Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam 2017: A combined Engineering Services Examination is going to be conducted very soon by Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) on second week of July month 2017. As the engineering graduates number is increasing year-to-year in society, most of the candidates faces unemployment problems. We motivate those citizens to make an attempt by participating in this examination to acquire government jobs under railway/ roads/ construction/ manufacturing/ power, etc. departments. As this is a state level examination this chance has been launched especially for locals of Maharashtra. Other eligibility conditions and application submission details are illustrated on below paragraphs.
|Commission||Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC)|
|Exam Name||Engineering Services Exam 2017|
|Vacancy Nos||188||Last Date||10-05-2017|
Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam 2017
MPSC, the state government’s recruiting agency is organizing this exam due to 188 vacancies observed for Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineers under various government cadres. Competition will be very tough because the vacancy numbers is only hundreds in number. Through commission’s website individuals who are submitting the job proposals will be issued with admit cards to participate in this competitive examination. On two tiers, this test will be executed. Field related knowledge, general awareness and language proficiency of applicants would be judged through different rounds of written and oral tests. Finally Commission will recommend the names of contestants to respective departments (who are ranking top in merit basis), for appointment.
|No.||Branches||No. of Posts||Age Limit|
|1.||Mechanical Engineering||188||33 years|
|4.||Elect/ Mech Engineering|
Academic Profile: Individuals who had completed their Engineering or equivalent qualification from recognized institution/ university are eligible to apply for this examination.
- E/ B.Tech in relevant subjects
Age Constraints: If willing candidates are having age limits between 21 to 33 years, then they are eligible for Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam 2017. Aspirants who are below minimum age and above the maximum age no need to apply.
But for individuals falling under reserved category as per government norms Commission has decided to give concession in upper age.
- Relaxation for reserved category
Recruitment Process: Two stages of examination will be conducted by MPSC, to filter and findout the right persons for respective Engineer works. In test, questions shall be asked from Marati, English, General Studies and Engineering Aptitude subjects. Also sometimes interview would be conducted, by verifying the original certificates of aspirants.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Examination
- Interview/ Document Verification
Salary and Allowances: Selected candidates will be offered with payband-2/ 3 scale salary as per government orders and based on grades/ department which he/ she is placed.
- Salary Range: Rs.9300 – 34800/- or Rs.15600 – 39100/-
Application Fee: Candidates who are willing to write this examination have to remit the application fee. Otherwise applicants will not be issued with admit cards to attend test.
Payment can be done through Maha-e-Seva Kendra/ Bank Challan form or using Debit/ Credit Card/ Net Banking facilities.
- Fee of General category: Rs.523/-
- Fee of Reserved category: Rs.323/-
- Payment Mode: Online/ Offline
How to Apply for Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam 2017
Through internet portal of MPSC, applications have to be submitted for this Engineering Services examination 2017. The detailed guidelines are given here.
- Open mpsc.gov.in website page.
- Hit “Online Application” tab.
- Read the detailed advertisement of Engineering Services Exam.
- Click the New User Registration and enter the requisite details.
- Press “Create user” and give Ok.
- Then login using registered user name and password.
- Read the steps of application submission and hit “Profile Creation”.
- Fill the details in form and give “Save”.
- Give Ok to go to next step.
- Click “Add” tab after filling qualification details in application.
- The details entered on previous sections will display as table.
- To do changes if any, use “Edit” button and press “Delete” to remove any entries.
- Give “Save” and proceed filling other mandatory fields.
- Next step is uploading passport size photo and signature in application.
- By clicking on “Save” button the profile status will change as “Complete”.
- Now again go to mahaonline.gov.in and login the account.
- Press “Online Application” and choose the “Click here to Apply” link against the post which you want to apply.
- Check all the displayed information and indicate your post preference (if any).
- Finally accept the declaration and press “Submit”.
- Your transaction id will display and press Ok.
- Then click on “My Account” button.
- Choose the examination type (competitive).
- Click on “Pay Now” button against post which you want to apply.
- Choose the mode of payment and click “Go”.
- Do the transaction as per applicants wish.
- To select centre, again go to “My Account -> Competitive Examination”.
- Click “Select Centre” and choose the venue.
- Finally press “Submit”.
If payment is done using bank challan form, then only after 48 hours the status will change as paid.
Dates to Remember
- Link for applying online opens on – 20th Apr 2017
- Last date for filling online application – 10th May 2017
- Exam will be conducted on – 9th Jul 2017
Note: Regarding upcoming Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam 2017 of Maharashtra state we have provided lot of information on above section. Candidates having doubts are advised to refer the official notice.