IMU Recruitment 2017: Indian Maritime University (IMU) has imparted a direct recruitment notification for Group A, B and C posts, recently in their web portal. It gives the information that, IMU proposed to fill some of the job openings under the posts of Assistant Registrar, Private Secretary and Assistant (finance & other). Candidates who are interested in this Administrative posts, shall make sure that you suits the prescribed eligibility criteria. If seem to be eligible, make your online registration as soon as possible. Additional information about IMU Recruitment 2017 is discussed below,
|Organization||Indian Maritime University (IMU)|
|Designation||Assistant Registrar, Private Secretary, Assistant|
|Vacancy Nos||31||Last Date||08-03-2017|
|Job Nature||Temporary or Permanent|
IMU Recruitment 2017
Indian Maritime University (IMU) is the only university in the country imparting quality education in the Maritime field. It plays a vital role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector. In order to satisfy the need of manpower in Administrative areas, IMU invites online applications through their web portal. There are about 31 vacancies, in need of staffs on various administrative positions. Except in case of Assistant Registrar post, applications from deputationists are also accepted for other posts. To achieve the post, aspirants must possess Bachelors degree in concerned field.
Recruitment scheduled for each of the post may differ, in accordance with the requirement of the post. For direct recruitment, candidates are initially appointed for a period of two years as probationer and successful completion of the period leads to regular appointment. Even if, the candidates are appointed in IMU head quarters they should be liable to work in any other campus also.
Position wise Vacancies in IMU:
|Sl. No||Positions||No of Vacancies||Age Limit||Salary|
|1||Assistant Registrar (Finance)||01||40 years||Rs.39100/-|
|2||Private Secretary||04||45 years||Rs.34800/-|
|3||Assistant (finance)||04||35 years||Rs.20200/-|
Educational Requirements: Aspirants applying against the above said posts should be qualified up to Bachelors Degree. For the post of Private Secretary, additional skill of Typewriting and Shorthand Higher/ Senior Grade in English is required. Also, they must be proficient in Information and communication technology.
- For all the posts – Bachelors Degree
Experiences Required: Excluding the Assistant Post, remaining positions need three to eight years of experience in relevant field.
- For Private Secretary Post – 8 years
- For Assistant Registrar – 3 years
Age Limits: On the basis of recruitment type, upper age limit may differ for each of the posts, which should be calculated as on the date of online submission. The details of the upper age limits are mentioned in the below tabular column. The age of superannuation is 60 years.
|Upper age for each post||General||Deputation||Absorption|
|Private Secretary||45 years||45 years||48 years|
|Assistant||35 years||40 years||43 years|
|Assistant Registrar||40 years||50 years||53 years|
Recruitment Procedures: Commonly, online screening test will be conducted for all the posts. It will be conducted for an aggregate of 180 multiple choice questions. This test is conducted in 12 major cities of Chennai.
The shortlisted candidates through online screening test are called for interview or skill test based on their choice of post. Candidates appearing for Skill test (shorthand and typewriting) and interview must produce the original documents. Only online test is conducted for the post of Assistant.
- Assistant Registrar Post – Online Screening test and interview
- Private Secretary Post – Online Screening test, skill test
- Assistant Post – Online Screening test
Pay Scale & Grade Pay: Candidates who are recruited through selection are appointed under the concerned posts. As per 6th CPC, engaged candidates are provided with pay bands 1-3 and grade pay ranging from Rs.2400-5400/-.
|Position||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
Application Fee: The fee fixed for application is non-refundable, which is paid only by online, during the process of filling the application form.
- Application fee for online CRT/ PWD candidates – Rs.1000/-
- Application fee for OBC (NCL) candidates – Rs.1500/-
- Fee payment mode – Online
Online Application Procedure for IMU Recruitment 2017
Aspirants who are satisfying the above eligibility conditions shall register your details through online. The steps for applying is given below,
- At first, visit the website “www.imu.ac.in”.
- Go to “Recruitment” section and click the concerned notification.
- After reading the details furnished in the notification, click on “Apply Online” link given against the posts.
- Read the instructions for the post, and do the basic registration by clicking the “I agree” check box followed by hitting the “Register”
- Fill all the blank columns in the registration form and hit on “submit”
- After completing the first step of online registration, you will get the User Id and Password through SMS and e-mail.
- Login your profile by using this registration details and complete the applications by giving personal, educational and experience details.
- After that, upload the photograph and below mentioned documents.
- Make fee payment through the appropriate options.
- Finally submit the application form and retain the print out of the application form.
Candidates applied on the basis of deputation should send the hard copy of application through proper channel. That is, the applicants must get approval from the present employer and sign the hard copy, which should reach before the date of interview or skill test.
If the candidates face any difficulty while applying, send email to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Documents to Upload: while making the online application process, candidates have to upload the following documents.
- Date of birth Certificate (10th certificate)
- 12th certificate
- Community certificate
- Disability certificate
- UG & PG degree certificates and mark sheets
- CA/ ICWA certificate
- Service certificate in prescribed format attested by Notary public
- Other documents as per recruitment rules
|Apply Online||Click here|
- Date of publication of notification – 3rd Feb 2017
- Last date to submit the online application – 8th Mar 2017
Note: For getting details about IMU Recruitment 2017, candidates shall refer the above sections. Keep track on the website for getting latest announcements.