SSC JE 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC), an Indian Government established agency that is responsible for recruiting staffs for various posts under Ministries, Departments and Subordinate Offices has revealed a good news recently for Engineers of the country. Very soon, this Commission is going to conduct one open competitive examination for satisfying the Junior Engineer (JE) needs in various governmental organizations like MES, CPWD, etc. Vast number of opportunities is existing for the Diploma holders only. Candidates who are endeavoring to become government Engineers are motivated to write this exam. Go through the contents narrated below, to know more about SSC JE exam 2017.
|Staff Selection Commission – SSC JE Recruitment 2017 – Highlights|
|Post Name||Junior Engineer Examination 2017||Vacancies|
|Qualification||Diploma/ Degree||Job Type||Regular|
|Selection||Written Test/ Interview||Application||Online|
|Last Date||17-11-2017||Job Location||India|
SSC JE Exam 2017 Notification
The disciplines under which SSC requires Junior Engineers are Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electrical & Mechanical, Quantity Surveying & Contract and Naval Quantity Assurance – Mechanical/ Electrical.
- All India Service Liability
- Vacancies are also there for PWDs.
- Appointments are purely on permanent basis.
In regional or sub-regional centres coming under offices of SSC, the exams are going to be conducted. As this is an All India level examination, the competitors ratio will be high. So the SSC JE Exam 2017 has been scheduled for 3 days. Call letters will be issued only to applicants who had submitted applications, via online.
The exam will be conducted in two tiers. In each tier exam, shortlisting will be done by seeing the total number of vacancies available and performance of candidates in tests. Aspirants who are having strong knowledge in relevant engineering domains shall only be opted for Junior Engineer posts, on category-wise merit basis.
Designations & its Salary
Staff Selection Commission is going to hire Junior Engineers now to satisfy the organization needs that are tabulated down. On selection, he/ she is going to serve as a Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted employee under Indian government by receiving Pay Band-2 scale salary and other admissible allowances.
|Name of Position||Organizations||Salary Scale and Grade Pay|
|Junior Engineer||Central Water Commission||Rs.9300 – 34800/- and Grade pay of Rs.4200/-|
|Department of Post|
|Farrakka Barrage (Project)|
|Central Water Power Research Station|
|Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)|
|National Technical Research Organisation|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC JE Exam 2017
- Necessary Qualification: Diploma certificate holders in Engineering disciplines like Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical can apply for the SSC JE jobs, if studied from recognized institution or university.
Graduates in concerned disciplines are also found suitable for Junior Engineer jobs under MES, Central Water Commission organizations and candidates who had completed their intermediate examination in Building & Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional-II would also be considered for the JE jobs under Quantity Surveying & Contract.
- Diploma or Degree in relevant subjects
- Intermediate qualification in Building & Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional-II
- Requisite Experience: Planning, Execution and maintenance type of Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering, etc. work experience is mandatory to join in following posts under SSC JE recruitment 2017. Experience certificate is necessary only for Diploma holders who are applying against these jobs.
- JE (Civil) posts of MES organization – 2 years
- JE (Electrical & Mechanical) posts of MES organization – 2 years
- Directorate of Quality Assurance vacancies – 2 years
- Age Restrictions: Depending upon the governmental organization/ discipline which candidates are desiring to apply under SSC JE 2017, the age limits will also differ as follows. There is also cut-off date for determining these age limits.
- Surveying & Contract discipline: 18 to 27 years
- Department of Post (JE – Civil) – 18 to 27 years
- CPWD/ Central Water Commission – 32 years
- Other JE posts/ disciplines: 30 years
- Age Relaxations: Candidates will be given with relaxations in ceiling age, if he/ she falls under any of the following categories. Also they should produce valid document proofs for this.
- SC/ ST/ J&K Domiciles: 5 years
- Defence persons disabled in any hostility operation with foreign country: 5 years
- OBC person/ Central Government Civilian Employees: 3 years
- PWD persons: 10 years
- Ex-serviceman: 10 years
SSC JE Exam Selection Process
Staff Selection Commission will hire suitable aspirants for Junior Engineer posts by calling eligible applicants for a Computer based examination first. Candidates scoring good marks in computer based test shall be next invited for a Descriptive type written examination. The topics from which questions would come for test are tabulated here.
|Paper-I (Objective type)||Paper-II (Descriptive Type)|
|· General Intelligence & Reasoning
· General Awareness
· General Engineering (Civil & Structural/ Electrical/ Mechanical)
|· General Engineering (Civil & Structural/ Electrical/ Mechanical)|
Names of contestants who are taking leading marks in these tests shall be added to final select list, after verification of original credentials.
- Computer Based Test
- Descriptive Written Test
- Document Verification
How to Apply for SSC JE 2017
Application Fee: Candidates aspiring to compete for SSC Junior Engineer posts should have to remit the application fee, using SBI e-Challan form or Net banking/ Credit/ Debit Card facilities.
- Non-Refundable Fee: Rs.100/-
- Exemption: For Woman/ SC/ ST/ PH/ EXSM
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
Applying Procedure: Online applications have to be submitted by willing aspirants if found eligible as per minimum eligibility standards given above. The guidelines for applying are given here.
- Open the website ssc.nic.in.
- Click the apply link of relevant advertisement and read the official notice.
- Do the New Registration first, by submitting basic information.
- On clicking “I Agree” button, a registration number will be generated.
- Candidates who wish to do offline fee payment can download challan form at this stage.
- After remitting fee in bank, do the part-2 registration steps given down.
- Using Registration number and password, login into the application.
- Candidates desiring to pay online fee for this recruitment, can make the payment.
- Others enter the transaction id and bank details of offline payment.
- Upload the scanned image of photograph and signature.
- Finally preview the details and press “Submit”.
- Printout copy of application can be taken for reference.
Dates to Remember
|SSC JE 2017 – Important Dates|
|Notification Released on||21th Oct 2017|
|Registration starts from||17th Nov 2017|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||17th Nov 2017|
|Admit Cards will be given||2 weeks before exam|
|Paper-I Exam Date||05,08th Jan 2018|
|Paper-II Exam Date||Will be informed Soon|
Note: On above section we have provided details regarding one of the upcoming competitive examination that has been planned by Staff Selection Commission, for occupying the Junior Engineer posts in Indian Government organizations. By reading the official source, aspirants may get some more idea about this recruitment.