PG TRB Syllabus 2017: On educational institutions/ Schools beneath Teacher’s Recruitment Board (TRB) – Tamil Nadu, there exists vast number of vacancies for PG Assistants. To fill these 2016 to 2017th year’s vacancies under 14 varied disciplines, board has announced about the recruitment based exam. Candidates whoever possessing post graduation on arts/ commerce/ science/ physical education fields are only recommended to apply for this examination. To get into these aspiring positions, participants of test have to score good percentage of marks in leading rank. If contestants know about the type/ category of questions that will come in test, definitely he/ she can secure high cut-off. For helping such eager persons, we are providing the PG TRB Syllabus 2017 here in below section with various sub-topics.
|PG TRB Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Authority||Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB)|
|Exam Name||TRB PG Assistant Exam 2017|
|Exam Category||Teachers Eligibility Test|
|Exam Type||OMR and Objective type|
|Exam Date||April 2017 (tentative)|
TRB Syllabus 2017
Every year, Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) in Chennai conducts recruitments for hiring faculties under teaching/ assistant/ instructor posts in institutions of the state. Now due to staff requirements arised in Higher Secondary Schools, this PG Assistant exam has been planned. In this direct recruitment appliers who are provisionally called by board can only participate (i.e. eligible persons).
To succeed in first selection round, contestants should know about PG TRB Syllabus 2017, which covers general awareness, education and domain related questions (which he/ she is qualified/ applied). Then based on written test marks & communal reservation, succeeding candidate’s roll numbers shall be shortlisted and updated in the official website of board, by inviting them for certificate verification.
For preparing final merit-cum-communal selection list, experience, period of wait after registration in professional & executive employment office and written exam marks shall be taken into account. Appointment order will be sent to candidates who are selected for these posts, by concerned department which he/ she is deputed.
- Qualification: M.A/ M.Sc/ M.P.Ed/ M.Com
- Age Limit: 57 years
- Experience: 0 to 5 years
- Selection Process: Written Exam, Document Verification
Subjects of TRB PG Assistant Syllabus: Multiple choice one word type questions are supposed to be asked in TRB PG Assistant exam. This is a single tier exam, so candidates qualifying in this test shall only be considered for further selection rounds. Purely this is an Offline mode of examination. The topics under which questions would be drafted are,
- Main Subject (which candidate is applying for)
- General Knowledge
- Educational Methodology
PG TRB Exam Pattern 2017
The PG TRB Exam 2017 is a single paper exam. On issued OMR sheets participants have to mark/ shade the responses. In the form of choose the correct answer, about 150 questions shall be asked. Except language part, questions will be set in English format only. From main subjects about 110 mark questions shall be included, 10 marks in case of general knowledge and 30 for the educational methodology section.
- PG TRB Exam 2017 is objective and OMR based.
- Total number of questions asked is 150.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Time span given for this exam is 3 hours.
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Educational Methodology||30||150||3 hours|
|Main Subject – Tamil/ English/ Physics/ Maths/ Chemistry/ Commerce/ Botany/ Zoology/ History/ Economics/ Physical Education||110|
Subject Wise Syllabus of TRB PG Assistant Posts
Exam will be conducted mostly in one day at 29 districts of Tamil Nadu. For participating in this exam, eligible appliers shall be issued with the admission certificates. Candidates will definitely score good cut-off marks, if he/ she prepare for the examination as per PG TRB Syllabus 2017 given below.
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- History of India & Tamil Nadu
- Indian Constitution
- Sports & Games
- Every Day Science
- Current Affairs
Syllabus for Educational Methodology:
- Pre-primary Education
- Non-formal and Adult Education
- Role of Educational Institutions
- Special problems of rural and tribal people
- Eradication of poverty through Education
- National Integration
- Nutrition and health
- Environmental Education
- Channel of International communication
- Implications for the teacher
- Role of rewards and punishments
- National Educational Policy (1986), etc.
PG TRB English Syllabus:
- Modern Literature (1400 to present day) – Prose, Drama, Poetry
- American Literature
- Indian Writing in English
- Approaches to Literature
- History of English Language
- Principles of Literary Criticism
PG TRB Maths Syllabus:
- Real Analysis
- Fourier series and Fourier Integrals
- Differential Geometry & Equations
- Operations Research
- Functional & Complex Analysis
- Statistics – I, II
PG TRB Syllabus of Physics:
- Vector Fields
- Probability and Theory of errors
- Classical mechanics
- Statistical Mechanics
- Electromagnetic theory
- Solid State Physics
- Quantum mechanics
- Nuclear Physics
- Electronics (Digital)
PG TRB Chemistry Syllabus:
- Periodic properties
- VB theory, MO theory and its applications
- Non aqueous solvents
- Solid state & Co-ordination chemistry, properties
- Optical activity and concept of chirality
- Confermational analysis
- Organic reaction mechanisms
- Old quantum theory
- Application of schrodinger equation, radioactivity
- Thermodynamic equations of state
- Orgnometallic compounds
- Theory and applications of spectroscopic methods, reaction rates, etc.
PG TRB Botany Syllabus:
- Viruses, Bacteria, Thallaophytes and Lichens
- Plant Pathology and Microbiology
- Bryophytes, Pteridophytes and Gymnosperms
- Morphology, Taxonomy and Economic Botany
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Anatomy and Embryology
- Plant Physiology and Bio-Chemistry
- Plant Breeding and Bio-Technology
- Ecology and Phyto-geography
- Palaeo Botany and General Principles
PG TRB Syllabus for Zoology:
- Classification Binomial Nomenclature
- Biological Chemistry
- Role of minor and major elements in metabolism enzymes
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics-Gene Interactions
- Physiology, Nutrition
- Antigees and Antibodies
- Man and Biosphere
PG TRB Syllabus for History:
- Harappan civilization
- Jainism and Buddhism
- Arab conquest of sindh and muslim invasions slave dynasty
- Foundation of British rule in India
- Great Mutiny 1857
- Integration of Indian States
- Industrial, Agrarian, French, Russian revolutions
- First and Second World War, Cold War, etc.
PG TRB Economics Syllabus:
- Micro Economics, Theories
- Macro Economics, Theories
- Monetary Economics, Theories
- Central Bank and its functions
- Factor Prices & Factor Market
- International, Fiscal and Indian Economics etc.
PG TRB Syllabus of Commerce:
- Marketing & Advertising
- Accounting for management and its functions, benefits
- Capital Expenditure decisions
- Costing Methods/ Techniques
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Role of banks in EDP-TRYSEM
- Statistics Importance
- Banking & Finance
- Company Law & Auditing
- Income Tax Authorities, Powers, etc.
PG TRB Physical Education Syllabus:
- Definitions of basic/ applied/ action research and its needs
- Classification of Research data and its collections
- Tools & Techniques of Research
- Types of statistical process
- Philosophy in Evaluation in Physical Education
- Teaching, Training and Coaching definitions in PE
- Concept of Health
- Components of physical fitness
- Places of test in training
- Rule of sports and games
- Sports authority of Tamil Nadu, etc.
PG TRB Syllabus for Tamil:
- Prose, etc.
|Download Syllabus||Click here|
TRB PG Assistant Exam 2017
The selection is planned to be done for Post Graduate Assistants/ Physical Education Director posts coming under Pay Band-2 salary scale. Recruited individuals are going to do Tamil Nadu Higher Secondary Educational Service in government aided/ un-aided institutes running beneath Teachers Recruitment Board. The post is coming under Grade-I classification and the total number of observed vacancies at the time of release of notice is 3300 (Approx.).
- Designation: Post Graduate Assistants/ Physical Education Director
- Total Vacancies: 3300 (Approx.)
- Date of Notification: February 2017
- Date of Exam: April 2017 (Tentative)
Note: The PG TRB Syllabus 2017 and exam pattern are discussed here on above paragraphs. To know more information, frequently visit the official website of TRB.