RBI Grade B 2017: Reserve Bank of India (RBI) that controls the monetary policy of Indian rupee is going to implement one direct recruitment based exam, to occupy the Officer posts in its units that are spread worldwide. Even after finishing higher professional courses like Engineering or any other degrees, candidates used to go to bank coaching classes withan intention of entering into banking and financial services industry due to its attractive salary packages. So we encourage such youngsters to write this exam. The first phase of examination will be executed on September 2017. Elaborated details of this RBI Grade B 2017 are given below.
|RBI Grade B Exam 2017 – Highlights|
|Post Name||Grade B Officer||Vacancies||NA|
|Selection||Written Test/ Interview||Application||Online|
|Last Date||July 2017||Job Location||All india|
RBI Grade B 2017
Aspirants who are ready to serve anywhere in India as posted by RBI are only motivated to apply against this Officer position. Except SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category, individuals who had already appeared six times in Phase-I exam regarding previous Grade B Officer exam notices released by RBI are not eligible to apply this time.
- Newly arised vacancies and backlog openings are planned to be filled.
- Maximum number of attempts permitted is 6.
- RBI employees can also apply.
In centres under 34 states/ union territories across country, this test is going to be executed. Indicated number of vacancies (more than hundred) is tentative and it may change at the time of appointment.
Salary and Other Benefits
First aspirants will be placed only as a probationer in Officer position under Grade-B category, for 2 or 4 years. On seeing their satisfactory performances candidates may be moved as a permanent employee in RBI. Apart from salary, designees would also get Dearness Allowances, House Rent Allowances, Family Allowances, Leave, etc. as per bank rules.
- Minimum and Maximum salary will be Rs.35150 – 62400/-
- Accommodation and other allowances are applicable
- Promotion to higher grades is also applicable.
Dates to Remember
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam 2017 – Important Dates|
|Online registration and payment can be done from||03rd May 2017|
|Last date for filling online application and making payment||23rd May 2017|
|Last date to submit application for pre-examination training||May 2017|
|Phase-I Examination Date (tentatively)||First week of Aug 2017|
|Phase-II Examination Date||Mid of Sep 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for RBI Grade B 2017 Exam
- i) Qualification: The minimum educational requirements to apply against Officer posts in RBI is a degree with good academic records in School level and College level. Higher qualification is also an acceptable one.
- 12th/ Diploma/ Equivalent with Bachelor Degree
- 50% mark is enough for SC/ ST/ PWDs
- 60% marks is needed for others.
- ii) Age Limit: Young candidates are mostly wanted for this Officer position. So bank has set following minimum and maximum age limits to apply for this exam. Before submitting applications aspirants are advised to calculate their ages as on 1st July 2017.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 30 years
iii) Age Relaxations: Highly qualified candidates and experienced guys as an Officer in commercial banks or financial institutions shall be offered with relaxations in upper age, on production of valid document proofs.
- Phil studied candidates: 32 years
- D studied candidates: 34 years
- Experienced persons: should not exceed 33 years (after relaxing experience period)
By seeing the category, bank has planned to give following relaxations to applying candidates as per its rules.
|Category||Years of Relaxation|
|SC/ ST/ Ex-serviceman/ Commissioned Officers||5 years|
|PWD (General)||10 years|
|PWD – OBC||13 years|
|PWD – SC/ ST||15 years|
|RBI Employees||As per bank rules|
To acquire these Officer jobs in RBI bank, candidates have to successfully come across two tests and one oral interview. Here we have explained about exam stages one-by-one. Other than this, additional informations will be given in the information handout that will be released at the time of issuance of admit cards for test.
i) Phase-I Examination:
Exam will be conducted on one shift in a given day. Full of objective type questions shall only come. Number of questions that will be asked is 200 from following topics.
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
ii) Phase-II Examination:
Depending upon Phase-I marks only shortlisted candidates would be permitted to write this phase-II test. Exam will be both in objective and descriptive manner. There will three papers of questions and the time given for each paper is 90 minutes. Maximum marks for each paper is 100.
- Economic & Social Issues
- Finance & Management
iii) Interview: By seeing the Phase-II test marks, bank will shortlist some of the candidates and publishes their roll numbers in its official website by asking them to attend the interview round of selection. Maximum marks for which interview will be conducted is 50.
- Either in Hindi/ English
Cut-off: In each subject/ papers of exam, aspirants have to secure the minimum cut-off that is set by bank. Otherwise they will be declared as disqualified at any stage of test.
Merit List: By combining the Phase-II Examination and Interview marks, final merit list will be prepared by RBI. The reservation norms, number of vacancies, etc. would also be taken into account. On this merit basis only finally appointment will be done.
- Merit List = Phase-II Exam mark + Interview mark
How to Apply for RBI Grade B 2017
Application Fee: Except RBI staffs, others have to pay application and intimation charges for this recruitment. But, candidates falling under SC/ ST/ PWD category no need to remit application fee.
- Application Fee: Rs.750/-
- Intimation Charges: Rs.100/-
- SC/ ST/ PWDs: Intimation Charges only
- RBI employees: No fees
- Payment Mode: Online (Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking)
Applying Procedure: Through internet site job applications have to be submitted by candidates who are having interest. But before beginning to register, keep valid email id and scanned copies of photo, signature, etc. with you. The guidelines to apply are given here.
- Open the bank’s website rbi.org.in.
- Go to “Opportunities @RBI -> Current Vacancies -> Vacancies” and click the relevant recruitment link.
- Hit the hyperlink “Applications (Apps)” in the advertisement page.
- It redirects aspirants to “Online Application”.
- Do the New User Registration and get the registration number, password.
- Login and fill the requisite details in application and upload the scanned photo, signature.
- Use “Save and Next” button after filling each mandatory fields.
- Click “Preview” and check the entered information.
- Then press “Final Submit” button.
- Remit the application fee, by clicking on “Payment” tab.
- Finally take printout of e-Receipt copy and pdf form of submitted application.
SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWDs willing to undergo Pre-examination training have to apply separately to the concerned “Regional Director/ General Manager of RBI” before due date, by submitting application on prescribed format i.e. as given in official notice.
Note: Regarding one of the upcoming Grade ‘B’ Officer examination (RBI Grade B 2017) of Reserve Bank we have provided lot of information on above section. Candidates who need more information can refer the official notice.