UPSC CAPF Result 2017: Two month back, a huge number of candidates appeared for Central Armed Police Force Examination (CAPF) 2017 which was conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Now the UPSC CAPF Result 2017 has come for the Paper-I and Paper-II examination. Participants who were longing for the results can view your status by visiting the official portal of UPSC. Comparing to the last year, many candidates have secured higher marks than the fixed cut-off marks. Candidates who are shortlisted through the written examination will be shortly invited for further selection process. This article will offer you the complete details about the updated results and steps involved in checking it.
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Central Armed Police Force Examination (CAPF) 2017|
|Exam Date||23rd July 2017|
|Result Date||September 2017|
UPSC CAPF Result 2017
The responsibility of the UPSC is to organise competitive examination for filling the openings which are available below various government services. This year the commission conducted a written examination on 23rd July 2017 for appointing Assistant Commandants in the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) such as Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Finally, the UPSC CAPF Result 2017 for the written test has been released today by the commission over its official site. We have discussed some of the details regarding the CAPF exam and results in the below list.
- This exam was held in various exam centers in morning and afternoon sessions.
- More than 100000 candidates took part in this exam.
- The exam was conducted in pen and paper
- You can check your results by using Roll number.
- Shortlisted candidates can take part in further selection rounds.
- Aspirants who couldn’t clear this exam can apply for other upcoming exams in UPSC.
- People who complete all the screening process can get a chance to serve permanently in any one of the above said armed forces.
UPSC CAPF Exam Notification: The official site of Commission released the CAPF exam Notification on 12th April 2017. This examination was conducted in two ways i.e. through OMR method and pen and paper mode. Many young graduates took part in this examination. The information about UPSC CAPF exam has been list in the below section.
- Job Name – Assistant Commandant
- No of Posts –
- Education – Any Bachelor’s Degree
- Application Type – Online
- Exam Mode – Offline
Question Pattern which was followed in CAPF Exam: The examination was conducted in two phases i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Both the examination was conducted on the same day in different sessions.
The first paper is an objective type one and 2nd paper had essay type questions. There were 250 questions in 1st paper and each question carried one mark. The question paper was available in English as well as in Hindi language.
For your clear understanding, we have explained the CAPF exam pattern in the below table.
|Subject Name||No of Questions||Mark Allotments||Duration|
|General Ability & Intelligence||250||250 marks||2 hours|
|Essay||–||80 marks||3 hours|
|Comprehension & Précis Writing||120 marks|
UPSC CAPF Recruitment Procedures 2017
Initially, the application submitted through the online shall be scrutinised by the screening committee and only the satisfying candidates will be offered hall tickets to appear for written examination.
Aspirants, who clear this exam are required to take part in the Physical and medical test. Individuals who find to be physically fit shall be invited for viva voce test. Here the communication skills, outlook, work knowledge, etc will be judged. However, the selection would be subject to written and interview only.
- Written Test
- Physical Standards/ Physical Efficiency Tests & Medical Standard Test
- Interview/ Personality Test
Previous Year Cut-off Marks: Last year, the cut-off marks for general category was around 188 marks. So we can conclude that, this time the cut-off marks can be more than 200 marks. In the below section, we have provided previous year cut-off marks for paper-I and paper-II.
Cut-off Marks for Paper-I (out of 250):
Cut-off Marks for Paper-I & Paper-II (Out of 450):
How to View UPSC CAPF Result 2017
Aspirants who were eagerly waiting for the UPSC CAPF Result 2017 can check it from now onwards. The link for viewing your result status will be scrolling on the left side of the official site. All you need is to know your roll number which you used during the examination.
Even if you don’t remember it, you a simply grab it from the softcopy of your admit card or from your email. Candidates whose roll number is in the result list will be invited for physical standard test. Now the steps for checking your UPSC CAPF result have been mentioned in the below list.
- Go to the official site of UPSC “www.upsc.gov.in”.
- Click on the “Written Results: Central Armed Police Force-2017” link scrolling below “What’s New”
- A PDF file will appear on the next page.
- Check whether your Roll number is available on that list.
- If yes, then you are selected for the next round.
- You can also download that file for checking later.
- Roll Number
|Check UPSC CAPF Result||Click here|
Dates to Remember
- Date of Notification – 12th April 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – 5th May 2017
- Examination Date – 23rd July 2017
- Result Date – September 2017
Note: The information regarding the release of UPSC CAPF Result has been explained elaborately in the above section. If you find any difficulty in checking the results, please refer the above steps