KSET Syllabus 2018: University of Mysore has decided to conduct this year’s Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) for Assistant Professor on 16th December 2018. Now, candidates who have waited for this exam might have started submitting their applications. After application submission, first thing aspirants will search over internet is KSET 2018 Exam Pattern and KSET Syllabus 2018. As we know that, through this article we came to help such aspirants by providing the latest exam pattern and syllabus of KSET Exam 2018. Aspirants can also download those study materials if necessary. But don’t delay to start your preparations. All the Best Wishes!
|KSET Syllabus 2018 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Karnataka State Eligibility Test (KSET) 2018|
|Exam Type||Objective typ|
|Material||KSET Syllabus 2018 Download PDF|
|Exam Category||Assistant Professor|
|Exam Phase||Single Phase|
|Authority||Mysore University KSET Center|
KSET Syllabus 2018
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test Center for Lectureship in Mysore University conducts KSET Exam every year. State government has given this power to university. This year, the KSET exam is being conducted for 39 subjects. KSET Syllabus 2018 will be same as UGC/ CSIR NET which will be conducted twice a year.
KSET exam has two papers. Depending upon paper, the pattern and Karnataka SET Syllabus 2018 also varies. All those details are given clearly in this article. It should be remembered that, the certificate that is issued to KSET qualified candidates has lifetime validity.
Major Topics of KSET Exam 2018: As there are 2 papers, KSET Exam 2018 will be conducted on single day, but on different sessions. Full of multiple choice objective type questions will be asked in this exam from major topics given below,
- General Paper
- Subject paper (Commerce/ Kannada/ Economics/ English/ Political Science/ History/ Geography/ Sociology/ Hindi/ Management/ Tourism and Administration/ Education/ Library & Information Science/ Mass Communication & Journalism/ Psychology/ Social Work/ Criminology/ Law/ Sanskrit/ Physical Education/ Folk Literature/ Urdu/ Public Administration/ Computer Science & Applications/ Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences/ Chemical Sciences/ Life Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Home Science/ Electronic Science/ Earth Sciences/ Archaeology/ Anthropology/ Marathi/ Philosophy/ Woman Studies/ Linguistics/ Performing Arts).
KSET Exam Pattern 2018
The KSET 2018 Exam Pattern helps candidates to understand how much questions will be asked in each paper, total marks for which exam will be conducted and exam duration. Do you guys want to know about Karnataka SET Exam Pattern 2018? Then look into the below table.
|KSET Exam Pattern 2018 for Assistant Professors|
|Paper||Tests||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||General Paper||50 compulsory questions||100 marks||1 hour|
|II||Subject Paper||100 compulsory questions||200 marks||2 hours|
- OMR answer sheets will be given to candidates.
- Each objective type question carries 2 marks.
- There is no negative mark for shading wrong answer.
- Compensatory time will be given to PWD candidates for each paper (i.e. 30 minutes for Paper-I, Paper-II and 45 minutes for Paper-III).
If more than 50 questions are attempted by participants in general paper, the first 50 questions answered by candidates shall only be taken into account for evaluation. It should be remembered that, Subject Paper is the paper which candidates had opted for KSET exam 2018 (among 39 subjects).
Detailed KSET Exam Syllabus 2018
In this section, aspirants can find the detailed KSET Exam Syllabus 2018 with pdf files. Candidates who are preparing well in all those topics can definitely crack in KSET Exam 2018. Also, they can score more marks than the minimum qualifying criteria fixed for exam.
KSET Exam Syllabus 2018 for General Paper
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
Till now you have seen about the Karnataka SET Syllabus 2018 for General Paper. To know about the subject paper KSET Syllabus 2018, look into the following table.
The Karnataka State Eligibility Test 2018 Syllabus that we have given above is the exact syllabus that is announced by exam conducting authority.
Except language subjects, the medium of question paper will be in English and Kannada. So, candidates will not face any difficulty in understanding of questions. The minimum qualifying criteria for KSET 2018 is tabulated below.
|Category||Individual Papers||Overall Cut offs|
KSET Exam 2018
KSET examination will be conducted only once in a year. KSET is the eligibility exam that proves he/ she is most apt for the entry level teaching professions (Lecturership/ Assistant Professor) in Higher Educational institutes or universities of Karnataka.
- Designation – Lecturer/ Assistant Professor
- Last date – 3rd October 2018 (with late fee)
- Exam date – 16th December 2018
|Official website||Click Here|
Note: Aspirants searching for KSET Syllabus 2018 and its exam pattern might have got it from above section. Those who wish to know more about this exam can refer the official notification.