JNU Recruitment 2017: A rolling advertisement has been spread out by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) inorder to fulfill the backlog seats for various level teaching jobs as under. The unfilled vacancies that are observed upto-date are around hundred in number. Candidates who are searching for such jobs in any top universities of country can divert their attention towards this JNU Recruitment 2017. Specialisations for which faculties are required are Plant Biology, Molecular Parasitology, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Chinese, etc. Citizens who had played their part in educational innovation, formation of new curricula; technology related teaching-learning process, etc are preferred. Other details are explained neatly on below sections.
|Organisation||Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU)|
|Positions||Associate Professor, etc.|
|Qualification||Ph.D/ Master Degree & NET/ SET/ SLET|
JNU New Delhi Recruitment 2017
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) located in New Delhi is an educational institution as well as a research emphasis on liberal arts and applied sciences. In the Academic Staff College, Intellectual Property Management Cell and other Schools/ Centres under control of this university there exists some Faculty openings under Unreserved and OBC categories. Citizens with research interest/ experience are only encouraged to compete under this JNU Recruitment 2017, by submitting online applications. By taking the academic background, research performance/ publications, domain knowledge, teaching skills and performance in personality test on account, university has decided to fill these open places.
Post Wise Vacancy Details
|No.||Post Name||No. of Openings||Maximum Salary|
Educational Profile: Newly amended UGC regulations will be followed for seeing about the eligibility of appliers, as follows.
- For Professor/ Associate Professor designation: Ph.D on relevant discipline
- For Assistant Professor position: Master Degree with NET/ SET/ SLET/ Ph.D on appropriate subjects
This education must be studied from any recognised institution/ university, with not less than 55% marks in their Master Degree. SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC community candidates will get 5% mark relaxation in this qualifying examination.
Publication in journals/ books should also be done by appliers i.e. minimum 10 to join as Professor and 5 incase of Associate Professor designation.
Requisite Experience: Years of experience on teaching or research field at any reputed industries/ National level institutions is needed to enter as Professor/ Associate Professor under this JNU University. Minimum requisite experience for each posts are listed here.
- For Professor job: 10 years
- For Associate Professor designation: 8 years
- For Assistant Professor: Not compulsory
Selection Process: On seeing the Academic Performance Indicator (API) scores and other suitable eligibility, initial screening shall be done by recruiting authorities. Then shortlisted persons will be called to attend the interview process of selection, with requisite credentials.
- Personal Interview
Salary and Allowances: Monthly salary (as per Pay Band-3 for Assistant Professor and Pay Band-4 for Professor/ Associate Professor), Academic Grade Pay and other admissible allowances will be given to appointees, for their efforts and service.
- For Assistant Professor post: Rs.15600 – 39100/-
- For Other designations: Rs.37400 – 67000/-
- Range of AGP: Rs.6000 – 10000/-
Application Fee: The General and OBC category individuals have to remit application fee for this JNU New Delhi recruitment 2017. Fee once paid is non-refundable in any cases.
- Cost of Application: Rs.500/-
- Exemption: SC/ ST/ PWD/ Woman
- Payment Mode: Online
How to Apply Online for JNU Recruitment 2017
If citizens are found eligible as per the requirements stated by university, then apply for JNU New Delhi recruitment 2017 through online mode before 5.30 PM of last date. Following steps will be useful for doing this registration,
- Visit the university website jnu.ac.in.
- Go to “Careers at JNU” and read the detailed advertisement.
- Then hit concerned “Apply Online” link.
- Against the post/ centre which you want to join hit again “Apply Online” link.
- Create an account first by clicking “New User Registration”.
- After registration, login into the application page.
- Fill the requisite details and upload scanned copies of photo, sign and necessary certificates.
- Preview the information and hit “Submit” button.
- Do the transaction, as applicable.
- Finally take printout copies of submitted application & e-Receipt.
It should be noted that, earlier advertisement RC/44/2012, RC/45/2013, RC/47/2014, RC/48/2014, RC/49/2014, RC/50/2015 & RC/55/2015 has been cancelled. Those who had done registration on response of that notice can apply afresh for this circular, if interested.
- Last date for submission of online application – 14th Mar 2017
Note: Above section gives information about the current employment openings in a leading university. To know about unit/ School wise reservation details or specialisations, refer the official notice released by JNU New Delhi.