TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) has scheduled one Combined Civil Services (CCS) examination to occupy the Group 1 vacant positions that are existing in Police, Commercial Taxes, Registration services, General services, Fire & Rescue Service and Civil service departments of state government. The graduates/ post graduates in Criminology & Forensic Science, Commerce & Law, Social Science or related subjects who are having proficiency in Tamil language are deemed as eligible to apply for this examination, by Commission. From statewide, numerous male, female and disabled persons had submitted their applications withan intention of participating and winning in this exam, to acquire government jobs. For helping those eager aspirants in sharpening their knowledge before test we have presented the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 details in this article.
|TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Civil Services (CCS) – Group 1 Examination 2017|
|Exam Category||TNPSC Exam|
|Exam Type||Objective and Descriptive type|
|Exam Date||Feb 2018|
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017
TNPSC is a state government agency that is responsible for conducting employee recruitment whenever needed. As said above, very soon one Group 1 civil services examination is going to be conducted by this Commission. Individuals satisfying the minimum eligibilities like degree/ diploma/ PG qualification and minimum & maximum age limits of 21 to 30 years shall only be issued with admit cards to appear in this statewide test.
The Group 1 examination is splitted into two tiers i.e. Preliminary and Mains exam. As a screening test, first Preliminary Group 1 examination is planned to be conducted in Feb 2018. The minimum marks that should be secured by participants in prelims test is,
- SC/ ST/ MBCs/ DC/ BC/ BCM categories: 90 marks
- Other categories: 120 marks
Qualified aspirants will be issued with admit cards again to participate in the main examination, in the ratio of 1: 50. The minimum cut-off set for main examination is,
- SC/ ST/ MBCs/ DC/ BC/ BCM categories: 306 marks
- Other categories: 408 marks
To make the contestants to meet these minimum cut-off criterias set by Commission, we have provided the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus on below sections.
Again qualified candidates in main test will be shortlisted and called for interview. 120 is the maximum mark for which this oral test will be conducted. Finally by counting the main exam and interview marks of contestants, Commission will rank the aspirants on reservation criteria basis. Then appointment orders will be issued on merit basis.
- Qualification: Degree/ Diploma/ PG Diploma
- Age Limit: 21 to 30 years
- Experience: to join on TN General Service
- Selection Methods: Preliminary Exam, Written Exam, Oral Test
Group 1 Examination Major Topics: Both Prelims and Main exams are OMR based i.e. test will be conducted in offline mode only. In prelims exam candidates will be able to see only objective type questions and in mains exam aspirants would have to answer in essay format. Questions shall be drafted from following sections only.
- General Studies
- Aptitude & Mental Ability
Exam Pattern for TNPSC Group 1
In first test (prelims) full of multiple choice objective type questions shall be asked with 150 questions from General Studies and 50 questions from Aptitude & Mental Ability topics. But on second test (mains) full of descriptive type questions would be asked from General Studies section only.
- Group 1 services exam has objective and descriptive type
- Total time given for each paper is 3 hours.
- From each paper for 300 marks questions would be asked.
- No penalties are applicable for this prelims/ mains examination.
|Preliminary Examination (objective)|
|General Studies||3 hours||300|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability|
|Total||3 hours||300 marks|
|Main Examination (descriptive)|
||3 hours (each paper)||300 (each paper)|
|Total||9 hours||900 marks|
Subject Wise TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus: Commission has released the Group 1 examination syllabus by indicating that the General Studies questions would be in degree standard and the Aptitude & Mental Ability questions would be in SSLC standard. Here we have entirely listed the TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 contents, from which questions will come for prelims/ mains exam. Aspirants those who are possessing deeper knowledge in these sub-topics can definitely achieve topper ranks in this test.
TNPSC Group 1 Prelimns Syllabus
- General Science
- Current Events
- History and culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
Aptitude & Mental Ability:
- Conversion of information to data
- Collection, compilation and presentation of data
- Tables, graphs, diagrams
- Parametric representation of data
- Analytical interpretation of data
- HCF & LCM
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest‐Compound interest
- Area, Volume
- Time & Work
- Behavioral ability
- Basic terms
- Communications in information technology
- Decision making and problem solving
- Puzzles, Dice
- Visual, Alpha Numeric Reasoning
- Number Series
- Logical Number/Alphabetical/Diagrammatic Sequences
TNPSC Group 1 Main Exam Syllabus:
Paper-I General Studies
- Modern history of India and Indian culture
- General Aptitude & Mental Ability
- Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India & Tamil Nadu
Paper-II General Studies
- Indian polity and emerging political trends across world affecting India
- Geography of India
- Tamil language, Tamil society – it’s culture and Heritage/ English Language
- Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
Paper-III General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance
- Current Economic Trends: Indian economy and Impact of global economy on India
- Socio ‐ Economic Issues in India/ Tamil Nadu
|Official Syllabus Download||Click here|
TNPSC Group 1 Exam
Provisionally selected candidates (after exams and interview) will be asked to submit the physical fitness certificate from concerned authorities before appointment. Those who are producing this proof will be further appointed permanently in respective public service posts like Deputy Collector, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Assistant Commissioner, District Registrar, District Employment Officer and District Fire & Rescue Officer. Approximately 80 top rankers in Group 1 examination are going to be placed.
- Designations: Deputy Collector, DSP, AC, District Registrar, District Employment Officer, District Officer
- Vacancies: 80 (approx)
- Date of notice: Nov 2017
- Group I prelims exam date: Feb 2018
Note: On above section, we have given TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2017 and its examination scheme according to the details that are published by Commission. Candidates can visit the Commission’s website or refer official notice to know more about this exam.