UPSC CAPF 2017: As said earlier through annual planner, UPSC has finally let out the official advertisement for Central Armed Police Force Examination 2017 via online. Individuals who are passionate about civil services and eagerly waited for job notification from the commission are asked to use this chance. Degree holders who are aging between 20 and 25 years are eligible to apply for UPSC CAPF 2017 exam. This examination is conducted especially for enrolling deserving persons below Assistant Commandant designation. UPSC has planned to conduct the initial screening test in the 3rd week of June 2017. You can also refer the UPSC CAPF Syllabus and model question paper in our official site to prepare for this examination.
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Vacancy No’s||179||Last Date||05-05-2017|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
UPSC CAPF 2017
Right after completing your graduation, most of the Indian Nationals will be looking for examination notification from UPSC. This commission conducts recruitment for placing suitable staffs below various government services. In order to fill up the Assistant Commandant openings below CAPF viz. BSF, CRPF, ITBP and SSB, this examination is conducted.
For getting clear knowledge about the upcoming UPSC CAPF 2017 exam, please refer the below points.
- Both Male and Female candidates can apply for this exam.
- Physical fitness is very essential to apply for this post.
- The selection process comprises of three stages i.e. Written test, Physical test & Medical Examination followed by interview.
- The written test consists of two papers i.e. Objective & Descriptive type.
- This examination will be conducted in pen and paper mode
- Negative marks shall be awarded for wrong answers.
- Based on written test and interview marks, the selection will be done.
UPSC CAPF Vacancy Details
Designation for which the CAPF Exam 2017 is conducted: The Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) exam is conducted for filling the post of Assistant Commandants, Group A post (Gazetted Officer) in,
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
The monthly salary offered for the appointee will be according to Pay band four only.
- Pay Scale for Assistant Commandants – Rs.37400 to 67000/- pm
- Grade Pay – Rs.8700/-
This officer post is similar to Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) or Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) or Caption of Indian Army.
UPSC CAPF Eligibility Conditions 2017
Aspirants who are newly applying for the CAPF examination will not know the exact qualifications which are required to apply. With the aim of guiding those people, we are discussing about academics and age limits in the below section.
Necessary Education: A bachelor degree in any stream is eligible to apply for this job. Aspirants who are waiting for their final semester results can also apply.
- Required Qualification – Any Bachelor’s Degree
Age Constraints: Individuals who have attained the age of 20 years and not attained 25 years are suitable for this post. The cut-off date for determining the age of the applicants will be as on 1st August 2017.
- Lower Age Limit – 20 years
- Upper Age Limit – 25 years
Age Relaxation: Aspirants who are belonging to reserved category can get relaxation in upper age limit as per government norms.
- For OBC – 3 years
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen/ Domiciles of J&K – 5 years
UPSC CAPF Selection Methodology 2017
At first, the information provided in the online application form shall be validated by the selection panel by means of qualification. Satisfying candidates will be offered hall tickets to appear for written examination.
Individuals who qualify in this test are required to take part in Physical standard test / Efficiency Test & Medical test. Those who qualify the physical test shall be invited for personal interview. The final selection will be done by means of marks obtained in written and interview process.
- Written Test
- Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests & Medical Standard Test
- Interview/ Personality Test
UPSC CAPF Examination Pattern
The written examination comprises of two phases i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Both the exam will take place on the same day. We can see about this elaborately in the below section.
Paper-I: This paper will comprise of objective type question with four multiple choices. The questions shall be available in English and Hindi. Two hours time shall be given for finishing your answers.
- General Ability & Intelligence – 250 marks
Paper-II: In this paper, the question will be in descriptive pattern. This paper will be available in English only. Three hours time shall be given for finishing this exam.
- General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 marks
Physical Efficiency Test: PET comprises of three rounds i.e.100 and 800 meters racing followed by long jump and shot put. Female participants shall get extra time for performing this task.
- 100 Meters Race
- 800 Meters Race
- Long Jump
- Shot Put
Interview/ Personality Test: Candidates who seemed to be medically fit are required to appear for interview. Performance will be judged by communication skills, outlook, etc.
- Interview – 150 marks
Application Fee: Aspirants are required to pay the application fee using net banking, credit or debit card. You can also use the “Pay by Cash” mode for remitting the fee through offline mode.
- Fee General/ OBC (Male) – Rs. 200/-
- Fee for Women/ SC/ TS – No fee
- Payment Mode – Online or Offline
How to Apply Online for UPSC CAPF 2017
Candidates who find them to be eligible for UPSC CAPF 2017 Exam can apply through online. Use the UPSC online website for submitting your application. Follow these steps for making online registration.
- Visit the official portal of UPSC i.e. “www.upsconline.nic.in”.
- Hit on the “New Registration” button on the next page.
- Fill the form with basic details and give “Save & Continue”
- After successful registration, a Registration ID and Password will be generated.
- Click on the “Apply Now” link near the respective post name.
- Use your login credentials for filling the rest of the form.
- Upload the softcopies of photo, signature and necessary documents.
- After clicking on the “Submit” button, you will be moved to the payment window.
- Choose the payment option and remit the fee.
- On final submission, an application form will be displayed in printable format.
- Download and take the printout of the form.
Dates to Remember
- Date of Notification – 12th April 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – 05th May 2017
- Examination Date – May/ June 2017
- Result Date – September 2017 (tentative)
Note: We have made the announcement regarding UPSC CAPF 2017 Exam in the above section, for making it simple for referring. The details like eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc have also been explained in this page.