UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017: Few days back, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) had made an announcement regarding conduct of Geo-Scientist and Geologist combined competitive examination for the year 2017. Regarding this advertisement, till first week of March 2017 Commission has given time to willing persons, to submit online applications. Authority, will consider applications of post graduates on concerned Science fields only. Anyhow, appliers who are found eligible as per qualification and age criteria will definitely get the admit card to take part in this countrywide examination. For guiding those applicants we have provided the UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017 details on below sections. Candidates can follow these instructions to get the admission certificate smoothly.
|Authority||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Geo-Scientist and Geologist Exam-2017|
|Exam Mode||OMR based|
|Exam Date||12th May 2017|
UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017
Commission is responsible for conducting this Geo-Scientist and Geologist exam on every year, as these posts comes under public services. This exam paves the way to findout the right persons to employ them under Chemist, Hydrogeologist, etc. positions in Geological Survey of India and Central Ground Water Board. Appliers who are getting valid invitation before exam can only come and attend the test. Invitation is nothing but the UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017. Before release of this admission certificate, for each eligible applicant Commission will fix an exam centre. So this entrance document will be useful for candidates in following ways,
- Proves he/ she is the eligible person to write exam.
- Exam time table will be mentioned on it.
- Photo, birth date, registration number, etc. of candidates will be indicated on it.
- Useful instructions for participants will be listed.
Points to Remember: Necessary writing materials should be taken into the examination place. To trace out the cheating contestant’s, some Officers used to compare the admit card and id proof of candidates. So it’s better to keep one valid document proof with you, issued by government.
- Competitors should reach atleast 10 minutes after start of exam, into the hall.
- Admit Card and original photo id proof like Aadhar card/ Vote id/ Driving Licence, etc. can be fetched.
- Black ball point pen, pencil, eraser, drawing board, T-square, scale, protractor can be taken inside the exam hall.
- Non-programmable type battery operated pocket calculators is allowable.
- Usage of mobile phones inside exam hall is strictly prohibited.
- Exam participants will not get any travel fare from management.
- Writing exam with duplicate admission certificate (i.e. others) is a punishable one.
UPSC Geologist Exam 2017Details about the eligibility, selection criteria and exam pattern, etc. of UPSC Geologist recruitment 2017 are elaborated here. Eligibility Standards: Post Graduation on Geological Science/ Oceanography & Coastal Areas Studies/ Applied Geophysics/ Marine Geology/ Analytical Chemistry/ Physics/ Earth Science & Resource Management/ Petroleum Geosciences, etc. are the eligible qualifications. Minimum age limit is 21 years for everyone, but the upper age will change based on posts. Experience is not a compulsory one.
|Name of Post||Age Limit||Education||Experience|
|Geologist||21 to 32 years||Master Degree||Not compulsory|
|Junior Hydrogeologists||21 to 35 years||Master Degree|
Recruitment Procedure: Selection of candidates for above posts has two shortlisting processes, which are exam and interview. Only individuals performing well in this competitive exam will be invited for final round of selection i.e. personality test. Final merit list is also planned to be prepared on the basis of overall marks in selection rounds. Reservation rules are followed as per guidance of Indian government.
- Written Examination
- Interview/ Personality Test
Scheme of Examination: In this competitive exam questions will come from English subject and domain related i.e. Geology/ Geophysics/ Chemistry/ Hydrogeology. Cut-offs will be set later by commission on seeing the success of this exam.
- UPSC Geologist Exam is offline moded and essay type.
- Every contestant has to appear in four papers and qualify.
- Total marks for which test is designed is 700.
- Answers written other than English will not be accepted.
How to Download UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017Before three weeks of exam, the UPSC Geologist and Geo-Scientist exam admit card will be updated in Commission’s authorized webpage. Keep visiting the website regularly to know about new updates regarding this exam. No applicants will get admission certificates through postal mode. By entering vital parameters like roll number, birth date, etc. of appliers, the Admit Card can be taken as printout copy from UPSC website. For reporting technical related problems in downloading of admit card, a link is also given in website.If applied candidates didn’t get this e-admission certificate he/ she can check their candidature by immediately contacting to Commission’s Office at Facilitation Counter in person or over phone on numbers: 11-23381125/ 011-23385271/ 011-23098543. Also, incase of any errors noted in your personal details, etc. of admit card report it to the Commission as soon as possible. Steps that will be useful for downloading this admit card is,
- First open the page upsc.gov.in.
- Hit the “Admit Card” option and see for concerned admission certificate downloading link.
- If available, hit on “Click here” link under “View Online” heading.
- Under “To Download e-Admit”, press the “Click here” link.
- By entering and submitting Registration ID & Date of Birth/ candidates, fathers name & birth date, the admit card will be displayed.
- Take printout copy of admit card and instructions given in website.
- Thus UPSC Geologist Admit Card 2017 can be successfully downloaded.
Exam Venues: Exam is supposed to be conducted on following centres. Probably, on first-apply-first-allot basis centres will be fixed. On centre allotment, decision of Commission is final. Request for change of exam places will not be granted. Commission also has rights to increase/ decrease the number of centres.
|Download Admit Card||Click here|
Dates to Remember
- Notification Issued Date: 8th Feb 2017
- Notification Closed Date: 3rd Mar 2017
- Date of Release of Admit Card: Last week of April 2017
- Date of Exam: 12th May 2017
Note: Enough information about the UPSC Geologist Exam Admit Card 2017 downloading details are given here on above section. Appliers are advised to keep on touch with Commission’s website to know about more information regarding admission certificate/ exam.