SSC MTS Salary 2017: One of the Common Recruitment Examination to hire suitable candidates for the Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) posts is going to be conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) very soon. Matric pass candidates are eligible to participate in this examination. In various central government offices located at different states or union territories of the country, selected candidates will be appointed. Recently government has implemented the 7th Pay Commission by doing changes in salary structure of government employees. So, the salary and allowances of government employees has been increased. Are you guys going to participate in SSC MTS Recruitment 2017? Do you want to know about the SSC MTS Salary after 7th Pay Commission? Then go through the following paragraphs. You will get the details of SSC MTS Salary 2017.
|SSC MTS Salary 2017 – Highlights
||SSC MTS Exam 2017
||Paper I, II
||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
SSC MTS Salary 2017
SSC is a governmental organization that is mainly responsible for conducting direct recruitment for some of the state and central government departments. The MTS recruitment is being conducted by Commission to meet the Non-Technical staff requirements in various Central Government Ministries, departments and offices.
Two phases of examination will be organized by SSC for selecting deserving candidates for MTS posts. Appointment will be done based on merit-cum reservation norms of government, under Group ‘C’ Non Gazetted and Non-Ministerial employee category.
SSC MTS Job Profile
Roles and Responsibilities of a Multi Tasking Staff: There are different categories of multi tasking work. Some of them are Peon, Daftary, Chowkidar, Jamadar, Junior Generator Operator, Watchman, etc. Now let us see the duties of MTS in an organization.
- Keeping Office environment clean
- Opening and closing rooms
- Upkeeping potted plants, parks
- Maintenance of records & sending fax
- Assisting in daily office work, etc.
SSC MTS Salary after 7th Pay Commission
To do changes in salary structure of government employees Pay Commission has been set up by Government. Recently 7th Pay Commission came into existence. Approximately 23.55% of pay and allowances of employees has been suggested to be increased through this new pay Commission. The revised pay scale after 7th CPC will be as follows.
- SSC MTS Revised Salary after 7th CPC = Rs.5200 to 20200/-
- Grade pay = Rs.1800/-
- Apart from salary, selected aspirants will also get House Rent Allowance, Pension, Insurance, etc. The SSC MTS Salary after 7th Pay Commission will be approximately as tabulated below.
|SSC MTS Salary in hand (for Grade pay Rs.1800/-)
|Pay and Allowances
||Categories of City
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)
|Transport Allowance (TA)
|New Pension Scheme (NPS)
|Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
|Central Government Employees General Insurance Scheme (CGEGIS)
|Total Deduction (NPS + CGHS + CGEGIS)
|Final SSC MTS In-Hand Salary
- The SSC MTS Salary in hand details given above are applicable for all candidates who are going to be appointed in following regions.
|Central Region (CR)
||Uttar Pradesh, Bihar
|North Eastern Region (NER)
||Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram
|Kerala Karnataka Region (KKR)
|Southern Region (SR)
||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh
|Madhya Pradesh Region (MPR)
|Western Region (WR)
|Eastern Region (ER)
||West Bengal, Odisha
|North Western Region (NWR)
||Chandigarh, Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh
|Northern Region (NR)
||Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand
- Career Growth and Promotions of SSC MTS Jobs: Aspirants will be happy if they get promotions while serving in any organization. Because along with promotion the salary package of candidates will also get increased. Likewise, candidates who are going to indulge on MTS posts may also get promotions based on their service.
- Aspirants being hired as a Multi Tasking Staff in central government organizations can participate in the departmental exams of Lower Division Clerk posts, etc, after 3 years of continuous service. On the basis of service seniority also sometimes promotions will be given. The Grade pay that will increase in each stage of promotion is tabulated below.
|Stage of Promotion
||Years of service (from joining date)
||Grade pay after Promotion
||After 3 years
||After 6 years
||After 11 years
||After 13 or above years
- Candidates might have got the SSC MTS Salary Details from above section. Those who want to know more information about this upcoming recruitment, refer the links given in this article.