography/ Physical Oceanography||01|
|Oceanography/ Physical Oceanography||10|
|Geology/GIS/ Remote Sensing/Marine Geophysics||06|
|2||Project Scientific Assistants||Mechanical||15|
|3||Project Technicians||Mechanical/ Fitter/ Welder/ Machinist||21|
|4||Project Senior Executive||Project Administration||11|
|Project Junior Assistant||17|
Salary Details: Including House Rent Allowance (HRA), appointees are offered with huge amount of salary per month.
- Project Scientist II – Rs. 65000/- + HRA
- Project Scientist I – Rs.55000/- + HRA
- Project Scientific Assistant/ Senior Executive – Rs.24000/- + HRA
- Project Technician/ Junior Assistant – Rs.15000/- + HRA
Eligibility Requisites to Apply for NIOT Recruitment 2017
Qualification Required: Below listed educational qualification according to the concerned post is required to apply for NIOT Recruitment.
- Project Scientist-II– Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Project Scientist I – B.E/ B.Tech/ Masters Degree
- Project Scientific Assistant/ Senior Executive – Diploma/ Bachelors Degree
- Project Technician – 10th Pass with ITI
- Project Junior Assistant – 12th Pass
Age Restriction: The upper age limit specified for each of the post is mentioned hereunder. This maximum age limits should be calculated as on 30th December 2017.
- Project Scientist – 40 years
- Project Scientist I – 35 years
- Project Scientific Assistant/ Project Technician – 28 years
Necessary Experience: Experience is only needed for the post of Project Senior Executive; in respect of other post experience is not a mandatory one.
- Project Senior Executive – 5 years
NIOT Chennai Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Either by conducting written test or interview, selection would be done. While appearing for selection, applicants would not be paid with travel or dearness allowance.
- Written examination/ interview
How to Apply for NIOT Recruitment 2017
Aspirants who intend to apply for NIOT Chennai Recruitment shall register your personal and professional details in online mode. The step by step procedure for applying is given below,
- At first, visit the official website “www.niot.res.in”.
- Click on the concerned link in “Recruitment” section of the website.
- Hit on “New Registration” button and fill the registration form.
- Check the details and hit on “Register” button to get the application number & Password.
- Again press on Login button and enter the Application No, Password and Date of Birth.
- Get the new application form and fill it with all details.
- Cross check all the filled in details and do corrections, if necessary.
- Upload the scanned images of documents, if required.
- Finally submit the application form.
- Retain the hard copy of the application form for future reference.
If you have any difficulty in filling the online application form, please send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating the problem faced.
Hard copy of the registered online applications should be sent to “The Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology, Velachery – Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai–600100”. The envelope should be superscripted as “The post name and discipline for which applied”.
Documents to Attach: Candidates shall enclose self-attested photocopies of following documents along with the print out of the Application Form
- 10th standard certificate or equivalent in support of Date of Birth
- 12th standard or equivalent mark sheet
- Community certificate
- Degree / Diploma certificate along with mark sheets of each year
- G. Degree Certificate along with mark sheets of each year
- Experience Certificate
- Other documents, as applicable,
Dates to Remember
|NIOT Recruitment 2017 – Reference Dates|
|Last date to submit online application||30th October 2017|
|Last date to submit hard copies||6th November 2017|
|Last date to submit hard copies (Candidates from far flung areas)||13th November 2017|
Note: The information in regard of NIOT Recruitment 2017 is updated in the above sections.