RRB SSE 2017: The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) working underneath Railway Ministry is going to conduct one examination for occupying the Senior Section Engineer (SSE) openings in its various zones. The notice for this test is officially released in May 2017. The Degree holders in Engineering/ Technology streams or equivalent are eligible to write this India level competitive examination. Experience is not a bar i.e. freshers can also apply. This seems to be a great offer for citizens who are striving to get a Central Government job. Read the following contents to gather more knowledge about this RRB SSE 2017.
|Board Name||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Exam Name||Senior Section Engineer (SSE Exam) 2017|
|Vacancy Nos||4528 (approx)||Last Date||Jul 2017|
|Education||B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent Degree|
RRB SSE 2017
The Senior Section Engineer is very important for handling the works in P-Way, Bridge, Design & Estimation, Workshops, Carriage & Wagon, Jig & Tools, etc cadres. Through this SSE Exam 2017, the vacancies in 21 regions like Patna, Ranchi, Siliguri, Trivandrum Malda, Kolkata, etc. are going to be filled.
- Female citizens who can work in odd hours/ road side station away from HQs can also apply.
- Through this exam about 4528 seats of Engineer in RRBs are going to be filled.
- Mostly male citizens will get appointment in Railway Engineers unit of Territorial Army.
RRB just recommends the names of aspirants who are performing well in exam to Chief Personnel Officer of concerned Railway Zone/ Production Unit. The particular Officer will take decisions of giving appointment order to contestants who are found suitable. Subject to merit, preference chosen by candidate and vacancy position, appointment shall be done.
Designation and its Salary
To impart knowledge about SSE duties, hired candidates will be moulded by giving training first. Stipends would be given to trainees. For doing their roles and responsibilities properly after training, the Railway Recruitment Board will offer monthly salary in a scale of Pay Band-2, Grade Pay and other admissible allowances too, as per latest Central Government orders.
- Stipend during training – As per RRB rules
- Salary per month – Rs.9300 – 34800/-
- Grade Pay – Rs.4600/-
- i) Qualification: The minimum eligible qualification to write this SSE examination is Engineering/ Technology or equivalent Degree in relevant streams. This education must be studied on regular basis from recognised institution/ university. A combination of any sub stream of basic stream is also enough.
- BE/ B.Tech or Degree in any of the subjects
- Industrial Machining
- Instrumentation & Control
- Information Technology
- Tools & Die Making
(ii) Age Restrictions: Candidates who had attained the minimum age set for this RRB SSE 2017 are only eligible to apply. Also there is maximum age, which appliers should not exceed. Both these limits will be computed as on 1st July 2017.
- Minimum age limit: 20 years
- Maximum age limit: 34 years
(iii) Age Relaxations: The ceiling age given as 34 years is applicable for General category. But SC/ ST/ OBC, etc. reserved category persons can appeal for relaxations, by producing proper document proofs. Appealing citizens will get concessions as per government orders, as follows.
|Category||Years of Relaxation/ Limit|
|OBC persons||3 years|
|SC/ STs||5 years|
|J&K Domiciles||5 years|
|Ex-Serviceman||Service in Defence + 3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities||10 years|
|PWD (OBC)||13 years|
|PWD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women||Age limit is 35 years (UR)
Age limit is 38 years (OBC)
Age limit is 40 years (SC/ ST)
|Group ‘C’ erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff, Casual Labour & Substitutes||Age limit is 40 years (UR)
Age limit is 43 years (OBC)
Age limit is 45 years (SC/ ST)
The Railway Recruitment Board will issue call letters/ admission certificates to appliers who are found eligible atleast two weeks before commencement of selection rounds given below. Applicants can download it from RRB website and take it along with them, while coming for recruitment phases.
(i) Examination: On online mode, this competitive examination is arranged by RRB. About 150 multiple choice objective type questions shall be asked for test, from following sections. Only 120 minutes will be given to participants, to attend the test. For each incorrect answer, evaluating authorities will reduce 1/3 marks.
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Science
- Technical Ability
(ii) Document Verification: Depending upon availability of vacancies and online exam score, a main list will be prepared. Then RRB will call those aspirants for original certificate verification. Candidates failing to produce any of the requisite eligibility proofs will be rejected in this stage itself.
(iii) Medical Fitness Test: Individuals whose names are recommended for appointment should also have to pass in the medical fitness checkup going to be conducted by Railway Administration.
Merit List: RRB will prepare merit list on the basis of marks secured by contestants in Computer based test only. Finally on zonal and category wise, appointments will be done.
How to Apply for RRB SSE Exam 2017
Examination Fee: By paying examination fee, candidates can apply for this Senior Section Engineer designation. Internet Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card facilities or SBI e-Challan form or in Computerized Post Office fee can be remitted. This fee seems to be non-refundable in any circumstances.
- Fee of OBC/ UR category: Rs.100/-
- Exemption: For SC/ ST/ Ex-serviceman/ Women/ Minorities/ PWDs/ Economically backward classes
- Service Charges: as applicable
- Mode of Payment: Online/ Offline
Applying Process: Online application shall only be accepted for this RRB SSE 2017 Exam. Under any one RRB zone which candidates wish to enter, aspirants can submit their applications. But they can mention the order of preference (unit/ cadre which they like to work most) in application. The instructions for doing registration are,
- Open indianrailways.gov.in website
- Click zonal wise RRB website
- Hit “Online/ e-Application” link.
- Press “New Registration” and enter the basic details.
- Using the Registration Number and Password sent to your email id, login.
- Select “Senior Section Engineer (SSE)” post.
- Start filling the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and do the transaction.
- Download the blank “Template” and affix signature, left thumb impression, photograph and write the declaration, registration number.
- Now login again and using “Upload” link update the filled template.
- SC/ ST candidates have to upload the scanned copy of caste certificate also (if availing for free travel facility).
- Now preview and for doing changes in application use “Modify”.
- Click “Submit” button and print the “Acknowledgement” for records.
- After remitting fee in offline mode, login again and enter the requisite payment details (if asked in application).
Dates to Remember
|Notification Released on||soon|
|Applications can be submitted online from||Jun 2017|
|Final date for applying online||Jul 2017|
|Fee can be paid upto||Jul 2017|
|Online Examination Dates||Aug & Sep 2017|
|Hall Ticket can be downloaded from||2 weeks before online exam|
Note: Regarding upcoming RRB SSE 2017 Exam we have given lot of information on above section. Refer the official website of RRB for more information.