SSC Stenographer Online Application 2018: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an agency that recruits staffs for filling various vacant posts in ministries, departments as well as subordinate offices of Indian Government. Direct recruitments or competitive exams or departmental exams will be conducted by Commission for this purpose. Few days ago, by inviting online applications from interested aspirants, SSC has disseminated a notice for Steno posts. Yes, this is absolutely the open competitive Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ exam which will be conducted once in a year by Commission.
Candidates having desire to work as a Stenographer in government departments can write this exam. Hearing impaired persons should not apply for this recruitment. Others who are possessing stenography skills can make an attempt. Only exams will be conducted for hiring candidates. There will be no interview. So this is a great opportunity for job seekers who had finished their Schooling.
The link for online application submission is active now. Approximately for one month Commission will accept applications from willing aspirants, for this exam. Lot of questions will arise in minds of candidates while submitting application. For guiding those aspirants, here in this article we have provided detailed information about how to submit SSC Stenographer Online Application 2018. Interested aspirants can make use of it to submit their applications.
SSC Stenographer Exam Date for (Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’)
|Notification Released on||June 2018|
|Online applications can be submitted from||June 2018|
|Last date for filling of online application||July 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||July 2018|
|Payment through SBI Challan can be done upto||July 2018|
|Admit Card will be issued||2 weeks before examination|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||September 2018|
|Date of Skill Test (Stenography)||Will be announced soon…|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC Stenographer Online Application 2018
The minimum eligibility conditions that should be satisfied by any aspirants who are desiring to apply for SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ recruitment are tabulated below.
|2||Reservation||For SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-SM/ PWDs|
|4||Education||Passed 12th/ Equivalent|
|7||Stenography skill||Stenographer Grade ‘C’
Stenographer Grade ‘D’
How to Apply Online SSC Stenographer for Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Exam 2018?
- Pre-Requisites/ Notable Things
Before sitting to apply for SSC Steno Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ Exam 2018, aspirants must hold the following particulars with them for easier application submission.
- Active Mobile Number and Email id.
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature of candidate.
- Necessary original documents for reference.
- Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking for fee payment.
Photograph: A recently taken passport size photograph should be uploaded at the time of filling online application. The format is listed below.
- A colour photo with preferably white background.
- Photo should be of JPG format.
- Size of file should be between 4 KB to 20 KB.
- If glasses are weared while taking photo, ensure your eyes are clearly visible.
Keep atleast 10 copies of same photograph with you. Sometimes Commission may ask it in further selection rounds.
Signature: Candidate’s signature should also be uploaded at the time of online registration, in following format.
- Signature should be in JPG format.
- File size can be in the range of 1 to 12 KB.
Post Preference: On column number 15 of application, indicate the order of preference for the posts which candidates would like to enter (Stenographer ‘C/ D’).
Medium of Stenography Test: In application form, on column number 18 aspirants can indicate the medium of stenography test which they would like to compete.
- English/ Hindi
The medium of stenography test will be taken as English, if aspirants failed to mention those details in application.
Selecting Exam Centres: Aspirants on their own interest can select centers for examination, while filling online application. Commission will fix exam centres as asked by appliers, based on administrative convenience.
- Procedure to Apply
Steps to Apply: SSC Steno Online Application can be submitted through online mode correctly as per guidelines given below, upto 5.00 PM of last date.
- Open the website ssconline.nic.in.
- Click the “Applying link of Recruitment for Stenographers (Grade ‘C & D’) Examination 2018”.
- Candidates who had already done one-time registration can use their old registration id and password to open the application form.
- Others hit the “Register” tab available under Registration Part.
- A new page will open.
- Fill the basic information and upload your photo, signature.
- Check the details and “Submit” it.
- You will get a Registration id and password.
Editing One-Time Registration Data: Information filled by aspirants in registration form can be edited again (if necessary), before starting to fill the online application for Stenographer exam. This facility is applicable only once after registration.
Forget Registration ID/ Password: Already registered candidates who had forgotten their registration number/ password can ask help to SSC by clicking “Forget Registration/ Password” link.
After registration is over, aspirants have to start filling the application form for Stenographer ‘C & D’ exam. The steps are,
- Proceed to fill the online application by entering your registration id and password in Application part.
- All the mandatory fields should be filled properly.
- Preview the details and “Submit” the application.
Application Fee: Candidates who are desiring to write this competitive exam should also have to pay fee at the time of online application submission, based on category. Using SBI Challan or net banking/ credit/ debit card facilities, aspirants can pay fee.
- Non-refundable fee: 100/-
- Exemption: Woman/ SC/ ST/ PWDs/ EXSM
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
Steps for Fee Payment: After submitting application, come back to the page to make payment. Except Woman/ SC/ ST/ PWDs/ EXSM, others can pay the fee as follows.
- Offline Payment – Hit the “Download Offline Challan” option and take printout copy of it. Deposit the fee in designated branch of SBI before last date.
- Online Payment – Hit “Make Payment” link and enter the registration id & password. Choose Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking option and do the payment successfully.
Take printout copy of submitted application form for future reference by clicking “Print Application” link, after successful fee payment.
Check the Application and Online Payment Status: Separate links are given in ssconline.nic.in website, to check the online payment and application status of candidates. By clicking on those links, candidates will be able to know whether they had submitted application and done fee payment correctly on time.
How Many Applications can be Submitted?
A person can submit only one application for this SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ recruitment. More than one applications submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
Rejection of SSC Stenographer Online Application 2018
Commission will reject the applications of applied candidates only due to any of the following reasons.
- Application with illegible/ blurred photo or signature.
- Failed to indicate post preference in application.
- Application is incomplete.
- Application submitted, but failed to pay fee, etc.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card
Individuals who are submitting applications on time shall be issued with admission certificates to participate in the Computer based exam scheduled by Commission. After that, Stenography test will be conducted. Thus suitable aspirants will be hired for Stenographer ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts.
Queries: To know detailed information about this recruitment and to clear your doubts further, refer the official notification that we have linked in this article.