SSC Stenographer 2018: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruiting agency that was established by Government of India. This Commission has announced one good news for candidates who are serving as Stenographers in government departments of the country. Yes, SSC is going to conduct one promotion based competitive Departmental Exam for Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Stenographer posts. Most probably the test will be conducted on October 2018. So to put this information into the years of in-service candidates of concerned departments we have presented this article. Elaborated details about SSC Stenographer 2018 are given down.
|SSC Stenographer Exam Notification 2018|
|Commission||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Stenographers Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2018|
|Education||12th/ Stenography skill|
|Last Date||Update Soon…|
SSC Stenographer 2018
Male/ Female candidates those who have good shorthand knowledge in English/ Hindi can submit their applications to participate on this SSC Stenographer 2018. Disabled persons can also make an attempt.
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service
- Stenographers Cadre of Indian Foreign Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service
- Election Commission of India Stenographers Service
- Central Vigilance Commission Stenographers service
Aspirants serving in ex-cadre deputation post can also apply for this exam by receiving proper permission from competent authority. Places where SSC had planned to conduct this exam are Delhi, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Chandigarh, Bangalore and Raipur. After appearing in test, candidates who resign from concerned post will not be considered for appointment.
Salary Offered: Candidates passing in this exam will be placed as a Grade ‘C’ Stenographer in concerned service, which he/ she is working at present only. This appointment is purely on permanent basis. Depending upon cadre, admissible salary and other allowances would be given to appointees as per government order.
- As per Government rules
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Steno 2018
Qualification: In-service candidates who are desiring to apply for this Grade ‘C’ Stenographer exam must have passed the Grade ‘D/ III’ Stenography test before release of notice of this exam. Also they should have studied Higher Secondary or Degree from recognized institution.
- 12th pass
- Passed Grade ‘D’/ Grade-III Stenography test
Age Limit: There is also upper age limit to participate in this SSC Stenographer exam 2018. So before applying, candidates should calculate and see their age as per the cut-off dates indicated by Commission in official notice (depending upon service).
- 18 to 27 years
Age Relaxations: Aspirants can also appeal for age concessions if they belong to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe category. Also age relaxations have been planned to be given for disabled defence service personnel, as per government order. Aspirants who are producing valid document proofs shall only be given this relaxation.
- SC/ STs: 5 years
- Disabled Defence Service Personnel: 3 years
Experiences: Applying persons might have worked atleast for following years in relevant cadre, as Grade ‘D/ III” Stenographer. There are also cut-off dates for calculating these service periods. Aspirants can refer the notice to know about it.
- Central Secretariat Service – 6 years
- Central Vigilance Commission – 5 years
- Other Cadres – 3 years
Selection Process for SSC Steno Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Recruitment
Applying persons would be asked to attend a written examination for 200 marks, in online mode. The subjects from which questions will be drafted for this test are listed down. Only 2 hours time will be given to general candidates, but for visually handicapped persons Commission will give an extra time of 40 minutes. No descriptive questions will be asked in test.
- General Awareness – 100 marks
- English Language – 100 marks
Aspirants who are performing well in written test shall be further called for a Shorthand test in Hindi/ English, for 200 marks. This exam will be conducted on Computer only. Sometimes this test would also be conducted on the day of written examination.
Contestants who are scoring more than 100 marks in both the test may be declared as pass. But the top mark scorers shall only be given preference. Cadre wise final select list will be prepared by Commission at last on category-wise reservation basis, for doing appointments.
- Computer Based Exam
- Stenography Test
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer 2018
Only eligible candidates can submit their application for Stenographer Grade C and D Recruitment 2018 through SSC Online website www.ssconline.nic.in. Steps to submit application are given below,
- Visit www.ssconline.nic.in website
- Hit “Click here to Apply” link
- Read the notification carefully
- Click “New Registration” tab and fill the registration form
- On submitting registration form, a page with Registration ID and password will appear
- Upload scanned copies of photo and signature on required specifications
- Registration completes only after uploading photo and signature of candidate
- Proceed to fill the application by logging in using registration number & password
- After filling all mandatory fields in application, recheck it
- Do changes if required and click “Submit” button
- Download the challan form to make payment in bank
- After payment, check your application status
- Also, don’t forget to take printout of application form for future records
Dates to Remember
- Last date for receipt of online application – Update Soon…
- Date of competitive exam – Update soon..
Note: Details about one of the upcoming exam for Stenographer posts and the eligibilities, application submitting process are elaborated down. To know more about this SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam, refer the official notification.