SSC CHSL 2017: We are very happy to inform you that, the much awaited SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam advertisement has been unfolded by the Commission. This exam has been planned to fill up plenty of job openings availed for 12th pass candidates. Aspirants who were expecting a lot to serve in clerical jobs can make use of this chance. On the basis of selection list, qualified candidates in CHSL exam will be appointed permanently below Postal/ Sorting Assistants, Operator, LDC and Court Clerk jobs. Regarding that, online applications are invited from those who desire to apply for SSC CHSL 2017. Readers who visited our official site in search of latest SSC job updates shall go through this article.
|SSC CHSL Exam Notification 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (CHSL 2017)|
|Position||Postal/ Sorting Assistants, DEO, LDC and Court Clerk|
|No of Posts||3259|
|Education||12th pass/ Equivalent|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
SSC CHSL 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruitment agency which organizes competitive exams for hiring staffs in various ministries and Department and its subsidiary offices. At present, many vacant places are available below different clerk level posts. So, the commission decided to conduct a SSC CHSL Exam for engaging suitable persons in those positions.
Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam will be held in three different stages i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. There won’t be any interview for this latest SSC Jobs. Candidates who secures minimum qualifying marks in this examination will be considered for appointment on regular basis. This exam will be conducted at various regions in India in the month of March and April 2018.
If you are failed to pass the Tier one exam, then you will not be permitted to attend further tiers of selection. You can refer the SSC CHSL Syllabus (which has been updated on our page) for preparing well for the exam.
|S.No||Post Name||Vacancies||Pay Scale|
|1||Lower Divisional Clerk / Junior Secretariat Assistant||898||Rs.5200 – 20200/-|
|2||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||2359|
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO)||02*|
Designations for which you are going to write SSC CHSL Exam: This examination is conducted especially for filling up the vacancies lying below Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator, Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk posts. Candidates who have passed 12th standard and aging between 18 to 27 years can apply for this post.
The monthly salary offered for the appointees will be according to Pay band one only. Some of the important details regarding the designation has been mentioned in the below table.
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Court Clerk
Salary Offered: Applied aspirants who get succeeded in the exam would be engaged as permanent employee in the below given salary package.
- Pay Scale for all Posts – Rs.5200 to 20200/- pm
- Grade Pay for Assistant – Rs.2400/-
- Grade Pay for Other posts – Rs.1900/-
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates who desire to apply for these designations may not know the exact eligibility criteria to apply for SSC CHSL 2017. So, we are going to discuss about the required educational qualification, age limit and other details in this sections.
Academic Profile: The educational qualification which is required to take part in SSC CHSL 2017 is 12th pass/ equivalent from any recognized Board or university.
- Required Qualification – 12th Pass
Age Constraints: Individuals who have attained the age of 18 years are eligible to apply for this exam. However, your upper age limit should not exceed 27 years as per Commission norms.
- Minimum Age Limit – 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 27 years
Age Relaxation: Applicants who are belonging to reserved and some other special categories will get concession in upper age limit as per government reservation rules.
- OBC – 3 years
- SC/ ST – 5 years
- PWD – 10 years (+3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ ST)
- Ex-servicemen – 3 years after deduction from military service (+3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ ST)
- Central Government Employees – Up to 40 years (+3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ ST)
SSC CHSL Recruitment Procedure: The selection process will be conducted through three tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. The tier-I comprise of objective type questions and in case of Tier-II, all the questions will be of descriptive.
Candidates who are qualifying in these exams only will be considered for Tier-III exam i.e. Typing or Skill Test. All the tiers of exams will be of qualifying in nature. Based on the marks secured by them in all the tests, final selection list will be drawn out.
- Tier-I: Written Exam
- Tier-II: Descriptive Exam
- Tier-III: Typing or Skill Test (Based on the designation)
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
There are totally three phases in selection process i.e. written test, Descriptive Test and Typing or Skill Test. The written exam question papers will be available in English and Hindi. Hereunder let we see about the exam pattern and the mark alloted for each parts.
Tier-I (Written Exam): This exam comprises of objective type questions where each questions carry 25 marks. Totally there are 100 questions and the exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks. 1 hour and 15 minutes time duration will be given for finishing the exam. A negative mark of 0.50 will be detected for each and every wrong answer.
- General Intelligence – 50 marks
- English Language – 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 marks
Tier-II (Descriptive Exam): This exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode for duration of one hour. Questions will be in the form of Essay ad Letter writing. The minimum qualifying marks set for this exam is 33%.
- Essay and Letter Writing – 100 marks
Tier-III (Skill/ typing Test): The skill test will be conducted only for Data Entry Operator Posts. This exam will take place for 15 minutes. For the other posts, a typing test would be conducted over the computer for 10 minutes.
- For DEO – Skill Test
- For Other Posts – Typing Test
Application Fee: All the willing aspirants can remit their application fee through the online payment portals such as net banking, credit or debit card. You can also use the offline mode i.e. SBI Challan for making your fee payment.
- Fee for General & OBC – Rs.100/-
- Fee for Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ EXSM – No Fee
- Payment Mode – Online or Offline
How to Apply Online for SSC CHSL 2017
Job Seekers who are meeting all the eligibility criteria for SSC CHSL 2017 are encouraged to submit their job applications through online. The complete guidelines for proceeding with the online registration are given in the below list.
- First of all, go to the official site of SSC i.e. “www.ssconline.nic.in”.
- Hit in the “Click Here” link below the respective Exam Name.
- On the next page, Click on the “Register” button below the “New Registration” menu.
- Fill the form with details such as Basic info, personal details, contact details and click on “Submit” button.
- You will receive a provisional Registration ID and Password.
- Using the login details, login into your profile and get the application form.
- Enter all the required details in the application form.
- Cross check the entire application form for doing corrections, if necessary.
- Upload the scanned copies of Photo and Signature in correct in specified dimensions.
- Choose the Payment option and make the fee payment.
- Finally submit the application form.
- After final Submission, the printed form of the application form will appear on the screen.
- Save this PDF file on your system and use it for future reference.
Dates to Remember
|SSC CHSL Exam Notification 2017 – Dates|
|Online Registration starts from||18th November 2017|
|Online Registration ends on||18th December 2017|
|Admit cards will be released from||Announced soon|
|Tier-I of exam starts from||04th March 2018 – 26th March 2018|
|Tier-II of exam on||08th July 2018|
Note: In the above sections, we have discussed a lot about SSC CHSL 2017 . Go through the detailed official notification for getting additional details, which is linked here.