SSC MTS Online Application 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC), a recruiting agency of Indian Government has recently announced vast number of vacancies for the posts of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in different State as well as Union Territories. Peon, Daftary, Jamadar, Junior Gestetner Operator, Farash, Chowkidar, Mali, etc. are the categories of MTS posts. All these posts are going to be filled in various departments of central government. These non-technical cadre posts are coming under Group ‘C’, Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial category. Interested candidates are asked to submit online applications before deadline. For your convenience, we have given the detailed guidelines for submitting SSC MTS Online Application 2017 in below sections. Interested aspirants can go through it. Only for one month (approximate), the link for application submission will be active. So hurry up!
SSC MTS 2017 Exam Date
|Notification Released on||December 2017|
|Online applications can be submitted from||December 2017/ January 2018|
|Last date for filling of online application||January/ February 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||January/ February 2018|
|Challan form for fee payment can be downloaded upto||January 2018|
|Admit Card will be issued||2 weeks before examination|
|Date of Paper-I Examination||April/ May 2018|
|Date of Paper-II Examination||Will be announced soon…|
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for SSC MTS Online Application 2017
Individuals satisfying following minimum eligibilities can submit their applications for SSC MTS Exam 2017.
|2||Reservation||For SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ Ex-SM|
How to Apply Online for SSC MTS 2017
- Things to be Remembered/ kept before beginning to Apply
For filling SSC MTS Online Application 2017 following things are mandatory. Keep it in your hands, before sitting to apply.
- Active Mobile Number and Email id.
- Scanned copy of photograph and signature of candidate.
- Necessary original documents for reference.
- Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking for fee payment.
Photograph and Signature: A recently taken passport size photograph and candidate’s signature should be uploaded at the time of filling online application. The format is listed below.
Keep atleast 10 copies of same photograph with you. Sometimes Commission may ask it in further selection rounds.
State Preferences: In column number 17 indicate the state preference which you wish to get appointment (if selected). If you need not want to be considered for particular state, mark ‘X’ in the column.
Usage of Scribe in Exam: Scribe can be used by visually handicapped persons or candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy, in written exam of SSC MTS. But they should mention those details in online application by filling relevant column. Otherwise permission will not be granted.
Opting centres for SSC MTS Exam: Choose the centre which aspirants desire to write SSC MTS exam, while filling online application. Commission will allot centres based on applier’s request. But by seeing administrative exigencies, sometimes the centre may be changed.
- Procedure to Apply
Application Fee: Except reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PH/ EX-SM and woman aspirants, others have to pay fee after application submission. Based on convenience of appliers, using Challan form or Net Banking/ Credit/ Debit Card facilities remit the fee.
- Non-refundable Fee: 100/-
- For Woman/ SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex-SM: No fees
- Mode of Payment: Online/ Offline
Step-by-step Guidelines: Online applications should only be submitted for this SSC MTS recruitment. No postal applications will be accepted. Also remember, only upto 5.00 PM of last date the link for application submission will be available. The steps to apply online are,
- First open the website nic.in.
- Click the “Apply Online” link given under “Multi Tasking (Non-Technical) Staff in different states/ union territories, 2017”.
- Those who had already done “One time registration” can use that registration id and password for filling SSC MTS Application 2017.
- Already registered candidates who had forgotten password/ registration number can ask help to SSC, by clicking relevant link available in frontpage of above website.
- New users click the “Register” tab given under Registration part.
- Enter the requisite details in registration form.
- After filling all the * marked fields, click “Submit” button.
- You will get a provisional registration number and password.
- Then start uploading photograph and signature by clicking Choose File
- After uploading, press “Submit Photo/ Signature”.
Candidates who wish to upload their photo/ signature later can press “Close” button, after getting provisional registration number and password. Using View/ Edit option available in frontpage, images can be uploaded later. Individuals who had done mistakes while filling registration form can also edit the changes using view/ edit option. It should rememberable that, view/ edit option can be used only once by a candidate.
After successful completion of registration, follow these simple steps to submit the SSC MTS application correctly.
- Login into the Application Part.
- As like registration part, don’t fail to fill * marked fields.
- If candidates don’t want to fill the application in one attempt, click “Partial Save” button and leave the page.
- Otherwise, if you have completed filling application press “Submit” button.
- Next a payment window will appear.
- Fee Exempted candidates click the “Yes” option and others have to choose “No” option.
- Then choose the mode of payment and “Submit” it.
- If offline mode is opted by candidates, Challan form will display.
- Download the form and remit the fee in designated SBI.
- After 48 hours of making payment, check the application status by opening SSC Online website.
- Incase of online payment, the link will be automatically redirected to bank site with various payment options like Credit Cards/ Net banking/ Debit Card, etc.
- Select the payment option and do the transaction successfully.
- Finally after fee payment, take printout copy of submitted application form using “Print” option available in frontpage.
Which SSC MTS Online Application will be Rejected?
Staff Selection Commission will reject applications of candidates, if they fall under any of the following criteria.
- Application is incomplete.
- Application submitted but fees not paid.
- Photograph/ Signature of candidate is not clear, etc.
Eligibility to Participate in SSC MTS Exam 2017
Individuals whose applications are found complete and eligible shall only be issued with admission certificates to participate in the first round of selection, which is an objective type written examination (Paper-I).
Second, aspirants qualifying in first round of selection would be invited for Paper-II descriptive exam. If candidates qualify paper-II examination, then based on Paper-I marks appointment will be done.
Candidates can clarify their doubts regarding SSC MTS recruitment 2017 by contacting concerned Staff Selection Commission which he/ she had submitted or going to submit applications. The helpline numbers are given below.
|Staff Selection Commission/ Region||Help Lines|
|SSC (NR), New Delhi||01164715222, 01165021888, 01124363343, 01124360840|
|SSC (CR), Allahabad||05322460511, 09452424060|
|SSC (SR), Chennai||09445195946, 04428251139|
|SSC (WR), Mumbai||09869730700, 07738422705|
|SSC (ER), Kolkata||09477461228, 09477461229|
|SSC (MPR), Raipur||09407921504, 09407921505|
|SSC (KKR), Bangalore||08025502520, 09483862020|
|SSC (NWR), Chandigarh||09915509204, 09915509331|
|SSC (NER), Guwahati||09085073593, 09085015252|
Note: To know detailed information about this recruitment, refer the official notification that we have linked in this article.