SSC JE Syllabus 2017: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) had supposed to conduct an open computer based competitive examination (CBT) especially for Engineering Graduates. In this regard SSC is providing job opportunities for males and females without any gender discrimination. In our assumption, majority of the people who are eligible may be eager and applied against the recruitment notification delivered earlier. In case of such candidates, your expected Junior Engineer exam is coming soon. So, be prepared thoroughly before the announced date of exam. At this time, we played a small role in your exam preparation. That is, we had collected details about SSC JE Syllabus 2017 and presented hereunder. Aspirants who are in need of syllabus shall refer this article.
|SSC JE Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||SSC JE Exam 2017||Exam Type||Online Objective Type|
|Material||Exam Syllabus||Exam Category||SSC Exam|
|Exam Date||05,08-01-2018||Exam Phase||Paper 1, Paper 2|
|Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)||Official Site||ssconline.nic.in|
SSC JE Syllabus 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under the Government of India, to recruit staffs for vacant posts in Ministries and Departments. This Commission is an attached Office of the Department of Personnel and Training. Every year it conducts various recruitment. For this current year, SSC had planned for Junior Engineer exam in Group ‘B’ category, with the following criteria’s.
- Qualification: Diploma/ Degree
- Experience: 2 years
- Age limit: 18 to 32 years
- Selection Process: CBT, written test and document verification
As we know, now-days after completing Engineering employment will be a question mark for most of the Engineers, so exam attending candidates can expect a high competition. Those aspirants must be prepared to compete against this Junior Engineer Post. At the first stage of exam preparation, he/ she need to access the SSC JE Syllabus 2017. Why because, without syllabus your entire exam preparation will be wasted, in the path of reaching your destination. To reduce your burden, we came with that syllabus in the below sections.
To crack the examination, the selection process will not get over up to this online test. The shortlisted persons through this online examination will subject to two more process such as descriptive type written test and Document verification.
Subjects for SSC JE Syllabus: In first phase of objective type online examination, participants have to clear single paper only. It’s a computer based exam, obviously it will be conducted in online. In this exam, the overall questions will be drafted from the following sections.
- General intelligence & Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General Engineering
Exam Pattern for SSC JE Exam 2017
There about two kinds of exam, organized by SSC to admit deserving candidates for document verification. The questions will be covered from the areas of general knowledge and the attendees must be familiar in their chosen subjects in higher studies. You may grasp the exam details in the below lists,
- Here CBT is in objective type and written exam will be of descriptive type.
- So the upcoming exams will be conducted in online as well as offline
- CBT exam will be conducted for 200 marks and written exam is for 100 marks.
- Both the exams will be conducted for a composite duration of 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Paper-I (Objective Type)||General intelligence & Reasoning||50 marks||2 hours|
|General Awareness||50 marks|
|General Engineering||100 marks|
|Paper-II (Conventional Type)||Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical||300 marks||2 hours|
Subject Wise SSC JE Syllabus 2017: The internal sub topics for each of the subjects are separately listed below. On or before the exam date, aspirants must be thorough with these topics.
- Syllabus for General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Space visualization
- Problem solving,
- Analysis, judgment
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Discrimination, observation
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current events
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Scientific Research
- Syllabus for General Engineering
In this section, participants must be familiar in any one of the subject only, based on your choice in Diploma or Degree in engineering.
- Part-A (Civil Engineering)
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Part-B (Electrical Engineering)
- Basic concepts
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- AC Fundamentals
- Measurement and Measuring instruments
- Electrical Machines
- Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Estimation and Costing
- Utilization and Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
III. Part-C (Mechanical Engineering)
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
- Properties of Pure Substances
- 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion
- Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System
- Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles
- Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines
- Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics
- Measurement of Fluid Pressure
- Fluid kinematics
- Dynamics of Ideal fluids
- Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles
- Hydraulic Turbines
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Classification of steels
|Download JE Syllabus||Click here|
SSC JE Exam 2017
In response of huge vacancies occurred in organizations such as Central Water commission, CPWD, Department of Post, MES, Farraka Barrage, Central Water Power Research Station and Directorate of Quality Assurance, recently SSC unveiled a notification. It asks the job seekers to submit the online applications, if you are a Diploma or Engineering Degree holder in relevant stream. Very soon, this exam will be conducted. So, those who applied for this post make your exam preparation before that. Some of the details furnished in the exam notification are given below,
- Name of Designation – Junior Engineer (JE)
- Exam Date –05th – 08 Jan 2018
Note: Each and every topic in SSC JE Syllabus 2017 is given in the above sections. Aspirants may also get the related details about Junior Engineer exam also.