KPSC KAS Syllabus 2018: Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) conducts State Civil Services Exam, once a year. For Karnataka Administrative Services (KAS), Finance, Revenue, etc. departments, this common exam is being conducted in a combined manner by KPSC. As this is a competitive exam, government job seekers in Karnataka will start preparations for this exam, earlier. For boosting their confidence level, here in this article we came with the KPSC KAS Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2018. The KAS Exam Pattern helps to determine the structure by which civil services exam will be conducted and the KPSC KAS Syllabus 2018 give idea about what to study for exam. Aspirants can also download these materials, if necessary. All the Best Wishes for your success in exam!
|KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Karnataka Administrative Services Exam 2018||Exam Category||For State Civil Service Posts|
|Material||KPSC KAS Syllabus 2017 Download PDF||Exam Phase||Prelims, Mains|
|Exam Date||Updated Soon…||Exam Type||Prelims: Objective
|Authority||Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC)||Official website||www.kpsc.kar.nic.in|
KPSC KAS Syllabus 2018
Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) is the exam conducting authority of Karnataka Civil Services Exam. Inorder to hire suitable aspirants for various civil service posts (Group 1 Services) under Karnataka Government, this KAS Exam is being conducted by Commission.
First, KPSC will conduct the Civil Services preliminary examination. Candidates who had submitted their applications correctly shall only be allowed to write this exam, by issuing admit cards. The preliminary Civil services exam of Karnataka is also known as Aptitude Test.
The performance of aspirants in preliminary examination will be taken into account and contestants will be admitted for main examination in the ratio of 20 times the vacancies notified for recruitment (in the order of merit). The main examination has written exam and personality test. First, written exam will be conducted and then based on marks secured by contestants in written phase of main exam he/ she will be invited for personality test.
By reading the above selection process of Karnataka Civil Service posts, it is clear that to withstand as a leading performer in KAS Exam 2018, competitors should prove their talents from the preliminary exam itself. Only way to score more marks in prelims/ mains KAS exam is: doing proper exam preparations. That’s why we have given the detailed KPSC KAS Syllabus 2018 for prelims exam and KAS Exam Syllabus 2018 for main exam, in this article.
KPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2018
KPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2018: There are two papers in KAS Prelims exam 2018. Only multiple choice objective type questions will be asked in both the papers. For marking of incorrect answers, negative marks are applicable. So, attend each question very carefully. To know more about the prelims exam, look into the KPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2018 given below.
- About 100 questions will be asked in each paper.
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- About 25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|KPSC KAS Prelims Exam Pattern 2018|
|Papers||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Studies related to National and International importance||40 questions||80 marks||2 hours|
|Humanities||60 questions||120 marks|
|2||General Studies related to state importance||40 questions||80 marks||2 hours|
|General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology||30 questions||60 marks|
|General Mental Ability||30 questions||60 marks|
- Questions of Karnataka Civil Service Preliminary Exam will be in Degree standard. But the questions on General Mental Ability section will be in a standard of 10th level.
KPSC KAS Main Exam Pattern 2018: Individuals scoring good percentage of marks in prelims exam will be shortlisted for main exam. The main exam has 2 qualifying papers and 7 compulsory papers. Look into the KPSC KAS Exam Pattern 2018 for mains to know more about total marks, exam duration, etc.
- Only descriptive type questions will be asked in KAS main exam.
- Each paper carries separate marks and duration.
- No negative marks are applicable.
|KPSC KAS Main Exam Pattern 2018|
|Type of Papers||Subjects||Marks||Duration|
|Qualifying Papers||Kannada||150 marks||2 hours|
|English||150 marks||2 hours|
|Compulsory Papers||Paper 1: Essay||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 2: General Studies-I||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 3: General Studies-II||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 4: General Studies-III||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 5: General Studies-IV||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 6: Optional Subject-I||250 marks||3 hours|
|Paper 7: Optional Subject-II||250 marks||3 hours|
- Minimum qualifying marks in Kannada and English paper is 35%.
- The marks of qualifying papers of main exam will not be added for preparation of merit list for selection.
- The compulsory papers of main exam will be in a standard of Degree level.
To know about the details of Optional subjects, go through the KAS Exam Syllabus 2018 that is given under next heading.
KPSC KAS Exam 2018 Detailed Syllabus
Aspirants who are invited for KAS prelims exam can expect questions from following topics. This is the exact KAS Prelims Syllabus that is let out by KPSC. Aspirants can use the link that is given below to download the KAS Prelims Syllabus PDF.
|KPSC KAS Prelims Syllabus 2018|
|Paper-I Syllabus of KAS Prelims Exam (200 marks)||Paper-II Syllabus of KAS Prelims Exam (200 marks)|
· Current events of National and International
· Sports and Games
· Awards and Honours
· Social Sciences
· Matters of everyday observation
· Important days, etc.
· History of India
· Social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on Indian national movement (especially Karnataka)
· World Geography
· Geography of India (especially Karnataka)
· Indian polity and economy
· Rural development
· Planning and economic reforms in India‐
· sustainable development
· poverty alleviation
· Social sector initiatives, etc.
· Current events of State importance
· Important State Government programmes, etc.
General Science & Technology, Environment & Ecology:
· Contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications
· Biodiversity and climate change
· General health issues
· Environmental Ecology, etc.
General Mental Ability:
· Logical Reasoning
· Analytical Ability
· Decision making and problem solving
· Basic innumeracy
· Data interpretation, etc.
Questions for Karnataka Gazetted Probationers recruitment based main exam will be drafted from following topics by Commission. Individuals who are doing their exam preparations according to the KAS Main Syllabus 2018 that is given below can definitely attend all the conventional type of questions that will be asked in main exam.
|KPSC KAS Main Syllabus 2017|
|Kannada/ English (150 marks)||Essay (250 marks)|
|· Comprehension of given passage (25 marks)
· Precis writing (25 marks)
· Usage (25 marks)
· Vocabulary (25 marks)
· Short Essay (25 marks)
· Communication skills (25 marks)
|· Topics of International/ National importance (125 marks)
· Topics of State/ Local Importance (125 marks)
|General Studies-I (250 marks)||General Studies-II (250 marks)|
|· Culture Heritage of India
· Towards transforming Indian Society: Major Schools of thought
· From Kadambas to Hoysalas
· Vijayanagara Empire and thereafter
· Modern Mysore
· Freedom Movement in Karnataka and Unification
· Post Independent Karnataka
· Social Change & Movements, Modernisation
· India and International Economic relations
· Data Collection Analysis, etc.
· Physiography of continents and Demographic distribution
· Industrial Planning and development
· Urban land use policy and urbanization
· Fundamental rights
· Distribution of legislative powers
· Important amendments of the constitution
· Welfare mechanism in India
· Services under Union and state
· Private and public administration
· Management tools and techniques
· Administrative reforms
· United nations and specialized agencies, etc.
|General Studies-III (250 marks)||General Studies-IV (250 marks)|
|· Basics of Science & Technology
· Energy resources
· Disasters, pests and pollution
· Rural upliftment and Science & Technology
· Natural and Agricultural Science
· Horticulture and Sericulture
· Initiatives in Biotechnology
· Animal Husbandry
· Agriculture development policies, programmes and trade
· Health and hygiene
· Natural Resources
· Eco system and biodiversity
· Environmental pollution and solid waste management
· Role of IT in environment and human health, etc.
|· Determinants and consequences of ethics in human action
· Ethics in private and public relationships
· Ethics in public administration
· Ethical dilemmas in private and public institutions
· Accountability and ethical governance
· Ethical issues in international relations and funding
· Information sharing and transparency in government
· Tolerance and compassion towards weaker sections
· Aptitude and foundation values for civil service
· Emotional intelligence, etc.
To know about the KAS Mains Syllabus 2018 for Optional papers, click the links that we have given in below table.
|No.||Optional Subjects||Download KAS Optional Subjects Syllabus PDF|
|Group-I Optional Subjects|
|1.||Agriculture, Agriculture Marketing, Sericulture and Cooperation||Click here to download|
|2.||Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Sciences and Fisheries||Click here to download|
|3.||Anthropology||Click here to download|
|4.||Botany||Click here to download|
|5.||Chemistry||Click here to download|
|6.||Civil Engineering||Click here to download|
|7.||Commerce and Accountancy||Click here to download|
|8.||Economics||Click here to download|
|9.||Electrical Engineering||Click here to download|
|10.||Geography||Click here to download|
|11.||Geology||Click here to download|
|12.||History||Click here to download|
|13.||Law||Click here to download|
|14.||Management||Click here to download|
|15.||Mathematics||Click here to download|
|16.||Mechanical Engineering||Click here to download|
|17.||Philosophy||Click here to download|
|18.||Physics||Click here to download|
|19.||Political Science and International Relations||Click here to download|
|20.||Psychology||Click here to download|
|21.||Public Administration||Click here to download|
|22.||Sociology||Click here to download|
|23.||Statistics||Click here to download|
|24.||Zoology||Click here to download|
|25.||Rural development and Co-operation||Click here to download|
|Group 2: Literature of any one of the following languages|
|26.||English||Click here to download|
|27.||Hindi||Click here to download|
|28.||Kannada||Click here to download|
|29.||Urdu||Click here to download|
KPSC KAS Exam 2018
KPSC conducts State Civil Services Exam to appoint suitable candidates in Assistant Commandant, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Executive Officer, Assistant Director, Assistant Commissioner Commercial Taxes, Tahsildar, Assistant Treasury Officer, etc. posts that are vacant in various directorates and departments of state government.
- Designations – Assistant Commandant, Tahsildar, etc.
- Vacancies – Announced Soon…
- Exam Date – Announced Soon…
|Official Site||Click here|
Note: Candidates searching for KPSC KAS Syllabus 2018 might have got it from above section. Those who want to know more information about this forthcoming exam can refer the official website of Commission.