TNPSC AAO Syllabus 2017: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is an authorised body which is meant for conducting competitive exams every year for selecting deserving candidates for various government services. Likewise, this year to fill up the openings which are available below Assistant Agricultural Officer post, TNPSC released a vacancy notification on the month of March 2017. Aspirants who have done Diploma in Agriculture applied in response to this advertisement. As the Exam is scheduled on 2nd July 2017, by now many candidates will have no idea about the TNPSC AAO Syllabus 2017. With the aim of helping those people, we are providing the latest Syllabus and Exam Pattern in our website.
|TNPSC AAO Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Authority||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)|
|Exam Name||TNPSC Agriculture Officer Exam 2017|
|Exam category||TNPSC Exam|
|Exam Type||OMR Based|
|Exam Date||2nd July 2017|
TNPSC AAO Syllabus 2017
Most of the candidates in Tamil Nadu have a craze for government jobs. Whenever there is a job notification from TNPSC, huge number of aspirants applies for it. This time also, so many aspirants applied for Agriculture officer posts via online. Thousands of candidates appeared for this exam last time. So we can expect a tough competition this time also.
In order to increase the confidence level of the candidates, we have given the TNPSC AAO Syllabus 2017 in the below section. For Agriculture Officer Exam, the questions will be asked from agriculture and Higher Secondary level. This exam will be conducted in two papers.
Aspirants who are qualifying in this exam will be called for Interview. The final selection will be based upon the marks obtained in written exam and interview. A rank list will be prepared in descending order for appointment.
The eligibility conditions which are required to apply for Agriculture Officer Exam have been listed out below.
- Qualification – 12th with Diploma
- Age Limit – 18 to 30 years
- Selection Procedures – Written Test and Oral test
- Requirements – Fluency in Tamil
Subjects for TNPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus: There are totally two papers in TNPSC Agriculture Officer Exam i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Both the papers will be conducted through offline mode. These papers will comprise of objective type questions and each question will contain four alternative answers. Those who qualify in this exam can appear for the interview process.
Here in this section, we have listed out the important subjects from which the questions will be asked for the exam.
- Agriculture (Diploma Standard)
- General Studies (HSC Standard)
TNPSC Agriculture Officer Question Pattern 2017
The question paper will be available in English as well as in Tamil. This examination would be conducted through pen and paper mode i.e. the participants will be given an answer sheet for marking their answers.
If you have enough time, then you can answer all the questions because there is no negative mark for wrong answers. This exam will be conducted in two stages i.e. paper-I and paper-II. The first one is to test their agricultural knowledge and the second paper will contain questions in HSC standards.
The TNPSC Agriculture Officer Question Pattern 2017 has been explained clearing in the below points.
- This is an objective type test which contains four multiple choices.
- You will be given OMR Sheets for marking your answers.
- Three hours time will be given for completing paper-I and two hours for Paper-II.
- There will be no negative marks for wrong answers.
- Paper-I contains 300 questions and each question carries 5 marks.
- In case of Paper-II, there will be 100 questions for total of 200 marks.
For your understanding, we have provided the exam pattern in the below table.
|Sl.No||Subject||No of Questions||Mark Allotted||Duration|
|1||Paper-I (Agriculture)||200||300 marks||3 hours|
|2||Paper-II (General Studies)||100||200 marks||2 hours|
|II||Interview & Record||70 marks|
|Grand Total||570 marks|
Subject Wise Syllabus of TNPSC Agriculture Officer
Candidates who have planned to prepare for the TNPSC Agricultural Officer exam can note down the important points which are given in the below section. If you are thorough in these portions, you can easily crack in this exam.
Syllabus for Agriculture (Diploma Standard)
- Agronomic principles, practices and meteorology
- Dry Farming and Agro-Forestry
- Soils and Fertility Management
- Horticultural Crop Cultivation Techniques
- Breeding and Seed Production
- Plant Protection Principles and Practices
- Livestock, Poultry Management, Artificial Insemination and Calf Rearing
- Farm Machinery and Post Harvest Technology
- Energy and Environment
- Commercial Agriculture
- Agricultural Extension and Agricultural Economics
- Computer Application
Syllabus for General Studies (HSC Standards)
1) General Science
2) Current Affairs
- Eminent person & places in news
- Sports & Games
- Books & Authors
- Political Science
- Geographical Landmarks
- Latest Inventions
3) Geography Earth and Universe Solar System
4) History and Culture of India
5) Indian Polity
6) Indian Economy
- Five year plan
- Industrial growth, etc
7) Indian National Movement
- National Renaissance
- Emergence of National Leaders
8) Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
- Data Collection
- Tables & Graphs
- Data Interpretation
- HCF & LCM
- Compound Interest
- Time and Work
- Logical Reasoning, etc
|Official Notification||Click here|
TNPSC Agriculture Officer Exam 2017
This exam is conducted especially for engaging suitable aspirants below Assistant Agricultural Officer designation. A total of 333 openings (which includes 7 carried forward vacancies) are available below this post. This exam will be conducted in two papers on the same day. Candidates who score the minimum cut-off marks are required to appear for the interview.
Some of the details about the upcoming examination have been listed out below.
- Designation Name – Assistant Agricultural Officer
- No of Posts – 333
- Date of Notification – 8th March 2017
- Date of Written Exam – 2nd July 2017
Note: With the intention of assisting the participants, we have offered the TNPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus and Exam Pattern in the above section.