UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2017: On the month of April 2017, many young graduates applied for Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam 2017 by using UPSC online portal. Aspirants who waited for this exam applied in response to it. After online applications, most of you will be looking for latest UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2017 all over the internet. Keeping the difficulties of applicants in mind, we are providing you the syllabus for the nearing exam through this article. As the examination is going to take place in the month of July 2017, candidates are asked to use this leisure time to prepare for this exam. Here in this page, we have discussed about the updated CAPF syllabus and exam pattern for the convenience of readers.
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam 2017|
|Exam Category||UPSC Exam|
|Paper-I Type||Objective OMR Based|
|Exam Date||23rd July 2017|
UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2017
UPSC is a government recruitment agency which organizes competitive examination for engaging talented people below various government jobs. Similarly, this year, in order to fill up the position of Assistant Commandant Job, UPSC came out with a plan of conducting this exam.
Every year, there is a huge competition for this examination. According to last year statistics, more than 100000 candidates took part in this examination which was conducted in various exam centers. To boost up your confidence level, we have offered the UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2017 in our site.
Some of the details regarding upcoming exam have be given in the below lists.
- There are three stages in selection i.e. Written, Physical Test & Interview.
- Initially, a screening test will be conducted to eliminate huge number of applicants.
- Qualifying candidates have to appear for physical standard test.
- Final selection will be done by means of performance in interview.
The eligibility criteria required to apply for this exam have been given in the below section.
- Required Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree
- Age Limit – 20 to 25 years
- Selection Procedures – Written test, Physical test & Interview
Important Topics for UPSC CAPF Syllabus: The CAPF exam comprises of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Both the papers will be conducted on the same day itself i.e. morning and afternoon sections. Paper-I is objective type and Paper-II is descriptive type. OMR sheets or plain papers shall be provided for marking or writing your answers.
We have listed the important subjects from which the questions will be asked for the upcoming examination.
- General Ability and Intelligence
- General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
UPSC CAPF Question Paper Pattern 2017
Candidates who have applied for the UPSC CAPF exam have to appear for two papers. 1st paper will contain one mark question and the other paper will have essay type questions. Both the exam would be conducted on the same day in different sections. There shall be negative marking for each and every wrong answer. The exam pattern for written test has been listed out in the below section.
- Paper-I exam contains Objective Type Questions with four multiple choices.
- OMR sheets will be given for marking your answers.
- There will 250 one mark
- Two hours time will be given for finishing your exam.
- Question will be set in English and Hindi
- It will comprise of descriptive type
- Test will be conducted in pen and paper
- This exam will be conducted for a total of 200 marks.
- Three hours time would be given for completing your exam.
- Question paper will be available only in
For making it more clear we have drafted the question paper pattern for CAPF exam in the below table.
|Subject Name||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|General Ability & Intelligence||250 marks||2 hours|
|Essay Writing||80 marks||3 hours|
|Comprehension & Précis Writing||120 marks|
Subject Wise Syllabus of UPSC CAPF: Candidates who are going to appear for UPSC CAPF exam have two months to prepare. You can note the below mentioned topics in a paper and refer it while getting ready for the exam.
Syllabus for Paper – I: General Ability & Intelligence:
- i) General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Data Interpretation
- ii) General Science
- General Awareness
- Scientific temper
- Information Technology
- Environmental Science
iii) Current Events of National & International Importance
- Current Events – National & International
- Arts & Music
- Industry & Business
- Societal and developmental issues
- iv) Indian Polity & Economy
- Country’s political System
- Social System
- Economic Development
- Constitution of India
- International Security Issues
- Human Rights
- v) History of India
- Growth of Nationalism
- Freedom Movement
- Social, Economics & Political Aspects
- vi) Indian & World Geography
- Physical, Social and Economic aspects of geography
Syllabus for Paper-II: General Studies & Comprehension:
- Essay (Hindi/ English)
- Précis Writing
- Developing Counter Arguments
- Simple Grammar
|Download Syllabus here||Click here|
UPSC CAPF Exam 2017
The CAPF Exam is conducted mainly for appointing dynamic and deserving officials below Assistant Commandant Post in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
This exam is going to take place on 23rd July 2017 on morning and afternoon session. The information regarding the UPSC examination has been mentioned in the below section.
- Post Name – Assistant Commandant
- No of Posts – 179
- Date of Advertisement – 12th April 2017
- Exam Date – 23rd July 2017
Note: The important topics and exam pattern for the upcoming UPSC CAPF exam has been explained in the above section. You can also go through the official notification for grabbing more details.