Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017: Indian Coast Guard has given a new career based opportunity to male citizens of country this year (2017), to enter on Assistant Commandant posts in its Force under General Duty. The 10th pass citizens who had taken in their qualifying examination are the right persons. No physically challenged persons should apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017, as the post needs good physique to work on maritime/ aviation support roles. Detailed information about this placement drive are explained one-by-one down.
|Organisation||Indian Coast Guard (ICG)|
|Designation||Assistant Commandant (GD – Pilot)|
|Vacancy Nos||NA||Last Date||20-05-2017|
Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017
Indian Coast Guard operates under Defence Ministry. Some of the missions of ICG are protecting fishermen/ mariners at sea, helping Customs department, doing scientific data collection, etc. This Armed Force is now having employment opportunities for Assistant Commandant posts, which is nothing but Sailor related posts. Under 10 Entry Scheme, selection is going to be done by conducting various health as well as intelligence related tests. Zone wise needed number of persons will get hired, on merit basis. The training begins mostly on August month, so before that all recruitment formalities will over. After training, candidates will be moved as Sailors/ Weapon System Operators/ Communication Specialists, etc. in respective cadres.
Vacancy Details in Indian Coastal Guard
|No.||Name of Post||No. of Vacancies||Age Limit||Salary|
|1.||Assistant Commandant (General Duty)||Not Mentioned||22 years||Rs.56100/-|
Necessary Education: The Higher Secondary passed individuals are the eligible ones to apply for this Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017.
- For Assistant Commandant post: 10th pass
While calculating percentages, appliers should have secured atleast 50% marks in total and also in Maths & Physics papers together. About 5% marks relaxations shall be given to wards of Coast Guard Uniform personnel deceased in service and outstanding sports person.
Age Restrictions: Only individuals who had attained 18 years are eligible, but the ceiling age cannot be more than 22 years for appliers. SC/ ST/ OBC persons shall get usual government relaxations in this upper age as follows.
- For SC/ ST: 5 years
- For OBC persons: 3 years
Selection Methods: First written examination will be conducted, by issuing admission certificates to eligible ones. Document verification shall also be done on written exam date. From this, least mark scorers will be rejected and others will be called for Physical test. Followed by medical examination shall also be done.
Individuals who qualify in all these selection stages with good marks would rank first place in the merit list and will be taken into consideration for appointment, based on reservation norms and availability of seats.
- Written Examination: This is an objective type examination on which questions shall come from Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, English, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, etc.
- Physical Fitness Test: This phase consists of running (1.6 km in 7 minutes), Squat ups (20) and Pushups (10).
- Medical Examination: In places assigned by Indian Coast Guard, recruitment based medical examination will done. Height, Hearing impairment, Visual standards, Weight, etc, will be checked.
Pay Scale and Salary: Entrants shall be offered with basic pay as per 7th pay commission’s recommendation. Promotion benefits upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari, Dearness Allowance, Accommodation, Pension, etc. are also applicable for the post.
- Salary: Rs.56100/-
How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2017
Online mode of applications has to be submitted by eligible and eager personnel, before completion of deadline. The steps are,
- Open the page joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
- Go to “Opportunities” and select “Recruitment of Assistant Commandants ”.
- Select “Post Applied For – Assistant Commandant General Duty”.
- Click “I Agree” and start filling the mandatory fields of application.
- Scanned copies of photograph & signature have to be upload
- Before hitting “Submit”, preview the details once.
- Finally take printout copy of it.
|Apply Online||Click here|
Dates to Remember
|Online registration link opens on||13th May 2017|
|Final date for application submission||20th May 2017|
|Admit Cards will be issued from||24th to 31th May 2017|
|Exam will be conducted on||Jun 2017|
Note: We have provided all basic details in above paragraphs, regarding some of the new Assistant Commandant posts existing in Indian Coastal Guard. To know more, refer the official notice.