SSC CHSL 2017: We are very happy to inform you that the much awaited SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam advertisement has been unfolded by the Commission on this week. Aspirants who were expecting the clerk level exam notification from SSC can make use of this chance. Aspirants who qualify in this exam can be appointed permanently below Postal/ Sorting Assistants, Operator, LDC and Court Clerk jobs. There are plenty of openings available below these designations. Aspirants with the minimum qualification of 12th pass are eligible to apply via online. Readers who visited our official site in search of latest updates from SSC can go through the below sub headings.
|SSC CHSL Exam Notification 2017 – Highlights|
|Commission||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Position||Postal/ Sorting Assistants, DEO, LDC and Court Clerk|
|No of Posts||NA|
|Last Date||Updated soon|
|Education||12th pass/ Equivalent|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
SSC CHSL 2017
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruitment agency which organizes competitive exams for hiring staffs for various ministries and Department and its subsidiary offices. At present, many vacant places are available below different clerk level posts. So, the commission decided to conduct a SSC CHSL 2017 for engaging those positions.
This exam will be held in three stages i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. There won’t be any interview for this kind of jobs. Candidates who are securing the minimum qualifying marks in this examination will only be considered for appointment. This exam will be conducted at various regions in India.
If you are failing to pass the Tier one exam, then you cannot appear for the further selection process. You can refer the SSC CHSL Syllabus (which has been updated on our page) for preparing well for the exam.
Designations for which you are going to write SSC CHSL Exam: This examination is conducted especially for filling up the vacancies lying below Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator, Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk posts. Candidates who have passed 12th standard and aging between 18 to 27 years can apply for this post.
The monthly salary offered for the appointees will be according to Pay band one only. Some of the important details regarding the designation has been mentioned in the below table.
- Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Court Clerk
- Pay Scale for all Posts – Rs.5200 to 20200/- pm
- Grade Pay for Assistant – Rs.2400/-
- Grade Pay for Other posts – Rs.1900/-
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017
Candidates who desire to apply for these designations will not know the exact eligibility criteria for participating in this exam. So we are going to discuss about the required education, age limit and other details in this sections.
Academic Profile: The educational qualification which is required to take part in the SSC CHSL examination is Higher Secondary level or any equivalent examination from a recognized Board or university.
- Required Qualification – 12th Pass
Age Constraints: Individuals who have attained the age of 18 years are eligible to apply for this exam. However, this upper age limit should not exceed 27 years as per Commission norms.
- Minimum Age Limit – 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 27 years
Age Relaxation: Applicants who are belonging to reserved and some special category can get concession in upper age limit as per government reservation rules. We have added up the upper age limit with the relaxation age and have listed it in the below section.
- Age Limit for OBC – 30 years
- Ag Limit for SC/ ST – 32 years
- Age Limit for PWD – 37 years
- Age Limit for PWD (OBC) – 40 years
- Age Limit for PWD (SC/ ST) – 42 years
You can refer the rest of the relaxation ages from the official notification.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Procedures: The selection process will be conducted through three tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. The tier-I comprise of objective type question and descriptive type questions will be there in Tier-II exam.
Candidates who are qualifying in these exams only will be considered for Tier-III exam i.e. Typing or Skill Test. This test shall act as a qualifying in nature. Based on the marks secured by them in the above tests, a final selection list will be drawn out.
- Tier-I: Written Exam
- Tier-II: Descriptive Exam
- Tier-III: Typing or Skill Test
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
There are totally three phases in selection process i.e. written test, Descriptive Test and Typing or Skill Test. The written exam question papers will be available in English and Hindi. We shall see about the exam pattern and the mark allotment for each parts in the below section.
Tier-I (Written Exam): This exam comprises of objective type questions were each question carry 25 marks. Overall there are 100 questions and the exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks. 1 hour and 15 minutes time will be given for finishing the exam. A negative mark of 0.50 will be detected for each and every wrong answer.
- General Intelligence – 50 marks
- English Language – 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 marks
Tier-II (Descriptive Exam): This exam will be conducted through pen and paper mode for duration of one hour. This exam comprises of Essay ad Letter writing. The minimum qualifying marks set for this exam is 33%.
- Essay and Letter Writing – 100 marks
Tier-III (Skill/ typing Test): The skill test will be conducted only for Data Entry Operator Posts. This exam will take place for 15 minutes. For the other posts, a typing test would be conducted over the computer for 10 minutes.
- For DEO – Skill Test
- For Other Posts – Typing Test
Application Fee: Aspirants can remit their application fee in the form of online payment portals such as net banking, credit or debit card. You can also use the offline mode i.e. SBI Challan for making your fee payment.
- Fee for General & OBC – Rs.100/-
- Fee for Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ EXSM – No Fee
- Payment Mode – Online or Offline
How to Apply Online for SSC CHSL 2017
Job Seekers who are meeting with the eligibility criteria of SSC CHSL 2017 are encouraged to submit their Bio-Data through online. The complete instructions for online registration are given in the below list.
- First of all, go to the official site of SSC i.e. “www.ssconline.nic.in”.
- Hit in the “Click Here” link below the respective Exam Name.
- On the next page, Click on the “Register” button below the “New Registration”
- Fill the form with details such as Basic info, personal details, contact details and give “Submit”
- Your will receive a provisional Registration ID and Password.
- Use it as login details and fill the rest of the form.
- Upload the scanned copies of Photo and
- Choose the Payment option and make the fee payment.
- After final Submission, an application form will appear on the screen.
- Save this PDF file on your system and use it for future reference.
Dates to Remember
- Online Registration Starts from – 18th November 2017
- Last Date for Online Submission – 18th December 2017
- Last Date for Challan Fee Payment – 18th December 2017
- Tier-I Exam Date – 20th March – 20th April 2018
- Tier-II Exam Date – 26th June 2018
Note: In the above section, we have made an announcement about the release of SSC CHSL 2017 Notification on their official site. Go through the detailed notification for additional details.