NABARD Grade B Syllabus 2017: National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD), an Indian Government and RBI owned organization recently published one vacancy notice for filling Officer posts under Grade ‘B’ category in its administration, on General and Agriculture cadres. Till first week of July 2017, NABARD has decided to accept applications for these jobs. After that, soon on August 2017 bank will conduct the first recruitment based exam. All eligible applicants would be called for this test. So before that, be prepared. If you want to know about the exam pattern and NABARD Grade B Syllabus 2017, go through the below contents given in this article.
|Authority||National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)|
|Exam Name||Officers in Grade B (RDBS) Exam 2017|
|Exam Type||Online Exam|
|Exam Date||Aug 2017 (Prelims – tentative)|
NABARD Grade B Syllabus 2017
Eligible appliers (i.e. candidates who possess requisite qualification, age, etc.) will be issued with admit cards to participate in this test. The first exam is a preliminary one and individuals qualifying in this test shall only be called for main exam.
Questions for this NABARD Grade B Exam will be asked mostly on degree standard. The exam pattern and NABARD Grade B Syllabus 2017 given on below paragraphs may give readers some idea that whether test will be easy/ moderate/ difficult.
The selection round doesn’t finishes here. Atlast, for 40 marks an interview would also be conducted. Only top mark scorers in main exam shall be invited for this final interview round of selection.
- Qualification: Degree in relevant subjects
- Age Limit: 21 to 35 years
- Selection Methods: Exam and Interview
Topics of NABARD Grade B Recruitment Exam 2017: As stated above, two phases of recruitment test is there. The exam for NABARD Grade B Officer posts will be conducted in online mode only. Descriptive questions shall also be asked for tier-2 exam. Individuals should be aware of the following topics to qualify in test rounds of selection.
- English Language
- Computer Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Economic & Social Issues
- Agriculture & Rural Development
- Development Economics, Statistics, Finance & Management
NABARD Grade B Exam Pattern 2017
Depending upon phase of examination, the NABARD Grade B Exam pattern differs as follows. Negative marks are applicable for ticking of incorrect answers in objective type questions.
Prelims Exam Pattern:
|6.||Economic & Social Issues||40|
|7.||Agriculture & Rural Development||40|
- Computer Based
- No descriptive questions will come.
- Total marks for which test is planned is 200.
- Maximum time given will be 2 hours.
- About 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Main Exam Pattern:
|I (Descriptive)||General English||100||1 ½ hour|
|II (Objective)||Economic & Social Issues and Agri. & Rural Development (especially Rural India)||100||1 ½ hour|
|III (Objective)||Development Economics, Statistics, Finance & Management||100||1 ½ hour|
- Computer Based
- Objective and descriptive questions will be asked.
- Total marks for which main exam will be conducted is 300.
- Only 3 hour 45 minutes will be given.
Subject Wise NABARD Grade B Exam Syllabus 2017: The marks of preliminary examination will not be counted for preparation of final merit list. Only the main exam and interview marks will be taken into account. But aspirants should qualify in all tests with good marks. Then only he/ she would be called for further selection rounds. To help the appliers to succeed, we have given here some of the subject-wise NABARD Grade ‘B’ Syllabus.
Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
- Data Sufficiency
- Statement based questions
- Miscellaneous questions
- I/O questions, etc.
- National & International Affairs
- Banking & Economy, Insurance
- General Politics
- New Schemes
- Recent Appointments
- Awards & Honours
- Social & Cultural Events
- Latest Technology developments, etc.
- Data Interpretation
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Profit and loss
- Simple and compound interest
- Boat and stream
- Time and work
- Area, etc.
- History of Computer & Generations
- Basics of Computers
- Functions of hardware/ software devices
- Internet & Networking, etc.
- Comprehension cloze test
- Spotting errors
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Improvement
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Para Jumbles, etc.
Main Exam Syllabus:
- Precis Writing
- Comprehension & Business/ Office Correspondence, etc.
Paper-2: Economic & Social Issues and Agri. & Rural Development (General)
- Nature of Indian Economy
- Population Policy in India
- Regional Imbalance in India’s Industrial Development
- Role of International Funding Institutions
- Educational Policy for India
- Health and Environment
- Social Movements
- Indian Political Systems
- Employment Generation in India
- Soil & Water Conservation
- Water Resource
- Farm & Agri Engineering
- Plantation & Horticulture
- Animal Husbandry, Fisheries
- Present Scenario of Indian Agriculture & Allied activities
- Structure of the Indian Rural Economy
- Issues and challenges in Handlooms
- Panchayati Raj Institutions, etc.
Paper-2: Economic & Social Issues and Agri. & Rural Development (Agri posts)
- Food production and consumption trends in India
- National and international food policies
- Relation of food production to National Dietary Guidelines and food consumption pattern
- PEM or PCM
- Environmental pollution and associated hazards to crops, animals & humans
- Cropping patterns in different agro-climatic zones
- Features and scope of various types of forestry plantations
- Soil conservation
- Farm management
- Agricultural extension
- Mutations and their role in crop improvement
- History of plant breeding
- Principles of Plant Physiology
- Diagnosis of pests and diseases, etc.
Paper-3: Development Economics, Statistics, Finance and Management
- Development Economics
- Management (HR, Communication), etc.
|Download Official Syllabus Notification PDF||Click here|
NABARD Grade B Exam 2017
Candidates hired through these sorts of test and interview will be appointed as a Manager in Grade ‘B’ category under Rural Development Banking Service (RDBS), in NABARD. Even if the competition level is too high, only 9 leading performers will be placed in these positions under General category and 8 under Agriculture category. Also it should be rememberable that, first on reservation basis only appointments will be done.
- Positions – Officer Grade ‘B’ (Manager)
- Vacancies – 17
- Date of Notice – Jun 2017
- Exam Date – Aug 2017 (tentative)
Note: On above section we have given details about the NABARD Grade B Exam pattern and its syllabus for upcoming exam. To know more about the syllabus for main exam, refer the official notice.