SSC CHSL 2018: We are very happy to inform you that the much awaited SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Exam 2018 Notification will be released by Commission on 3rd November 2018. Postal/ Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operator, LDC/ Junior Secretariat Assistant are the various posts that will be filled through this exam. This is a great opportunity for 12th pass candidates those who have good typing skill in English/ Hindi, to engage on government jobs. As the official SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Notification has not yet released, we have provided some general details about this upcoming nation-wide competitive exam in the below section. Candidates who searched for SSC CHSL latest news 2018 in our website just go through it.
|SSC CHSL Exam 2018 Notification – Highlights|
|Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam 2018|
|Position||SSC CHSL Exam for Postal/ Sorting Assistants, DEO, LDC/ Junior Secretariat Assistant Posts|
|No of Posts||Updated Soon…|
|Education||12th pass/ Equivalent|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
SSC CHSL 2018
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruitment agency which organizes competitive exams for hiring staffs for various ministries, departments and subsidiary offices of Indian Government. One of the competitive employment exam that will be conducted every year by SSC is CHSL. Candidates having interest on typing/ data entry works will usually write this exam. Very soon SSC CHSL 2018 Exam notification is going to be let out by Commission. So, interested candidates don’t miss this opportunity.
|1||Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Updated Soon….|
|2||Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)||Updated Soon….|
|3||Data Entry Operator (DEO) for C&AG Office and Others||Updated Soon….|
SSC CHSL Salary after 7th Pay Commission: The salary applicable for respective SSC CHSL Posts 2018 after 7th pay commission is given below.
- Pay Scale for all Posts – Rs.5200 to 20200/-
- Grade Pay for LDC/ JSA posts – Rs.1900/-
- Grade Pay for Other posts – Rs.2400/-
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates who desire to apply for these designations may not know the exact eligibility criteria to apply for SSC CHSL 2018 Exam. So, we are going to discuss about the required educational qualification, age limit and other details on this sections.
Academic Profile: The minimum qualification that should be completed by candidates to apply for SSC CHSL Exam 2018 is higher secondary from any recognized institution.
- DEO (C&AG): 12th in Science stream with Mathematics/ Equivalent
- Others: 12th Pass/ Equivalent
Age Constraints: Individuals who have attained the age of 18 years are eligible to apply for this upcoming SSC exam 2018. However, your upper age limit should not exceed 27 years as per Commission norms.
- Minimum Age Limit – 18 years
- Maximum Age Limit – 27 years
Age Relaxations: Under this SSC CHSL Recruitment 2018, aspirants belonging to reserved and some other special categories will get concession in upper age limit as per government reservation rules.
- OBC – 3 years
- SC/ ST – 5 years
- PWD – 10 years
- Ex-servicemen – 3 years + Service period in armed force
- Central Government Employees – Upto 40 years (+3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ ST)
Others: Apart from the above said eligibilities, individuals those who are willing to participate on this exam should also have following skills.
|Skill||Name of Post||Requisites|
|Typing Speed on Computer||Data Entry Operator||
|Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant||
|Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant|
SSC CHSL Exam 2018 and Selection Procedure
Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam has three successive stages i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. There won’t be any interview. Based on the marks secured by contestants in all the tests, final selection list will be drawn out.
- Tier-I: Written Exam
- Tier-II: Descriptive Exam
- Tier-III: Typing/ Skill Test (Based on the designation)
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2018
The written exam question papers will be available in English and Hindi. Now, let we see about the exam pattern and the mark alloted for each tier exam.
Tier-I (Written Exam): This exam comprises of 100 objective type questions. Total marks for which exam will be conducted is 200. Maximum time that will be given to finish exam is 1 hour (extra 20 minutes for VH/ OH candidates). A negative mark of 0.50 will be detected for each and every wrong answer.
- General Intelligence – 50 marks
- English Language – 50 marks
- Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks
- General Awareness – 50 marks
Tier-II (Descriptive Exam): This exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode for duration of one hour. Questions will be in the form of Essay ad Letter writing. The minimum qualifying marks set for this exam is 33%.
- Essay and Letter Writing – 100 marks
Tier-III (Skill/ typing Test): The skill test will be conducted only for Data Entry Operator Posts. This exam will take place for 15 minutes. For the other posts, a typing test would be conducted over the computer for 10 minutes.
- For DEO – Skill Test
- For Other Posts – Typing Test
You can refer the SSC CHSL syllabus (which has been updated on our website) for preparing well for these three tier exams.
Document Verification: To check the eligibilities of candidates as per details indicated on online application form, SSC will invite Tier-III exam qualified contestants for document verification. Individuals failing to produce any of the necessary certificates will be rejected immediately.
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2018: The Tier-I and Tier-II exam marks of candidates shall only be taken into account for preparation of final merit list (subject to qualifying tier-III exam). SSC will recommend the names of candidates for appointment to respective posts depending upon merit position and the option exercised by candidates during document verification. To know more about SSC CHSL Job Postings, wait for the release of official notification.
How to Apply for SSC CHSL 2018 Exam?
Application Fee: Applications for SSC CHSL Exam 2018 should be submitted only through online mode. While submitting application, aspirants have to remit application fee through the online payment portals such as net banking/ credit/ debit cards/ visa. Candidates can also remit fee through offline mode (i.e. using SBI e-Challan). Fee once paid is non-refundable.
- Fee for General & OBC – Rs.100/-
- Fee for Women/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ EXSM – No Fee
- Payment Mode – Online/ Offline
SSC CHSL Apply Online Guidelines: Job Seekers who are meeting all the eligibility criteria fixed for SSC CHSL 2018 are encouraged to submit their job applications. The SSC CHSL 2018 Apply Online guidelines are given below.
- First of all, go to the official site of SSC i.e. “www.ssconline.nic.in”
- Hit in the “Click Here to Apply” link below the respective Exam Name
- Read the detailed SSC CHSL 2018 Notification
- Click on the “Register” button below the “New Registration”
- Fill the form with details such as Basic info, personal details, contact details etc
- Click on the “Submit” button
- You will get a provisional Registration ID and Password
- Using that, login into the application part
- Fill all the required details in SSC CHSL 2018 Application Form
- Upload the scanned copies of Photo and Signature in required dimensions
- Cross check the entire application form and do corrections, if necessary
- Finally click “Submit” button
- Then click “Make Payment” tab and do the transaction successfully
- Candidates who wish to do offline payment can download the challan form and remit the fee in concerned bank before last date
- Hit “Print Application Form” tab and take printout copy of submitted application atlast
You can also check the Payment status and Application Form status by logging in into concerned website, after submitting application form and making payment.
|Official Notification (Previous Year Notification)||ssc.nic.in|
SSC CHSL Exam Date 2018 and Others
|Notification will be released on||3rd November 2018|
|Starting date of online registration||3rd November 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||30th November 2018|
|Final date for fee payment||30th November 2018|
|Download Admit cards for Tier-I exam||atleast 2 weeks before exam|
|Date of Tier-I Examination||Updated Soon…|
|Tier-I results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
|Download admit card for Tier-II Exam||Updated Soon…|
|Date of Tier-II Exam||Updated Soon…|
|Tier-II Results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
|Download admit card for Skill Test (Tier-III)||Updated Soon…|
|Date of Skill Test||Updated Soon…|
|Final Results will be announced on||Updated Soon…|
Note: In the above sections, we have discussed lot of general details about upcoming SSC CHSL 2018 Exam. To know additional details like vacancies, reservation and other terms & conditions of appointment, wait for the release of exam notification.