UPSC NDA 2018: The National Defence Academy (NDA) & Naval Academy Exam (NA) 2018 Notification has been released by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Male aspirants whose dream is to join in Indian Air force or Navy or Army to serve for the nation might be eagerly waiting for this opportunity to write UPSC NDA Exam 2018. So, to give prior information about the exam to all those citizens now we have narrated this article. Actually this exam will be conducted twice a year by UPSC. The NDA 2018 Notification that will be released on this June is the second exam of the year 2018. The minimum eligibilities, vacancy details and tentative dates of this upcoming UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) are given below. Please scroll down the page.
|UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) – Highlights|
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Exam (II) 2018|
|No of Posts||383 (tentative)|
|Job Type||Permanent Basis|
|Location||Anywhere in India|
UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II)
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts lot of competitive examinations every year for engaging talented aspirants below various public service posts under Indian Government. Similarly, to fill up the openings which are available below Indian Army, Naval and Air Forces, UPSC conducts an open competitive exam called National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Exam. Eligible male aspirants can only write this exam, if having interest.
UPSC has scattered out the NDA & NA Exam (II) 2018 Notification. So willing male aspirants utilize this chance to acquire defence jobs. Details about the number of candidates going to be intaken through upcoming exam is given below.
NDA (II) 2018 Vacancy Details
|No||Name of Academy||Name of Force||Tentative Vacancy|
|1||National Defence Academy||Army||208|
(10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
Salary Scale: Initially, selected candidates will be placed under training. All the cadets passing in training will be awarded with degree certificates, based on training they had undergone. On completion of all trainings, candidates will be placed as Army Officer and on equivalent ranks in Air Force & Navy with salary and other admissible allowances as follows.
|Rank/ Particulars||Salary||Other Allowances|
|During training period at IMA and OTA|
|Stipend||Rs.21000/-||Grade pay of Rs.5400/-|
|After training period|
|Lt to Maj||Rs.15600 to 39100/-||
|Lt Col to Maj Gen||Rs.37400 to 67000/-|
|Lt Gen HAG Scale||Rs.67000 to 79000/-|
|HAG + Scale||Rs.75500 to 80000/-|
|VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ LT/ Gen (NFSG)||Rs.80000/-|
UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) Eligibility Criteria
There are certain restrictions in qualification and age to apply for UPSC NDA 2018 Exam. By reading this section aspirants will get idea about the certain qualities that are needed to apply for upcoming UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II).
Necessary Qualification – Individuals who have passed higher secondary examination in 10+2 pattern are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA 2 Exam 2018.
- For Army Wing – 12th Pass
- For Air Force & Naval Wing – 12th Pass (Physics & Mathematics)
Age Limitation – Young and unmarried male candidates who are within following age are eligible to participate on upcoming UPSC NDA 2 2018 Exam.
- Minimum age – 15 years
- Maximum age – 18 years
Physical Standards: Physical fitness is also very important to join on Indian army/ naval/ air force. To know about the minimum height, weight and chest measurements that should be possessed by candidates, refer UPSC NDA 2018 Exam(II) Notification.
UPSC NDA Exam 2018 and Selection Process
Aspirants submitting UPSC NDA 2018 Application Form would be scrutinized and called for written test first. Then candidates performing well in written exam shall be called for SSB tests that will be conducted at selected centers or Air Force Selection Boards or Naval Selection Boards. Those who qualify in SSB tests will have to appear before the Service Selection Board (SSB) for interview. Aspirants taking good marks in all tests would be considered for final selection.
- Written Exam: In order to judge the general knowledge and mental ability of candidates, written exam is being conducted. Aspirants who are securing good marks in this test will only be allowed to take part in SSB Test. Candidates appearing for the SSB interview at the first time can avail rail/ bus fare.
- PABT: Its unique, i.e. Pilot Aptitude test (PABT) shall be conducted for candidates who have chosen Air force as their First Choice while applying through online.
- SSB Test and Interview: Those who cleared the above levels shall be invited for SSB tests (Psychological Aptitude Test, Intelligence test, etc). On successful completion of SSB Tests, individuals have to appear for the interview. At the time of interview, aspirants have to produce their original certificates for verification.
Below we have explained about the maximum marks for which each round of selection will be conducted for UPSC NDA Recruitment 2018. Apart from these tests, there will also be physical and medical tests before appointment.
|Written Exam Subjects||Code||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Mathematics||01||300||2 ½ Hours|
|General Ability Test||02||600||2 ½ Hours|
|SSB Test/ Interview||900|
How to Apply for UPSC NDA (II) 2018 Exam?
Application Fees: Candidates who are meeting all the eligibilities can hopefully register for UPSC NDA & NA exam 2018 through UPSC website. Further, exam fee should also be paid by appliers through the link available in official website of Commission using Debit/ Credit Card/ Visa facilities. By downloading Pay-in-slip also, the fee can be remitted as cash in any SBI branch.
- Fee: Rs.100/-
- Exemption: SC/ STs/ Sons of JCO/ NCOs
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
UPSC NDA 2018 Application Form: In this section we have given the step-by-step procedure to fill UPSC NDA 2018 online application form. But before sitting infrontof computer to apply for exam (II), keep necessary certificates, valid email address and scanned copies of passport size photograph & signature etc with you.
- Open UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in
- Read detailed UPSC NDA & NA Exam (II) Notification 2018 from Examination section
- Then click “Online Application for various examinations of UPSC” link
- Hit the “New Registration” tab and fill the requisite details, to get Registration Id & Password
- Then hit the “Apply Now” button given against UPSC NDA 2 2018 Exam
- Enter your registration id, password and submit it to open UPSC NDA 2018 Application Form
- Now start filling the application without any mistakes
- Upload the scanned copies of documents/ images (as per specifications)
- Using “Preview” button, check the entries you have made
- Then press the “Submit” button and proceed for making payment
- If online payment is chosen, after completion of transaction don’t fail to take the printout copy of e-Receipt
- Printout copy of completed application should also be taken for future reference
Individuals who are doing payment by cash have to login again to the website by clicking on currently active applications link and complete the fee payment process, after receipt of transaction id from bank.
UPSC NDA 2 2018 Exam Date and Apply Online Dates
|UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II)|
|UPSC NDA 2 2018 Notification will be released on||06th June 2018|
|UPSC NDA 2 2018 Application can be submitted from||06th June 2018|
|Last date to apply online for UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II)||2nd July 2018|
|Last date for fee online fee payment||2nd July 2018|
|Last date for offline fee payment||Updated Soon….|
|UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) Admit Card will be issued||3 weeks before exam date|
|UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) Date||9th September 2018|
|UPSC NDA 2 2018 Exam Result will be declared on||Updated Soon….|
|Call letter for SSB Interview can be downloaded from||Updated Soon….|
|Date of SSB Interview and other tests||Updated Soon….|
|Final results will be declared on||Updated Soon….|
Note: Aspirants might have got lot of general information about upcoming UPSC NDA 2018 Exam (II) by reading above paragraphs. As soon as the UPSC NDA Notification 2018 is released for Exam (II), we will attach it in this article for your easier reference. So, keep in touch with our website.