RRB NTPC Syllabus 2017: One month before, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) issued an exam notification over its official site with an aim of engaging dynamic graduates below various NTPC posts. Aspirants who are eager to get jobs in Indian Railways, applied in response to this advertisement. Candidates who have already appeared for competitive examinations will have some ideas regarding the competitive exam. On the other hand, new entrants shall be looking for the RRB NTPC Syllabus 2017 all over the internet. In order to guide those people, we have provided the updated Syllabus in this article. Additionally, we have also offered the RRB NTPC Exam Pattern in which the Computer Based Test (CBT) will be conducted. Please move down this page for gathering more details.
|Board Name||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Exam Name||RRB NTPC Exam|
|Exam Category||RRB Exam|
|Exam Type||Computer Based Exam|
|Exam Date||March to May 2018|
RRB NTPC Syllabus 2017
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is a government agency which functions below the control of RRCB. The duty of this organization is to select suitable staffs to work below Indian Railways which are located in 21 states. This year the board has decided to conduct Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) Exam through online. Last year over sixty lakhs of young aspirants took part in the first stage of exam.
From this we can conclude that, the competition for this exam is very high. To with stand in the RRB NTPC Exam, you should be thorough in the topics like Reasoning, numerical aptitude, general awareness and general Science. This article will be explaining you about the RRB NTPC Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the nearing exam.
Some of the detail regarding the upcoming exam has been explained in the below list.
- CBT is mandatory for all the posts.
- Candidates who are applying for typing jobs should appear for Typing test.
- There will an Aptitude Test for Station Master & Traffic Assistant Posts.
- Aspirants who successfully complete this exam would be called for Document Verification.
- However, the appointment will be finalized after medical verification
- The Aptitude Test comprises of Intelligence Test/ Selective Attention Test/ Spatial Scanning Test/ Personality Test.
The information about the eligibility conditions and other details of RRB NTPC exam has been listed out in the below section.
- Academics – Degree in any discipline
- Age Limit – 18 to 32 years
- Selection Process – Computer Based Test (CBT)
Necessary Topics for RRB NTPC Syllabus: There will be a computer based test for all the posts. This examination comprises of 100 objective type questions. Candidates who are qualifying in this exam are required to appear for Aptitude test or Typing test, wherever required. The subjects from which, the questions will be asked for the upcoming NTPC exam are given in the below list.
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- General Science
RRB NTPC Question Paper Pattern 2017
The RRB will conduct an online based objective type examination for all categories. The question paper for this examination will be provided in Hindi as well as in English. Total 90 minutes time shall be given for finishing the examination.
Candidates who are securing minimum pass marks will be invited for document verification. Participants have to be careful while mark the answers because negative marks will be detected for every wrong answer. Now we shall see about the RRB NTPC Question Pattern clearly in the below section.
- RRB NTPC is an Objective type exam with four multiple choices.
- This exam will be conducted over
- 1 ½ hours time shall be given for completing the exam.
- There will be total of 100 questions and each carries one mark.
- A negative mark of 333 shall be detected for every wrong answer.
To make it clearer, we have provided you the examination pattern in a table format below.
|Subjects||No of Questions||Marks Allotted||Duration|
|Arithmetic Ability||20||20||1 ½ hours|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||25||25|
Subject Wise Syllabus of RRB NTPC: By referring the other sites and previous year question paper, we have collected lot of important topics for RRB NTPC exam and presented it here in this page. Note these topics in a paper and refer it while you are preparing for this exam.
Syllabus for Arithmetic Ability
- Problems on Ages
- Profit & Loss
- Time and Work
- Time & Distance
- Data Interpretation
- Boats & Streams
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Mixture Allegation, etc
Syllabus for Reasoning & General Intelligence
- Blood Relation
- Problem Solving
- Similarities & Differences
- Number Series
- Decision Making
- Coding & Decoding, etc
Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Indian History
- International news
- Culture & Heritage
- Scientific Inventions
- Indian Polity & Constitution
- Abbreviations, etc
Syllabus for General Science
- Environmental Science, etc
RRB NTPC Exam 2017
The RRB NTPC exam is conducted mainly for engaging young and skillful candidates below Non-Technical Popular Category (NTPC) jobs. More than 15000 openings are lying below these positions. Degree holders who are aging between 18 to 32 years are eligible to apply for this exam. The designations for which RRB NTPC exam is going to be held are given in the below list.
- Commercial Apprentice (CA)
- Traffic Apprentice (TA)
- Enquiry-Cum- Reservation-Clerk (ECRC)
- Goods Guard
- Junior Accounts Assistant-Cum-Typist (JAA)
- Senior Clerk-Cum-Typist
- Asst Station Master (ASM)
- Traffic Assistant
- Senior Time Keeper
|Dowload Syllabus||Click here|
- Notification Issued Date – December 2017
- Last Date for Online Application – January 2018
- Computer Based Exam Date – March to May 2018
Note: With an aim of helping the participants we have provided lot of details about RRB NTPC Syllabus 2017 and other details in the above section. You may also go through the official notice for grabbing additional information.