UPSC IES Admit Card 2018: According to the annual planner, the Indian Engineering Service (IES) exams are about to take place on the month of January 2018. As the exam dates are nearing, the commission has released the UPSC IES Admit Card 2018 over its official portal yesterday. Engineering graduates who were aging between 21 and 30 years applied for this exam through online. Now they can start to download their admit card for the upcoming examination. Aspirants who get selected through this Prelims exam can only appear for the further selection Process. The details regarding the IES Admit Card, Exam Pattern and instruction for downloading admit card are explained clearly in the below section.
|UPSC IES Admit Card 2018|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||UPSC IES Exam 2018|
|Exam Date||07 January 2018|
UPSC IES Admit Card 2018
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is a recruitment authority which organises various examinations for engaging suitable staffs below civil services, defence services, railway services, Engineering services, etc. This year, there were lot of vacancies lying below Group A and B services. To tackle this situation, UPSC came out with the exam notification.
This examination will be conducted in three phases i.e. Prelims, Mains and Personality Test. Now, the UPSC IES Admit Card 2018 has been for the prelims exam. It is a preliminary screening test for washing out large number aspirants appearing for the further recruitment process.
Those who are going to appear for the IES exam has to carry a system generated Admit Card along with valid photo ID proof at the time of exam. These documents will be checked by the venue in charge and invigilator during the exam. Candidates who fail to bring these documents won’t be allowed to appear for the exam.
The details which will be mentioned on the online generated e-Admit card is given in the below list.
- Roll number
- Registration ID
- Photo of the candidate
- Exam Venue
- Exam date
- Instructions for Candidates
Things to Remember: Aspirants who are going to take part in the IES examination should carry admit card along with the valid photo ID proof such as PAN card, Voter ID, passbook, Adhaar Card, etc. Answers should be marked only by using Black ball point pen. Don’t bring mobile phones, Pagers, blue tooth or any communication devices inside the exam hall.
Some of the points you should remember before appearing for the examination is given in the below section.
- Carry your UPSC IES Admit Card along with Valid Photo ID proof.
- Paste a recent passport size photo on the admit card.
- Answers have to be marked by using Black Ball point pen.
- Avoid the usage of electronic gadgets inside the exam hall.
- Enter the exam hall 20 minutes before the specified time.
- Don’t try to copy answers from the neighbor participants.
- Put your signature and thumb impression on the attendance sheet.
UPSC IES Exam 2018
This Indian Engineering Service examination is conducted each year especially for engaging young and talented engineering graduates below various posts. IES examination will be conducted through three stages. Those who are qualifying all the stages would be added to the merit list. Based upon the availability of vacancies, the appointment will be done.
The group A and B services for which this examination is being conducted is listed out below.
Group A Services
- Indian Railway Services
- Central Engineering Services
- Indian Ordnances Factory
- Central Water Engineering services
- AEE in Border Roads Engineering Services
- Indian Naval Armament Service
- Indian Defence Service of Engineers
- Indian Supply Services, etc
Group B Services
- Central Power Engineering Services
- Junior Telecom Officer
Eligibility Criteria: Aspirants who have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or technology or Diploma in their respective field are eligible. The age of the applicant should be between 21 to 30 years. Holding Experience in their related domain will be an added advantage for them.
- Age Limitations – 21 to 30 years
- Qualification – BE/ B.Tech/ Diploma
Selection Methodology: The applications submitted through the online shall be scrutinized by the selection panel and only the shortlisted candidates would be invited for Preliminary examination.
Aspirants who qualify in this examination would be asked to appear for the Mains Exam. Those who clear this examination are required to take part in the Personal interview.
Based on the marks obtained by them in the above section process will be calculated and a provisional merit list will be prepared. These shortlisted candidates should appear for the medical examination. Candidates proved to be medically fit will be considered for appointment.
- Prelims: Objective Paper
- Mains: Conventional Paper
- Personal Interview
- Medical Verification
Exam Pattern and Phases: Preliminary exam is an objective type test which comprises of three papers i.e. General Ability Test, Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Electronics and Telecommunication engineering Paper-I and Paper-II. Each paper will carry 200 marks. Two hours timing will be provided for each section. This examination will be conducted in three different days.
- IES Prelims exam is an objective type test.
- Each question will comprise of four multiple choices.
- Total marks allotted for each paper is 200.
- Two hours time will be given for finishing each paper.
- Exam would be conducted through
- One by third of the marks will be reduced for every wrong answer.
How to Download the UPSC IES Admit Card 2018
Candidates who eagerly waited for the UPSC Admit Card 2018 for the nearing Prelims examination can start to download from now onwards. After downloading the admit card candidates have to affix a recent passport size photo on the column provide for it. Moreover, candidates should remember their Roll number for grabbing the UPSC IES Admit Card. If you have lost the number, then you can check refer the mail which was received from UPSC during online application.
For getting your admit card, aspirants have to logon to the official site of UPSC website. Click on the admit card link which will be scrolling on the right side of the page. Then click on the download link on the next page. Choose the login option and enter the details. Your admit card will be appear on a new page.
- Go to the official portal of UPSC i.e. “www.upsc.gov.in”.
- Click on the “e-Admit Card for IES exam” link which will be scrolling on the page.
- On the next page, click on the “Click Here” link below the download e-card caption.
- Give “Yes” on the next page for moving into the next step.
- Enter your Roll number, Date of Birth, security code and give Submit
- Your UPSC IES Admit Card will appear on a new screen.
- Down load and take the printout of the form.
Exam Centre: The IES Exam for Group A and B services will be conducted through various examination centers in India on the specified date. The Prelims exam would take place at the following regions which are given below.
- Vishakhapatnam, etc
|Download IES Admit Card||upsc.gov.in|
Dates to Remember:
- Date of Notification – 27 September 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – 23 October 2017
- Admit Card Release Date – December 2017
- Prelims Exam Date – 07 January 2018
- Mains Exam Date – 01 July 2018
Note: The news regarding the release of UPSC IES Admit Card 2018 is explained on the above section. Please do visit the official site for gathering more details.