SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018: Every year State Bank of India (SBI) conducts recruitment exercise for hiring suitable aspirants for the Probationary Officer (PO) posts that are vacant in its various branches across country. Graduates will show interest to participate in this recruitment, as they are only eligible. Exam and Interview will be conducted by bank for selecting most apt candidates. As SBI is a government owned organization, competition will be very high. Very soon one of the notification for PO recruitment is going to be released by bank. Only through adequate preparation, one can succeed in this recruitment. To start preparations, aspirants must know the exam pattern first. For helping those candidates here in this article we have given the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018. This is the exact pattern that is announced by bank. Aspirants who are searching for this information can download or check it from below section and start your preparations to crack in upcoming SBI PO Examination.
|SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||SBI Probationary Officer Exam 2018||Exam Type||Objective & Descriptive|
|Material||Download SBI PO Exam Pattern PDF||Exam Category||Manager|
|Exam Date||April/ May 2018 (tentative)||Exam Phase||Prelims, Mains|
|Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)||Official Site||www.sbi.co.in|
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018
SBI conducts PO recruitment for its units and associate banks once in a year, separately. Applications will be asked to be submitted by interested candidates by fixing deadline, whenever recruitment are announced. Usually, two phases of examination and interview will be conducted by bank for finding out the right candidates for Probationary Officer posts.
Applying aspirants will be issued with admit cards to participate in first round of selection i.e. Preliminary Examination. Next based on prelims marks contestants will be shortlisted for main examination. Finally based on main exam marks, again contestants will be shortlisted for interview round of selection.
- Prelims is just a screening exam to filter most unsuitable aspirants in the initial stage itself.
- Only the main exam and interview marks will be counted together for preparation of final merit list.
From this we can understand, only if candidates qualify in Exam he/ she will be permitted to participate in final round of selection i.e. Interview. So don’t waste your time, start your preparations immediately to crack in exams. The SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam Pattern is given on next paragraphs.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2018
From three varied sections questions will be asked for SBI PO Prelims Exam. Number of questions that will be drafted will vary depending upon topics, as follows.
|No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||60 minutes|
- SBI PO Prelims is an objective type exam
- This exam will be conducted online only i.e. Computer based
- About 100 questions will come for this exam
- Each question carries 1 mark
- Penalty of 25 marks for each wrong answer is applicable
- Maximum time allotted for exam is 1 hour
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern 2018
The SBI PO Main Exam has two categories of test, which are Objective test and Descriptive test. The SBI PO Main Exam Pattern for these two tests is given below.
Objective Test: Multiple choice objective type questions will be asked for this exam. From about four different topics questions would be drafted. Separate time limit will be fixed for each section of questions as follows.
|No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- SBI PO Main Objective Test will be conducted in online mode
- About 155 questions will be asked for this test
- Total marks for which exam will be conducted is 200
- 3 hours is the maximum time fixed for this exam
- Penalty of 25 marks is applicable for each incorrect answer
Descriptive Test: The descriptive test papers will be evaluated only if individuals score high cut-off marks in SBI PO Mains Objective Test. The exam pattern of descriptive paper is given below.
|1||English Language||Letter Writing||50 marks||30 minutes|
- The descriptive test paper of SBI PO Main Exam would also be conducted in online mode.
- Only ½ an hour is the maximum time that will be given to finish this exam.
Compensatory Time in SBI PO Exam
Individuals who are using scribe will be given with 20 minutes per hour extra time to finish the prelims and main exam successfully.
SBI PO Cut off
Cut-off is the minimum qualifying mark that will be fixed by exam conducting authority. For objective type prelims and main examination, cut-offs will be fixed for each individual sections and for overall exam. Individuals failing to meet those cut-offs will be declared as disqualified in exam.
But for descriptive exam of SBI PO 2018 (Mains), the minimum pass marks will be declared for entire exam based on category.
- Objective tests – Sectional and Overall Cut-offs
- Descriptive tests – Overall only
Factors that will be considered by State Bank of India before fixing those cut-offs are listed below.
- Number of vacancies
- Number of participants
- Performance of participants in exam
- Difficulty level of exam
- Reservations for appointment, etc.
Remember: Only after prelims exam, the prelims cut-offs will be fixed. Likewise, only after main exam the main exam cut-offs will be fixed.
Dates to Remember
- Notification Released Date – 21-04-2018
- Notification Closed Date – 13-05-2018
- Preliminary Examination Date – July 2018
- Main Examination Date – August 2018
Details of SBI PO Exam Pattern 2018 are given on above section. Candidates who need more information about this recruitment can refer the links that we have given in this article.
|Official Site||Click here|