RRB JE 2017: After a long gap, Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has finally updated its official site with latest recruitment notification for JE exam. Engineers who eagerly anticipated for Junior Engineer job placement in Railways can make use of this golden offer. RRB officially released this notification this week through one of the daily newspaper and also over its official portal. Individuals with the minimum qualification of Diploma or BE can apply for RRB JE 2017 Exam . Most probably, the examination can take place on the month of August/ September 2017 through online. We are here to help you by providing the essential qualifications, selection process and other details in the below section.
|Board Name||Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)|
|Vacancy No’s||6000 (App)||Last Date||July 2017|
|Job Nature||Permanent Basis|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
RRB JE 2017 Exam
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is a government agency which functions below the control of RRCB. The task of this organisation is to select suitable staffs to work below Indian Railways which are located in 21 zones i.e. Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Malda, Ranchi, Patna, Mumbai, etc.
Now, RRB has decided to conduct recruitment for Junior Engineer positions for filling the vacancies which are available in the above zones. Some of the important details regarding RRB JE Exam 2017 have been listed out below.
- This will take place through online
- Two hours duration will be given for completing this exam.
- The questions will be asked from your concerned subject, Reasoning, Numerical Attitude and general awareness.
- The selection is purely based upon marks obtained in the online test.
- Candidates applying for these posts should be physically fit.
Junior Engineer Designation: Indian Nationals who have completed Diploma or BE from a recognised university with speciality in Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Tools & Die Making/ Electronics/ IT/ communication/ Computer Science, etc are eligible to apply for JE post.
The work of the Junior Engineer is to construct and design building, designing tools, maintaining electrical control system, coding programs, etc. Here in the below section we have given the important details about this job.
- Job Name – Junior Engineer
- Age Limit – 18 to 32 years
- Qualification – Diploma/ BE/ B.Tech
- Pay Scale – Rs.9300 to 34800/- pm
- Grade Pay – Rs.4200/-
RRB JE Eligibility Criteria 2017
In this section, we have provided the important eligibility criteria which are required to apply for the Junior Engineer and other Posts. When we talk about eligibility, two things come to our mind i.e. Education and Age. Both the conditions have been explained clearly in the below sub headings.
Academic Qualifications: Aspirants who desire to apply for these posts should have completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ technology or Diploma or any similar qualification in their respective field.
- Required Qualification – BE/ Diploma/ PGDCA or B.Sc
Age Limitations: The lower age limit for Junior Engineer is freezed to 18 years. However, the upper age limit should not have crossed 32 years as on 1st July 2017.
- Age Limit for Junior Engineer – 18 to 32 years
Age Relaxation: Reserved category applicants can expect for relaxation in age limit as per government rules in force. Railway Staffs who are serving in Group C and D posts can get relaxation upto 40 years (43 years for OBC & 45 years for SC/ ST).
- For OBC – 3 years
- For SC/ ST/ Domiciles of J&K – 5 years
- For PWD – 10 years
- For PWD (OBC) – 13 years
- For PWD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
Examination Fee: Unreserved and OBC Male Candidates are required to pay the specified application fee by using net banking, credit or debit card or SBI Challan/ computerised Post Office Pay-in-Slip .
- Fee for UR/ OBC Male – Rs.100/-
- Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ EXSM/ Women/ EBC – No Fee
RRB JE Selection Methodology 2017
Initially, the details mentioned in the online application form will be validated and only the deserving candidates will be invited for Computer based examination. Based on the marks secured by the candidates, a provisional merit list will be drawn.
Those people have to appear for the document verification followed by medical examination. The selection will be finalised with subject to medical fitness test only.
- Online Test
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness test
- Character & Antecedents Verification
RRB JE Exam Pattern: The online test would be conducted for 150 marks where 90 questions will be from technical part and remaining 60 questions from other sections. 1/3 marks will be detected for every wrong answer. Two hours time will be given for finishing your exam.
- Technical Ability & General Science – 90 marks
- General Awareness, Reasoning & Arithmetic – 60 marks
How to Apply Online for RRB JE 2017 Exam
Engineers who are meeting with the qualifying conditions of RRB JE 2017 Exam can submit their application through online. The detailed steps for online application have been given in the below lists.
- Go to the official site of RRB i.e. “www.indianrailways.gov.in”.
- Click on the “Recruitment” tab on the top of page.
- Choose your respective zonal name on the next page.
- Click on the “New Registration” link and fill up the required details.
- A registration no and password will be generated.
- Use it as login details and fill the rest of the form.
- Choose the fee payment option and remit the fee.
- Upload the scanned copy your photo.
- Download the blank template and take the printout of it.
- Paste your photo, left thumb impression and signature.
- Scan that form and again upload it in the space given for it.
- After final submission, an application form will be displayed.
- Download and take the hardcopy of the form.
- Date of Advertisement – June 2017 (Approx)
- Online Application Starts from – June 2017
- Last date for Online Application – July 2017
- Online Exam date – August/ September 2017
Note: In the above section, we have provided details regarding the RRB JE Exam and other information which are required to apply for it. You could go through the official notification for grabbing more details.