KPCL Syllabus 2017: Deploying under Government jobs is a dream for most of the job seekers, only due to the reason of job security and attractive salary. Like such opportunity is availed in one of the Karnataka Government undertaking, which is Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL). State wide, KPCL issues an employment notification for those who are holding Bachelors/ Masters/ Engineering Degree. For these candidates, 486 job openings currently exist in Junior/ Assistant Engineer, Chemist and Chemical Supervisor posts. Vast openings availed in KPCL are filled up with candidates, based on their marks in the upcoming written exam. In many exams, candidates facing failure due to the lack of knowledge in syllabus, exam pattern etc. To avoid such situation in current scenario, those who applied shall get KPCL Syllabus 2017 hereunder.
|KPCL Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||KPCL AE JE Examination 2017||Exam Type||Objective|
|Material||Syllabus Download||Exam Category||Engineer/ Chemist/ Supervisor|
|Exam Date||Announced soon||Exam Phase||Single Phase|
|Authority||Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL)||Official Site||www.karnatakapower.com|
KPCL Syllabus 2017
Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) is engaged in the service of generating electrical power in the Indian state of Karnataka. They are generating electricity from the modes of hydroelectric, thermal and diesel.
In consideration of the exam coming forth, we are presenting here with KPCL Syllabus 2017 and exam pattern. We think it’s the right time to deliver these materials, because almost of the applied candidates are now involved in exam preparation. This syllabus and exam pattern guides you to prepare for the exam in easy manner.
Besides the written examination, there are two more stages i.e. verification of documents and Kannada language test. Kannada language test would be conducted for those who not Studied Kannada as one of the subject in SSLC. After written examination, candidates hoping that he/ she will succeed shall be reday to attend these stages also.
Main Subjects of KPCL AE JE Syllabus
Questions for the exam will be asked in two sections only. It is not from your knowledge apart. Since, in most of the competitive exams you have seen questions from General Awareness & Aptitude, which is a small part of this exam. And in another part, questions will be drafted from academic standards.
- General Awareness & Aptitude
- Electrical/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Other Subjects
Written Exam Pattern: The overview of the exam is structured in the below tabular column. As per the table, you have to concentrate more in first section, because maximum of the questions will be from your academic qualification.
|Sl.no||Test Subjects||No of Questions||Maximum marks|
|1||Electrical/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Instrumentation/ Other Subjects||75||75|
|2||General Awareness & Aptitude||25||25|
In addition to the details given in the above tabular column, we give some list of details here,
- The written exam will be conducted for 100 marks in the relevant technical subjects.
- All the questions will be of objective type.
- OMR answer sheets will be provided to answer the questions.
- The question papers will be in English version for Engineering cadres.
- Whereas in Non-Engineering cadres, question papers will be both in Kannada and English languages.
Subject Wise KPCL Syllabus 2017: Candidates, if you get idea about the exam pattern then you have to note down the below syllabus.
Common Topics: General Awareness and Aptitude section is common for all the latest KPCL exams.
General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian Polity.
- Indian Constitution.
- Indian History.
- Indian Culture & Heritage.
- IT & Space etc.
- Indian Economy.
- Current Events – National & International.
- Science & Technology.
- Indian Geography.
General Aptitude Syllabus
- Time and Work.
- Arithmetic Reasoning.
- Visualization Space.
- Problems on Ages.
- Pipes & Cisterns.
- Profit & Loss.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving.
- Ratios & Proportions.
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest.
- Time & Distance.
- Areas & Volumes.
- Data Interpretation.
Technical Subjects: Here, you have to be cleared in any one of the topic as per your academic qualification.
AE/ JE Civil Syllabus
- Engineering Mathematics
- Transportation Engineering
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Physics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydrology and Irrigation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Design and Drawing of RC structures
- Hydraulic Structures and Irrigation Design – Drawing
- Alternative Building Materials and Technologies
- Ground Improvement Techniques
- Building Materials and Construction Technology
- Structural Analysis
- Hydraulics and Hydraulic Machines
- Building Planning and Drawing
- Design of RCC Structural Elements
- Air Pollution and Control
- Structural Dynamic
- Design and Drawing of Bridges
- Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures
- Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Ground Water Hydrology
- Rural Water Supply and Sanitation
- Traffic Engineering
- Design and Drawing of Steel Structures
- Design of Pre – Stressed Concrete Structures
- Highway Geometric design
- Open Channel Hydraulics
- Solid Waste Management
- Rock Mechanics
- Pavement Materials and Construction
- Construction Management & Engineering Economics
- Urban Transport Planning
- Geographic Information System
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Reinforced Earth Structures
AE/ JE Electrical Syllabus
- Mathematics related to Engineering
- Engineering Physics and Chemistry
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Basic Electronics
- Electronic Circuits
- Electric Power Generation
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation
- Logic Design
- Control Systems
- Field Theory
- Power Electronics
- Transformers and Induction Machines
- Signals and Systems
- Transmission and Distribution
- DC Machines and Synchronous Machines
- Linear IC’s and Applications
- Industrial Drives and Applications
- Electrical Design, Estimation and Costing
- Power System Operation and Control
- Reactive Power Management
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Digital System Design with VHDL
- Power System Planning
- Computer Control of Electrical Drives
- VLSI Circuits and Design
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Data Base Management Systems
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Energy Auditing & Demand Side Management
- Electrical Power Quality
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- HYDC Transmission
- Control Theory
- Power System Analysis and Stability
- Switchgear and Protection
- Electrical Machine Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing
- Computer Techniques- in-Power-System-Analysis
- Electrical Power Utilization
- High Voltage Engineering
AE/ JE Mechanical Syllabus
- IC Engines
- Steam Boiler, Engines, Nozzles and Steam Turbines Modern boilers
- Compressors, Gas Dynamics and Gas Turbines Reciprocating Centrifugal and
- axial flow compressor
- Heat Transfer, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
- Prosperities and classification of fluid
- Theory of Machines
- Machine Design
- Strength of Materials
- Engineering Materials
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Planning and Control Material handling
AE Instrumentation syllabus
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems
- Signals & Transducers
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Optical Instrumentation
- Systems and Communications
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Control Systems and Process Control
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements
- Mechanical Measurement
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Electronics
Chemist/ Chemical Supervisor Syllabus: Aspirants who have chosen Chemist/ Chemical Supervisor should be thorough in your related subjects. You may refer your academic materials before attending the exam.
KPCL Exam 2017
In order to enhance their business growth, KPCL announced professional opportunities for competent and qualified personnel in the following categories,
- Assistant / Junior Engineer
- Chemical Supervisor
Selection will be in three stages for those who applied for such posts. Finally, selected candidates will be posted at any of the Thermal Power Stations located in Raichur and Bellary Districts. After appointment, they will be on probation for a Period of 12 months.
- Academic Qualification – BE/ B.Tech/ Masters/ Bachelors Degree
- Age Limit – 18 to 35 years
- Application type – Online
|Download KPCL Exam Syllabus PDF||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|KPCL Syllabus 2017 – Important Dates|
|Date of publication of advertisement||17th July 2017|
|Last date to submit application||22nd August 2017|
|Date of written examination||October 2017|
Note: Information in respect of KPCL Syllabus 2017 is explained and syllabus topics are listed in the above sections.