IIT Bombay Recruitment 2017: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is on the outlook for best employees who are willing to join its research group, on short term basis. Requirements are arised in the Chemical, Electrical and Biosciences & Bioengineering departments of institute. Freshers can also attempt for these job vacancies, under sponsored projects. The funding agencies are Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate change, Department of Biotechnology and IITB. On this IIT Bombay recruitment 2017, special consideration will be given for experienced guys. To know about the post details and other eligibilities, go through the below given paragraphs.
|Institution||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay|
|Positions||JRF, Research Associate, etc.|
|Vacancy Nos||04||Last Date||20-02-2017|
|Qualification||Ph.D/ MD/ MS/ MDS/ M.V.Sc/ M.Pharm/ ME/ M.Tech/ BE/ B.Tech/ PG|
IIT Bombay Recruitment 2017
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is a public institution. It is the top most university of engineering and research, in India. To support its Research & Development activities, now institute wants 4 project based staffs under following designations. The applications for these posts are asked to be submitted only through online mode. Candidates who are selected have to put their full efforts to successfully complete the projects very soon. Minimum 1 year period he/ she can serve in the respective posts by doing designing & development of DSP based controllers/ porting & benchmarking/ coding & troubleshooting issues/ scientific documentation & paper writing, etc.
Post Wise Vacancy Details
|No.||Post Name||No. of Openings||Salary|
|1.||Junior Research Fellow (JRF)||1||Rs.25000/-|
|1.||Project Research Assistant||1||Rs.31000/-|
|1.||Research Associate (RA)||1||Rs.36000/-|
|1.||Research Associate (RA)||1||Rs.36000/-|
Academic Requirements: Graduation/ Post Graduation are the requisite qualification to enter into these jobs (as follows). But individuals who are willing to apply for JRF designation must have secured first class marks in the qualifying examination.
- For JRF position: PG Degree in Atmospheric Sciences/ Environmental Studies/ Earth Sciences/ Civil/ Chemical/ Computer Science Engineering subjects
- For Project Research Assistant job: BE/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering or ME/ M.Tech/ MS in Electrical Engineering/ Power Electronics/ Drives
- For Research Associate post: Ph.D/ MD/ MS/ MDS or M.V.Sc/ M.Pharm/ ME/ M.Tech or equivalent
NET/ GATE qualified persons or citizens who are familiar with scientific languages (C, Python, Shell Scripting) will be given first preference, under JRF post.
Incase of Research Associate job, candidates with M.V.Sc/ M.Pharm/ M.E/ M.Tech qualification must have published atleast one research paper in SCI journal.
Work Experience: On areas related to atmospheric modelling and analysis of model outputs/ research, teaching and design & development, etc., aspirants must have gained necessary working experience. The years of experience required will change based on his/ her qualification.
- For JRF designation: 1 year
- For Project Research Assistant post: 0 to 2 years
- For Research Associate designation: 0 to 3 years
Individuals having professional experience in MATLAB, FERRET and NCL are found most suitable for JRF position.
Selection Criteria: Applied persons have to visit the IRCC website and his/ her email id frequently, because institute will publish/ sent the call letter to participate in interview process of selection through these modes. While arriving for interview, aspirants should also fetch their original as well as copies of requisite credentials with them.
- Personal Interview
Emoluments Offered: Consolidated payments are fixed as salary for each designation listed under IIT Bombay recruitment 2017 (circulars). But these salaries may also be altered (decreased/ increased) based on experience and performance of candidates in interview round. House Rent Allowances, Leave, etc. will be given as per rules of institute.
- Salary of Project Research Assistant post: Rs.21000 – 31000/-
- Salary Range of other designations: Rs.25000 – 36000/-
How to Apply for IIT Bombay Recruitment 2017
Institute has advised eligible candidates to submit their applications through online mode, by following the instructions given below.
- Open the link “ircc.iitb.ac.in/IRCC-Webpage/rnd/HRMSLoginPage.jsp”.
- To register newly, hit the link “New applicants register here”.
- After registering, login using your “User name and password”.
- Click the concerned job link for the posts which you want to apply.
- All the mandatory fields in application should be filled.
- If needed, upload the scanned copies of photograph & signature/ documents.
- After prior checking, hit the “Submit” button.
- Finally take printout copy of it.
- Last date for submission of online application – 20th Feb 2017
Note: Details about the different project related posts that are currently vacant under IIT Bombay are explained above. To know about project details, refer the officially released notices.