OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2017: Presently, Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) conveyed about the recruitment of Civil Judge. It comes under Group-A cadre and the notification is scattered out with an intention to occupy 110 vacancies in Odisha Judicial Service under Law Department. The registration process for this recruitment is going on at this time. Most of you had registered to utilize this chance and qualified persons those who not yet registered think about that immediately. Apart from that, exam preparation is moreover important to achieve your target. So, from this time onwards prepare a schedule up to the date of exam, to cover all the subjects. Don’t get messed guys, since we had narrated here thoroughly about OPSC Public Prosecutor Syllabus 2017 with a helping intension.
|Commission||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|Exam Name||OPSC Judicial Service Exam 2017|
|Exam Category||OPSC Exam|
|Exam Type||Written exam|
|Exam Date||July/ Aug 2017|
OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2017
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is a state agency, authorized to conduct civil services examination for Entry-level appointments. The major functions included in this commission are framing the recruitment, promotion of Officers etc. It’s the good time for those contestants, who are waiting for OPSC Judicial Service exam 2017. Since, the notification for that came out recently.
More than hundreds of vacancies found out in this judicial service, so you can expect an intensively high competition. Participation of the candidates is allowed if you are complied with the following qualifications.
- Qualification: Graduate Degree (Law)
- Experience: 7 years or more
- Age limit: 35 years
- Vacancies: 110
- Selection Process: Preliminary exam, main exam & interview
On verifying the eligibility, if you are eligible then admit cards will be issued in due course. The first process of the selection would be preliminary main examination. For that, we had provided OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2017 with all subtopics. Use this syllabus and get your desired post through OPSC Judicial Service exam 2017. It not gets over in prelims itself, however following that main exam and interview will also there.
Important Topics in OPSC Judicial Service Syllabus 2017:
The preliminary exam will be of single paper only, carrying 100 marks with multiple choice questions only. While coming to main written examination will includes two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II). The questions will be of short essays, so it will be in descriptive form.
- Preliminary (Law)
- Main examination
- General English
- Procedural Laws
- Optional Papers
OPSC Judicial Service Exam Pattern 2017
The exams will meet changes in case of preliminary and main examination. Comparing with prelims, it’s somewhat tough in case of main examination. Also, intimating that prelims will includes negative markings of twenty five percentage of marks allotted, to every wrong answer.
The commission shall call for main written examination, if the participants secured not less than 35% of marks. The main written examination shall have two compulsory papers and three optional papers. In main exam, 45% of pass marks are expected from the candidates to be invited for final interview.
- Both the exams will be in offline mode.
- Questions wise exam will differ i.e. questions are in objective (OMR based) for prelims and descriptive for mains.
- Preliminary exam will carry 100 marks and main exam will be of 150 marks.
- Respectively, these two exams will be conducted for a composite duration of 1 ½ & 2 ½ hours.
Subject Wise Syllabus for OPSC Judicial Service Exam: The syllabus for both preliminary and main examination is placed in these sub topics.
- Constitution of India
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Code of Criminal Procedure
- Evidence Act
- Indian Penal Code
- Limitation act
- Transfer of Property Act
- Contract Act
- Law of Succession (Indian Succession Act & Hindu Succession Act)
- Specific Relief Act
- Compulsory papers
- Syllabus for General English (Paper-I): In Translation and Retranslation section, there will be two passages. One will be of English contents to be translated to Odia and another is Odia to be retranslated to English.
- Translation and Retranslation
- Short Essay
- Precis Writing
- Syllabus for Procedural Laws (Paper-II)
- Code of Criminal Procedure (1973)
- Code of Civil Procedure (1908)
- Indian evidence Act (1872)
- Optional Papers: From the term itself you know it’s a choice section. Aspirants have to choose three subjects in the following five subjects.
- Law Crime & Law of Torts
- Personal Law
- Hindu Law
- Mohammedan Law
- Law of Property
- Transfer of Property Act (1882)
- Specific Relief Act (1930)
- Indian Limitation act (1963)
- Law of contract
- Indian Contract Act (1872)
- Sales of Goods act (1930)
- Partnership Act (1932)
- Negotiable Instrument Act (1881)
- Jurisprudence and Constitution of India
Upcoming OPSC Judicial Service Exam 2017
OPSC Judicial Service Exam 2017, about to be conducted in few months later. It is scheduled with the response of 110 vacant posts occurred below the designation of Civil Judge. So they arranged online service to accept the applications for OJS exam. Almost the registration has started and the process is going on. Applied candidates are advised to make your exam preparation with more seriousness and wishing hope to achieve the post.
- Name of the Post – Civil Judge
- No of Vacancies – 110
- Date of Notification – 25th Apr 2017
- Date of exam – July 2017
|Official Syllabus PDF||Click here|
- Last date to submit application – 5th June 2017
- OJS exam will be conducted on – July/ Aug 2017
Note: A lot of information about OPSC Judicial Service Exam 2017 is updated clearly in the above sections.