UPSC Geologist Exam 2018: Yesterday, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has scattered out the official notification regarding conduct of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2018. Post graduates on Geology, Geophysics, Chemistry, Earth Science & Resource Management, Oceanography & Coastal Areas Studies and related streams can write this exam, if having interest on government jobs. As per GSI 2018 Notification, exam will be conducted in the month of June 2018. So, commission is now inviting applications from candidates those who are willing to write this exam. Last date to submit application is 16th April 2018. Detaily we have provided the information about UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 hereunder. Go ahead with these contents to get clear idea about this upcoming exam, vacancies and employment.
|UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 – Highlights|
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2018|
|Exam Category||UPSC Exam 2018 for GSI and CGWB Departments|
|Application Type||Online mode|
|Exam Type||Descriptive Type Exam|
UPSC Geologist Exam 2018
UPSC is India’s central agency that conducts various examinations for doing appointments in different government cadres across country. To fill the post vacancies in Geological Survey of India (GIS) and Central Ground Water Board (CGWB), every year UPSC conducts one combined competitive exam. Likewise, this year also it is going to conduct Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2018.
As per UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 Notification, comparing last year the vacancies in each department is very less. Look into the table that is given below to know about details of post-wise Geological Survey of India 2018 Vacancies and CGWB Vacancy 2018.
|SI. No.||Categories/ Cadre||Post Names||Approximate Vacancies||Classification|
|1.||Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines||Geologist||24||Group-A|
|1.||Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources||Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist-B)||23||Group-A|
This recruitment based exam will be organized in about 19 different centres like Trivandrum, Allahabad, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Delhi, Patna, etc. Exam cities will be allotted on first-apply-first allot basis. So, keen and eligible post graduate persons hurry up to do this registration, as early as possible.
- Applying citizens should be physically fit to carryout the duties of respective posts
- For allotment to particular posts, good exam result and personality skills are important
It should be rememberable that, by seeing the number of vacancies in each cadre at the time of posting, deserving number of citizens will be enrolled.
UPSC Geo-Scientist and Geologist Salary 2018:
Initially appointment will be done on temporary basis only. Subject to satisfactory performance of candidates, regularisation decisions may be taken. Salary and other admissible allowances will be given to selected candidates of GSI & CGWB Group-A category posts as per government norms.
|Post Names||Salary and other allowances|
|UPSC Geologist Salary||As per government order|
|UPSC Chemist Salary|
|UPSC Geophysicist Salary|
|Junior Hydrogeologist Salary|
Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination 2018 Eligibility details are listed here. Candidates those who are not possessing these qualities no need to apply.
Qualification: Post Graduate qualification from recognized institution/ university should be studied by appliers, on relevant subjects as follows.
Age Limits: Minimum applying age remains same for all posts. But the upper age limit will differ based on position. Candidates who had not exceeded the upper age limit while computing as on 1st January 2018 can apply for this UPSC Geologist Exam 2018.
- Minimum applying age: 21 years
- Maximum applying age of Junior Hydrogeologists post: 35 years
- Maximum applying age of Category-I jobs: 32 years
Age Relaxations: As per GSI 2018 Notification, following category persons are eligible for getting relaxations in upper age limit. Individuals who are claiming for this relaxation must produce necessary document proofs, whenever asked.
- SC/ ST/ J&K Domiciles: 5 years
- Ex-Serviceman/ Commissioned Officers/ ECOs/ SSCOs: 5 years
- OBC category: 3 years
- Blind, Deaf and Orthopedically Handicapped: 10 years
UPSC Geologist 2018 Exam and Selection Process
Candidates those who are submitting applications on or before last date shall be issued with admit cards for UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 atleast three weeks before exam date. The question pattern and further selection rounds planned for Geologist and other Group A posts are given here.
Written Examination: The GSI Exam Date 2018 is 29th April 2018. Depending upon posts the core fields from which questions will be asked will vary as follows. All questions will be of conventional (essay) type. Answers must be written in English only. Some of the disabled category persons will get extra time to finish exam.
|Total Time for Exam: 12 hours (i.e. 3 hrs for each subject)|
|Maximum Marks: 700 (i.e. 100 for general and 200 for each other papers)|
Interview/ Personality Test: This round carries about 200 marks, which will be given on examining competitor’s social qualities, leadership skills, intellectual curiosity, conduct, aptitude skills, etc. Contestants those who are scoring more marks in written exam shall only be invited for interview. While coming for interview, all the requisite certificates in original should be submitted infront of authorities for verification .
Merit List: Final merit list for doing appointment in respective government cadres will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by contestants in exam and interview. Those who are ranking high interms of overall marks/ merit shall be indulged in respective posts atlast.
How to Apply for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam 2018?
Fee: Keen candidates who are found eligible can apply for UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 by submitting online mode of applications. There will be two parts of registration. After Part-I registration aspirants have to pay following amount of fee through online payment gateway available on applying website or download the Pay-in slip and deposit fee as cash in any SBI branch.
- Non-refundable Fee: Rs.200/-
- SC/ ST/ PWDs/ Females: No fees
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
UPSC Geologist 2018 Application Form: Avoid submitting multiple applications. Incase of multiple applications, the application with higher registration id shall only be taken into account by UPSC. The Part-I and Part-II registration steps are given below.
- Open UPSC website “www.upsc.gov.in”
- From Active Examination section, read the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination, 2018 Notification
- After reading Geologist and Geoscientist UPSC 2018 Notification, click “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link available on homepage
- Hit the Part-I Registration link given against particular exam
- Read the instructions that display and hit “Yes” button
- Fill the personal details, address, qualification details etc in part-1 registration form
- Click “Continue” button and choose the mode of payment
- Using “Update” button aspirants who wish to do changes in already entered information can make changes
- On submitting all those information, system generates “Registration id and password”
- Now take printout copy of Part-I registered page
- Candidates who had chosen pay by cash mode in part-I registration download the pay-in-slip and remit the fee in concerned bank after 24 hours of slip generation. After fee payment, login into the second part of registration.
- Candidates who had chosen online payment mode can directly click the part-2 registration link after getting registration id and password
- In the second part of registration, offline payment makers should enter the payment details. Those who wish to do online payment, can do the transaction using appropriate link available on part-2.
- Upload the scanned photo, signature on next step as per required specifications
- Then “Submit” the application and take its printout copy
- If you have submitted application correctly, an autogenerated email will be sent to your registered email address
The application submission process does not finish here. After declaration of written exam results, qualified candidates will be asked to submit the Detailed Application Form (DAF) online. Individuals who are properly sending the printout of DAF and requisite attested copies of credentials shall only be invited for interview.
UPSC Geoscientist, Geologist Exam Date 2018 and Others
|UPSC GSI Exam 2018 Notification released on||21st March 2018|
|Starting date to apply online||21st March 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||16th April 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||16th April 2018|
|Last date to download pay-in slip for offline payment||15th April 2018|
|Admit cards for written test will be issued on||3 weeks before exam date|
|GSI Exam Date 2018||29th June 2018|
|Exam results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
|Call letter for viva-voce test will be issued on||Updated Soon…|
|Date of Interview/ Personality Test||Updated Soon…|
|Final results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
Note: Regarding one of the upcoming UPSC Geologist Exam 2018 we have given enough information to the job seekers, on above section. Read the GSI 2018 Notification linked here in this article to know details of reservation and other terms & conditions of appointment.