KPSC KAS 2018: A much awaited notification for Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018 is going to be released soon by Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC). Through this exam, the vacancies existing for Group A and Group B posts in Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS), Revenue, Excise, Treasury, Labour, etc. departments are going to be filled. So, candidates who are very crazy about getting a government job in Karnataka can utilize this great opportunity. This exam based selection is also known as Karnataka Recruitment of Gazetted Probationers and Karnataka Administrative Services Exam by public. To know in detail about KPSC KAS 2018, just go through the following paragraphs.
|KPSC KAS 2018 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Karnataka Administrative Services Exam 2018|
|Authority||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)|
|Qualification||Degree/ Master Degree/ Equivalent|
|Application Type||Online mode|
|Last Date||Updated Soon…|
|Exam Date||Updated Soon…|
|Exam Type||Objective & Descriptive type|
KPSC KAS 2018
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the state government recruiting agency. Whenever vacancies arise for civil service posts in ministries/ directorates and other government offices of the state, KPSC will take the responsibility of conducting recruitment or competitive exams, based on requisitions sent by concerned departments.
KAS is one of the competitive examination that will be conducted once a year by KPSC. The KPSC KAS Exam Notification 2018 has not yet released. But most probably, to hire suitable aspirants for Assistant Commandant, Police, Tahsildar and various Officer level posts, the KPSC KAS 2018 Exam will be conducted.
- Male and female aspirants who are willing to serve anywhere in Karnataka can apply for this Karnataka Civil Service Exam 2018.
- Good proficiency to read, write and speak in Kannada and English is mandatory.
All the information that we have provided in this article is just a general information. Details about the total number of vacancies for the year 2018 will be updated as soon as the KPSC KAS Exam Notification 2018 is let out.
Karnataka Civil Service Exam Posts and Salary 2018
Depending upon preference indicated by candidates in KAS Application 2018 and based on availability of vacancies in respective civil service departments of Karnataka, appointments will be done. Sometimes appointed candidates will be placed under training/ probation based on department rules. On monthly basis, salary and other admissible allowances will be issued to designees as follows.
|No.||Karnataka Civil Service Posts||Departments||Salary Scale|
|Group A Gazetted Probationers Posts|
|1.||Assistant Commandant||Administrative Services||Rs.30400 to 51300/-|
|2.||Deputy Superintendent of Police||Home Department||Rs.28100 to 50100/-|
|3.||Executive Officer/ Assistant Secretary||Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department|
|4.||Assistant Director/ District Treasury Officer||Treasury Department|
|5.||Backward Classes Welfare Officer||Backward Classes Welfare Department|
|6.||Assistant Commissioner Commercial Taxes||Finance department|
|7.||Assistant Labour Commissioner||Labour Department|
|Group B Gazetted Probationers Posts|
|1.||Tahsildar Grade 2||Revenue Department||Rs.22800 to 43200/-|
|2.||Commercial Tax Officer||Finance department|
|3.||Assistant Treasury Officer||Treasury Department|
|4.||Assistant Director||Food, Civil Supplies, Consumer Affairs & Legal Metrology Department|
|5.||Assistant Director||Agriculture Marketing Department|
|6.||Assistant Registrar||Cooperatives Societies|
|7.||Assistant Director||Cooperative Audit Department|
|8.||Assistant Superintendent||Prison Department||Rs.21600 to 40050/-|
|9.||Deputy Superintendent of Excise||Excise department|
|10.||Chief Officer Grade-I||Directorate of Municipal Administration|
|11.||Labour Officer||Labour department|
|12.||Employment Officer||Department of Employment & Training|
Eligibilities to Apply for KPSC KAS Exam 2018
- Nationality: Appliers of Karnataka Civil Services Exam 2018 must be a citizen of India. Others no need to apply.
- Indian citizen
- Educational Requirements: Graduates or post graduates from recognized institution or university are eligible to submit application for upcoming KAS Exam 2018.
- Degree/ Master Degree in relevant fields or Equivalent
- Age Restrictions: Candidates who are not below 21 years of age and not above 35 years of age can apply for this Karnataka Administrative Service Exam 2018.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 35 years
- Age Relaxations: Aspirants exceeding the upper age limit can also apply for Karnataka Administrative Services Exam 2018, if they fall under SC/ ST/ Category-1, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B groups.
- Category 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B: can have 38 years
- SC/ ST/ Category-I: can have 40 years
- Other Requirements: Physical and medical fitness would also be checked by authorities, for some particular posts.
KPSC KAS Selection Process 2018
Commission has decided to invite candidates who had submitted applications for KAS Exam 2018, for a preliminary examination first. Most of the unsuitable aspirants will be rejected in this preliminary exam itself, by seeing the performance of contestants. Shortlisted candidates shall be next invited for a main examination. The main examination consists of written examination and personality test. Individuals who are qualifying in the written part of main examination with good marks shall only be allowed to participate in the personality test. Overall performance of contestants will be analyzed and decisions of final appointment will be taken, on the basis of reservation norms.
- KAS Preliminary Examination
- KAS Main Examination
- Personality Test
KAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2018: The pattern by which preliminary exam will be conducted for KPSC KAS recruitment 2018 is given below. Only objective type questions shall be asked in KAS prelims exam.
|KPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2018|
|Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Studies related to National and International importance||40 questions||80 marks||2 hours|
|Humanities||60 questions||120 marks|
|2||General Studies related to state importance||40 questions||80 marks||2 hours|
|General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology||30 questions||60 marks|
|General Mental Ability||30 questions||60 marks|
KPSC KAS Main Exam Pattern 2018: The KAS main examination will be conducted as per scheme that is tabulated below. Only descriptive questions shall be asked on this exam.
|KPSC KAS Main Exam Pattern 2018|
|Type of Papers||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|Qualifying Papers||Kannada||150 marks||2 hours|
|English||150 marks||2 hours|
|Compulsory Papers||Paper 1: Essay||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 2: General Studies-I||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 3: General Studies-II||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 4: General Studies-III||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 5: General Studies-IV||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 6: Optional Subject-I||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 7: Optional Subject-II||250 marks||3 hours|
How to Submit Application for KPSC KAS 2018 Exam?
Application Fee: To participate in KPSC KAS Exam 2018, candidates have to remit application fee based on their category, in any E-payment Post Offices using e-challan form. Fee once paid is non-refundable in any cases.
- General category: Rs.300/-
- SC/ ST category: Rs.150/-
- Payment Mode: Offline
Applying Procedure of KPSC KAS 2018: Online applications should be submitted for KAS 2018 Exam, through official website of KPSC. Detailed guidelines for submitting KAS Exam Application Form 2018 is given below.
- Open KPSC website kpsc.kar.nic.in.
- Go to “Notification” section and read the detailed notice.
- Then come back to homepage and click “Apply Online – Admission Ticket Download” tab available in bottom of the page.
- Hit the “Click here to Apply online” link for Civil Services Examination.
- Read all the instructions that display and tick the checkbox.
- New users have to do the New Registration first, to get the registration id and password.
- After registration, login into the website.
- Click on Apply button against the posts which you wish to apply.
- Fill the mandatory fields in application one-by-one.
- Upload scanned photograph, signature and requisite certificate copies as per specifications.
- Finally preview the information and “Submit” it.
- Challan form and submitted application can be downloaded by aspirants, atlast.
KPSC KAS 2018 Important Dates
|KPSC KAS Exam Notification 2018 will be released on||Updated Soon…|
|Commencing date of online registration||Updated Soon…|
|Last date for submission of online application||Updated Soon…|
|Last date for fee payment||Updated Soon…|
|KAS Exam Date 2018 for Prelims||Updated Soon…|
|Prelims results will be announced on||Updated Soon…|
|KAS Exam Date 2018 for Mains||Updated Soon…|
|Mains result will be announced on||Updated Soon…|
|Date of KAS Interview/ Personality test||Updated Soon…|
|Admit Cards/ Call letters will be issued||Atleast 15 days before prelims/ mains exam/ interview|
|Official website||Click Here|
Note: Candidates who searched for KPSC KAS 2018 Exam details might have got it from above section. To know more about this exam, keep in touch with our website.