SSC Stenographer 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruiting agency that was established by Government of India. This Commission has announced one good news for candidates who are serving as Stenographers in government departments of the country. Yes, SSC is going to conduct one promotion based competitive Departmental Exam for Grade ‘C’ Stenographer posts. Most probably the test will be conducted on July 2017. So to put this information into the years of in-service candidates of concerned departments we have presented this article. Elaborated details about SSC Stenographer 2017 are given down.
|SSC Stenographer Exam Notification 2017|
|Commission||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Grade ‘C’ Stenographers Limited Departmental Competitive Exam 2017|
|Education||12th/ Degree with Grade ‘D/ III’ Stenography skill|
SSC Stenographer Exam 2017
Only candidates who are currently working as a permanent employee in Grade ‘D’ or Grade-III Stenographer posts in following services are asked to write this SSC Stenographer Exam 2017. Disabled persons can also make an attempt.
- Central Secretariat Stenographers Service
- Stenographers Cadre of Indian Foreign Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers Service
- Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers Service
- Election Commission of India Stenographers Service
- Central Vigilance Commission Stenographers service
Aspirants serving in ex-cadre deputation post can also apply for this exam by receiving proper permission from competent authority. Places where SSC had planned to conduct this exam are Delhi, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai, Chandigarh, Bangalore and Raipur. After appearing in test, candidates who resign from concerned post will not be considered for appointment.
SSC Stenographer Designation and Salary
Candidates passing in this exam will be placed as a Grade ‘C’ Stenographer in concerned service, which he/ she is working at present only. This appointment is purely on permanent basis. Depending upon cadre, admissible salary and other allowances would be given to appointees as per government order.
- As per Government rules
- Qualification: In-service candidates who are desiring to apply for this Grade ‘C’ Stenographer exam must have passed the Grade ‘D/ III’ Stenography test before release of notice of this exam. Also they should have studied Higher Secondary or Degree from recognized institution.
- 12th pass/ Degree/ Equivalent
- Passed Grade ‘D’/ Grade-III Stenography test
- Age Limit: There is also upper age limit to participate in this SSC Stenographer exam 2017. So before applying, candidates should calculate and see their age as per the cut-off dates indicated by Commission in official notice (depending upon service).
- Should not exceed 50 years
- Age Relaxations: Aspirants can also appeal for age concessions if they belong to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe category. Also age relaxations have been planned to be given for disabled defence service personnel, as per government order. Aspirants who are producing valid document proofs shall only be given this relaxation.
- SC/ STs: 5 years
- Disabled Defence Service Personnel: 3 years
- Experiences: Applying persons might have worked atleast for following years in relevant cadre, as Grade ‘D/ III” Stenographer. There are also cut-off dates for calculating these service periods. Aspirants can refer the notice to know about it.
- Central Secretariat Service – 6 years
- Central Vigilance Commission – 5 years
- Other Cadres – 3 years
Applying persons would be asked to attend a written examination for 200 marks, in online mode. The subjects from which questions will be drafted for this test are listed down. Only 2 hours time will be given to general candidates, but for visually handicapped persons Commission will give an extra time of 40 minutes. No descriptive questions will be asked in test.
- General Awareness – 100 marks
- English Language – 100 marks
Aspirants who are performing well in written test shall be further called for a Shorthand test in Hindi/ English, for 200 marks. This exam will be conducted on Computer only. Sometimes this test would also be conducted on the day of written examination.
Contestants who are scoring more than 100 marks in both the test may be declared as pass. But the top mark scorers shall only be given preference. Cadre wise final select list will be prepared by Commission atlast on category-wise reservation basis, for doing appointments.
- Computer Based Exam
- Stenography Test
How to Apply for SSC Stenographer 2017
The application format is given in official web portal of Staff Selection Commission. Willing candidates can download and fill it in their own handwriting. Then forward it through proper channel to “Regional Director (NR), Staff Selection Commission, Block No.12, C.G.O. Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 504” before last date.
Some of the document copies that should be sent along with this completed application are listed down. All these documents should be get attested from Head of department or Office which he/ she works. Also candidates should superscribe on top of envelope as “Grade C Stenographers Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2017”.
- First page of Service Book
- Service Particulars with Pay Scale details
- 3 copies of passport size photograph
- Caste/ Category certificates, etc.
Dates to Remember
- Notification Released on – 17-06-2017
- Last date for receipt of online application – 15-07-2017
- Date of competitive exam – 16-09-2017 to 26-10-2017
Note: Details about one of the upcoming exam for Stenographer posts and the eligibilities, application submitting process are elaborated down. To know more about this SSC Stenographer 2017 Exam, refer the official notification.