SBI PO Mains Result 2017: Probationary Officer (PO) recruitment is now ongoing in State Bank of India (SBI). Two phases of Online Exam and Interview are the selection methods for this position. Already first phase of exam has been conducted on April, May months and the results were also declared. In the first week of June 2017, SBI has conducted the second phase of online exam i.e. main exam. According to the official notification, first SBI has decided to declare main exam result on 19th June 2017. But the date has been postponed by bank due to some inconvenience. As days had passed, now SBI has declared the results of this main examination. Candidates who had participated in the SBI PO Main Examination 2017 can check their results through official website of bank. In this article we have provided vast information about the standards by which SBI PO Main Exam Results 2017 are published. Also we have given step-by-step guidelines to check SBI PO Mains Result 2017 without other persons help.
|SBI PO Mains Result 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||SBI Probationary Officer (PO) Exam 2017||Exam Type||Written Exam|
|Information||SBI PO Mains Result 2017||Status||Available|
|Exam Date||4th June 2017||Exam Category||Mains|
|Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)||Official Site||www.sbi.co.in|
SBI PO Mains Result 2017
Indian citizens who are ready to serve anywhere in India are asked to submit applications for SBI PO Recruitment 2017. Regarding this vast number of citizens had submitted their applications before deadline fixed by bank. Candidates thus applied were issued with admit cards to participate in first round of selection, which is preliminary exam.
After declaration of prelims result, due to low performance (less marks) more number of contestants were rejected. Then remaining aspirants are given with admit cards to participate in the main examination. Comparing preliminary exam, the contestants are very less in main exam. So only in limited centres across India, the main exam has been conducted.
Now it’s time to discuss about SBI PO Mains Result 2017. Yes, bank has released the main examination results in this first week of July 2017. The result that is published by SBI has the following information.
- Name of Post
- Advertisement Number
- Date of Exam
- Roll numbers of candidates eligible for Group Exercise & Interview
- Details regarding next round of selection.
SBI PO 2017 Exam Notification
The official notification for Probationary Officer recruitment has been let out on February month by SBI, by inviting online application from enthusiastic aspirants. Around 2400 vacancies are found open in various branches across country. Recently the main examination for this recruitment has been conducted through online mode. Questions are found tougher than prelims exam. So the number of qualified candidates is less than appeared ones.
- Post Name: Probationary Officer (PO)
- Vacancies: 2313
- Application Type: Online
- Main Exam Mode: Online
SBI PO Main Exam Marks & Results:
In the main examination there is both objective and descriptive test. For a duration of 3 hours objective exam has been conducted and for 30 minutes descriptive exam has been conducted.
|Objective Test (200 marks)|
|No.||Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60 marks|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60 marks|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40 marks|
|4||English Language||35||40 marks|
The marks of objective paper might be calculated in the following manner by competent authorities of State Bank of India, for publishing results.
- 1 mark for each correct answer and deduct 25 marks for each wrong answer.
- No marks will be deducted if no answer is marked for a question.
- If two answers are marked for a question, 25 marks per question will be deducted.
|Section-wise Marks = ((No. of Correct Answers – No. of Incorrect Answers)/ No. of Questions* Total Mark for particular section)|
The descriptive paper will be evaluated only if contestants qualify in the objective paper with good cut-off marks.
|Letter Writing & Essay Writing||50 marks|
SBI PO Selection Process 2017
Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview are the selection rounds that aspirants have to overcome to indulge on Probationary Officer posts. Already the Preliminary exam has been over, now the main exam results have been published. Very soon candidates eligible for interview round of selection will be issued with call letters to participate in interview.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
By combining main exam and interview marks only, SBI will prepare a category-wise merit list for appointment.
Previous Cut-offs: There are objective and descriptive papers in main examination. So for both exam first individual cut-offs (i.e. sectional cut-offs) will be fixed. Next bank will fix the overall cut-offs by considering the performance of candidates, category-wise reservation, etc. On the basis of overall cutoffs only, SBI PO Mains Result will be declared. For your reference we have given an example of last year SBI PO Mains Cut-off in below tables.
Objective Paper Sectional Cut-off:
|Previous SBI PO Exam Mains Sectional Cut-off (2016)|
SC/ ST/ OBC
OH/ VI/ HI
(out of 60 marks)
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
(out of 60 marks)
|General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge
(out of 40 marks)
(out of 40 marks)
Descriptive Paper Cut-off:
|SBI PO Mains Previous cut-off for Descriptive Paper (out of 50 marks)|
Overall Cut-offs 2017: Overall cut-offs for SBI PO mains exam will be fixed based on category as follows. These cut-offs will be computed as,
- Overall Cut-offs for SBI PO Main Exam = Scores obtained by candidates in (Reasoning + Data Analysis & Interpretation + General Awareness/ Marketing/ Computer Knowledge + English Language) + Descriptive Paper
|Previous SBI PO Mains Overall Minimum Cut-offs by which candidates are invited for Interview (out of 250 marks)|
How to Check SBI PO Mains Result 2017?
The SBI PO Mains Result 2017 will be published only through official website of SBI. No intimation will be sent through postal mode for this purpose. Individuals who had participated in the main examination can simply search for the relevant result link in bank’s website and see their results. No need to enter your roll number/ registration number/ date of birth/ password to login into the result page. The simple guidelines for seeing result are,
- Visit the website sbi.co.in and hit the “Careers Click Here” option available in top right corner of the page. It will direct you to Careers page of SBI.
- Or, participants can directly open the careers page sbi.co.in/careers/.
- The recent career news of SBI will be available on Latest Announcement Search for the relevant main exam result link.
- Or, go to “Join SBI -> Current Openings” section and click the relevant recruitment. You can find the link for Main Result.
- By clicking on that link, a new page will open.
- Search whether your Roll Number is available in the page.
- If available, you have passed the main examination and eligible for interview round of selection. Save the page and download it for reference.
- If not available, you have failed the main exam and ineligible for interview round.
- Roll Number
Dates to Remember
- Notification Issued Date – February 2017
- Notification Closed Date – 6th March 2017
- Mains Exam Conducted Date – 4th June 2017
- Mains Exam Result Date – 3rd July 2017
Candidates might have got lot of information from above section regarding SBI PO Mains Result 2017. To know more about SBI PO Results keep in touch with our website.