SBI PO Prelims Result 2017 Check Marks and Cutoff at www.sbi.co.in: State Bank of India (SBI) has made an advertisement through its authorized website. It is an advertisement that invited job applications from interested young graduates of the country, for Probationary Officer (PO) posts. Two phases of Online exam and Interview are the methods of selection. Upto first week of March 2017, bank has accepted applications for this position from willing aspirants. At the end of April and first week of May 2017, the first phase of exam i.e. Preliminary exam has been conducted. Now bank has published the details of SBI PO Prelims Result 2017 in its official website. Based on this result only aspirants will be next invited for the main examination (second phase of online exam). So candidates who had participated in prelims exam check your results immediately without any delay. In the below given paragraphs, you can find the guidelines to see prelims result. Go through it.
|SBI PO Prelims Result 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||SBI PO Exam 2017||Exam Type||Written Exam|
|Information||SBI PO Prelims Result 2017||Status||Available|
|Exam Date||29th & 30th April and 6th & 7th May 2017||Exam Category||Prelims|
|Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)||Official Site||www.sbi.co.in|
SBI PO Prelims Result 2017
For hiring suitable aspirants for the Probationary Officer posts that are vacant in its administration, recently SBI (the government owned organization) has divulged one recruitment notice. Candidates interested to serve in this position are asked to submit their applications before deadline. Aspirants have to overcome Preliminary, Main Examination and Interview rounds to acquire this position.
As a first step, admit cards were issued to applied candidates for preliminary examination. It is the screening exam. In about 34 state/ union territories, SBI has conducted the preliminary examination for a duration of 1 hour, on different shifts and days. As competitors are more in number, the results have not been announced immediately. But now the SBI PO Prelims Results 2017 are officially announced by bank. Candidates can notice the following particulars in the result.
- Candidates Roll Number/ Registration Number
- Date of Preliminary Exam
- Post Name
- Pass/ Fail in exam
- Whether qualified for next round of selection (i.e. main exam), etc.
SBI PO Exam Notice
In the month of February 2017, SBI has released the staff requirement notice for PO posts. Including backlog there exists more than thousand vacancies for this position. Applications are asked to be submitted through online mode by willing aspirants. Individuals thus applied are only allowed to participate in first round of online prelims examination.
- Designation: Probationary Officer (PO)
- Vacancies: 2313
- Application Type: Online
- Prelims Exam Mode: Online
SBI PO Preliminary Exam Marks & Results:
About 100 objective type questions are asked for SBI PO Preliminary Examination. The three topics from which questions are drafted for exam are given below.
|1||English Language||30 marks|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35 marks|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35 marks|
Competent authorities of SBI have used the following marking pattern for publishing SBI PO Prelims Result 2017.
- Each Correct Answer = 1 mark
- Each Incorrect Answer = – 0.25 mark
- Marking of two answers for each question = – 0.25 mark
- Not answering for question = No mark deduction
SBI PO Selection Process 2017
The first stage of selection is preliminary exam. Individuals failing to meet the minimum qualifying cut-offs (category-wise) fixed by SBI will be rejected in this round of exam itself. Those who are securing marks above the minimum qualifying cut-offs shall be invited next for the second phase of online exam, which is mains. Finally individuals cracking in main exam have been decided to be invited for interview.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
Cut-offs: SBI will fix cut-offs on sectional and overall basis. Bank will consider the number of participants in exam, their performance, available number of PO vacancies in each branch, reservation norms for appointment, etc. to fix these cut-offs.
We have given the previous as well as this year’s SBI PO Prelims examination cut-offs in the below table.
SBI PO Prelims Cut Off 2017
|SBI PO Prelims Exam Sectional Cut-off|
|Sections||Previous year (2016)||Cut-off (2017)|
|General||SC/ ST/ OBC/ OH/ VI/ HI||General||SC/ ST/ OBC/ OH/ VI/ HI|
|English Language (out of 30 marks)||8.75||6.00||8.75||5.75|
|Quantitative Aptitude (out of 35 marks)||7.25||4.25||10.25||7.00|
|Reasoning Ability (out of 35 marks)||7.00||4.25||6.50||4.00|
Overall Cut-offs for SBI PO Prelims Exam 2017: Depending upon category the overall cut-offs will differ as follows. Usually overall cut-offs will be computed as,
- Overall Cut-offs for SBI PO Prelims Exam = Scores obtained by candidate in (English Language + Quantitative Aptitude + Reasoning Ability)
|Overall Minimum Prelims Cut-offs by which candidates will be shortlisted for Main Examination (out of 100 marks)|
|Previous year (2016)||38.75||29.25||44.50||47.50||36.00||37.00||15.75|
How to Check SBI PO Prelims Result 2017?
Through official website of State Bank of India aspirants can check their Prelims result. Aspirants have to keep their Roll Number indicated in admit card/ Registration Number generated at the time of online application submission and Date of birth entered at the time of filling application, while checking result. Only if you enter those information into the login page, you can see your SBI PO Prelims Result 2017. Otherwise the page will not open. The step-by-step instructions to check preliminary exam result of SBI PO are given below.
- Open the website sbi.co.in and hit the “Careers Click Here” option available in top right of the page.
- Or, directly open the page sbi.co.in/careers/.
- In the “Latest Announcement” section or “Join SBI -> Current Openings” section, search for the result link under concerned recruitment.
- By clicking on the Prelims Result link a new page will open.
- It will ask you to enter your “Roll/ Registration Number and Date of Birth”, if you want to see your result status.
- Also enter the string that is displayed in the page on appropriate box.
- If you have filled all the * marked fields, give “Submit”.
- Your SBI PO Preliminary Exam Result will display.
- For records you can save the page and take printout copy.
|Official Site||Click here|
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
Dates to Remember
- Notification Issued Date – February 2017
- Notification Closed Date – 6th March 2017
- Prelims Exam Conducted Date – 29th & 30th April and 6th & 7th May 2017
- Prelims Exam Result Date – 17th May 2017
Details about SBI PO Prelims Result 2017 for currently ongoing recruitment are given on above section. Keep in touch with our website to know more information about SBI PO results.