SSC CPO 2017: A much awaited Central Police Organisation (CPO) examination notification is going to be released by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) through their official site. According to the SSC Exam schedule 2017 which was released last year, the notification for this recruitment will be available on the last week of January. Graduates who are interested in police jobs and eagerly waiting for Sub Inspector recruitment exams in SSC can make use of this chance. Tentatively, the paper-I exam will be held in the month of May. Candidates who are getting selected in this recruitment will be placed below various Police forces. Those who wish to know more about SSC CPO 2017 Exam can refer the contents given below.
|Commission||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Position Name||Sub Inspector & Assistant Sub Inspector|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
SSC CPO 2017
Each year SSC conducts lot of open competitive examination for engaging suitable candidates below various government employments. So this time, it is going to organise a SSC CPO 2017 Exam for recruiting degree holders below Sub Inspector posts. Aspirants who have completed bachelor’s degree in any discipline are encouraged to use this chance. Candidates who are aging between 20 to 25 years are eligible to apply.
Aspirants have to qualify in different screening stages such as Written Examination, Physical Standard and Efficiency test followed by medical verification. Physical fitness is really important for this job. So it is better to have a medical checkup before applying for this post for avoiding future disappointments. Candidates who get selected as Sub Inspectors will be permanently recruited at Delhi Police, Border Security Force, Sashastra Seema Bal, Central Reserve Police Force, etc. They have to undergo 2 years probation before making their job permanent. Please scroll down the page for grabbing more information about the upcoming SSC CPO 2017 Exam.
About Sub Inspector Designation: Person who is appointed as Sub Inspector will act as in charge for Police station and administration. He/ She should take measures for preventing crimes and investigation. The monthly salary offered for the Sub inspector in Delhi Police and CAPF will be as per pay scale of Rs.9300 to 34800/- pm with grade pay of Rs.4200/- and Rs.5200 to 20200/- pm with grade pay of Rs.2800/- for Assistant SI in CISF.
SSC CPO 2017 Vacancy Details
|1||Sub Inspector (M) – Delhi Police||616|
|2||Sub Inspector (F) – Delhi Police||256|
|3||Sub Inspector (M) – CAPF||697|
|4||Sub Inspector (F) – CAPF||89|
|5||Assistant Sub Inspector (M) – CISF||507|
|6||Assistant Sub Inspector (F) – CISF||56|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CPO Exam
Candidates who are applying for the SSC CPO Exam have to satisfy the following eligibility conditions and requirements of the Commission. Here in the below section, we have discussed about the qualification, age, relaxation, etc which are required for Sub Inspector post.
- Necessary Qualification: Aspirants who have done bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute are eligible to apply.
- Age Restrictions: The minimum age required to apply for SI post is 20 years and the maximum age of the applicants should not exceed 25 years at any cost. The crucial date for determining the age of the applicants will be as on 1st January 2017.
- Age Relaxation: Individuals who are belonging to the reserved and special category can get age relaxation as per government rules. In the below table, we have provided the age concession for all categories.
|SC/ ST/ Civilian Employees/ departmental candidates||5 years|
|SC/ ST||8 years|
|Widows/ Divorcees/ Judicially Separated||10 years|
- Special Skills: Male candidates who are applying for the Sub Inspector positions should possess beforehand experience in driving Light vehicles. Moreover, they should hold valid driving license for LMV (Motor cycle and Car).
SSC CPO 2017 Recruitment Process
To achieve Sub Inspector positions, aspirants have to qualify in different screening process. The screening stage includes Physical Endurance Test, Written Examination and Medical Verification. The physical measurements for male and female candidates are available on the official notification. Candidates who are not satisfying these conditions will not be permitted for further selection process.
Initially, the application received through online will be verified by the committee members and only the suitable person shall be invited for Physical Standard and Efficiency Test. Candidates who are fulfilling the physical tests are required to appear for the OMR based written test.
There are two papers in the SSC CPO Exam i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates who qualify in both the papers will have to appear for medical verification. Based on whole performance, the final merit list will be prepared.
- Physical Standard Test: At first, the physical measurements such as height, weight and chest measurement will be verified. Those who are not satisfying the physical conditions will not be considered for next process.
- Physical Efficiency Test: Candidates who succeed in PST will have to appear for PET. Here, the aspirants will be asked to perform running, Long and high jumps and Shot put with in the given time and chances.
- Paper-I: There are four parts in paper-I exam i.e. General Reasoning, General Knowledge, Quantitative aptitude and English comprehension. Candidates who are securing minimum marks in this test can appear for Paper-II exam.
- Paper-II: In this test, objective type questions will be asked from English Language and comprehension.
- Medical Verification: After successfully completing all the above process, contestants have to appear for document and medical verification. In this process, the eye sight of the candidates will be checked.
The exam pattern for paper-I and II are explained clearly on the below table.
|Subject||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and
|General Knowledge and
|English language & Comprehension||200||200||2 hours|
The official notification for SSC CPO Exam will be available from 24th April 2017. Candidates can make their registration by using the official portal of SSC online till 15th May 2017.
The offline based Paper-I exam would be conducted between 15th to 22nd May 2017. Individuals who are qualifying in paper-I exam will have to appear for paper-II exam on 8th October 2017. The dates for other selection process will be announced later.
- Date of Notification – 28th Jan 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – 5th March 2017
- Paper-I exam will be held between – 30th June 2017 to 07th July2017
- Paper-II Exam will be conducted on – 08th October 2017
Note: To make it easier for reference, we have explained more details about the upcoming SSC CPO 2017 Exam in the above paragraphs. To gather furthermore details, please refer the official notification.