JK SET 2018: Kashmir University has announced that Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test (JKSET) for the year 2017-18 will be most probably conducted on March 2018. To alert candidates who wish to work as an Assistant Professor in colleges and universities of Jammu & Kashmir we have presented this article now. Because NET/ SLET/ SET has nowadays turned as one of the eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor posts. Very soon JKSET 2017-18 Notification is going to be released by university. Aspirants who are satisfying the minimum eligibility conditions prescribed for JK SET 2018 can apply immediately, without waiting for the last date. All the Best!
|JK SET 2018 – Highlights|
|Exam Name||Jammu & Kashmir State Eligibility Test (JK SET)|
|Authority||University of Kashmir|
|Qualification||Master Degree/ Equivalent|
|Application Type||Online application|
|Exam Type||Objective type|
|Official Website||www.kashmiruniversity.net (or) set.uok.edu.in|
JK SET 2018 Exam
University of Kashmir is the agency for conducting Jammu & Kashmir SET Exam. Government has given this responsibility to university. Kashmir University SET 2018 will be conducted for 37 subjects. The subjects are,
|No.||List of JKSET 2018 Subjects|
|2.||Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences|
|6.||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies|
|8.||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian & Peace Studies|
|10.||Computer Science & Applications|
|23.||Library & Information Science|
|26.||Mass Communication & Journalism|
Candidates who are not having academic backgrounds equivalent to these subjects should not apply for JKSET 2018 Exam.
Visually affected candidates no need to put restriction to their dream of becoming Assistant Professor, because such aspirants will be given some extra time to finish JK SET 2018 Exam. Candidates who cannot write using their own hand can use the service of scribe in this Kashmir University SET 2018 Exam.
Eligibilities to Apply for JK SET 2018 Exam
- Educational Qualification: Aspirants who had completed post graduation in Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, Humanities, etc. can apply for JK SET 2018. Candidates appeared or appearing in final semester PG exams can also make an attempt.
- Master Degree/ Equivalent in relevant subjects
- Percentage of Marks: Minimum percentage of marks that should be secured by aspirants in Jammu & Kashmir SET 2018 is given below.
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWDs: 50%
- D. Degree holders: 50% (must have completed PG by 19th September 1991)
- Other categories: 55%
- Age Limit: Aspirants of any age can write this upcoming JK SET Exam 2018, if found eligible interms of qualification.
- No age bar
- Exemption: Individuals falling under any of the below said categories no need to apply for JK SET 2018 Kashmir University.
- Completed D. Degree in accordance with UGC norms 2009.
- Passed UGC/ CSIR JRF exam prior to 1989.
- SET accredited by UGC for Lectureship eligibility held prior to 1st June 2002.
JK SET 2018 Exam Scheme and Procedure
The Kashmir University SET 2018 Exam will comprise of three papers of objective type questions. Details about the paper and scheme are given below.
|JKSET 2018 Exam Pattern|
|Paper||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||Teaching/ Research Aptitude||60 questions (50 compulsory)||100 marks||1 ¼ hours|
|II||Subject selected by candidate in JKSET exam 2018||50 questions||100 marks||1 ¼ hours|
|III||Subject selected by candidate in JKSET exam 2018||75 questions||150 marks||2 ½ hours|
JKSET 2018 Result Declaration: There are minimum qualifying marks in each paper of JKSET Exam 2018, which differs based on category as follows.
|Minimum qualifying JK SET 2018 Cut Off|
|General||40 marks (i.e. 40%)||40 marks (i.e. 40%)||75 marks (i.e. 50%)|
|OBC/ SC/ ST/ PWDs||35 marks (i.e. 35%)||35 marks (i.e. 35%)||60 marks (i.e. 40%)|
- Names of candidates who are meeting above said minimum cut offs will be added to the merit list.
- The JKSET Merit List 2018 will be prepared based on subject-wise and category-wise, by combining the aggregate marks of all the three papers.
- Top 15% of the candidates for each subject and category will be declared as JK SET 2018 qualified aspirants (from merit list).
- Individuals who are thus deemed qualified will be finally given with the JKSET eligibility certificate for Lectureship/ Assistant Professor.
JKSET e-Certificate 2018: The JK SET qualification certificate will be issued by J&K SET Agency (i.e. University of Kashmir) through its authorized website, after verifying the PG marks, Date of Birth and Category certificates of contestants.
For that, provisionally qualified aspirants will be asked to submit the certificates to J&K SET Office, University of Kashmir with a Demand Draft of Rs.200/- drawn on favour of “Coordinator, J&K SET”. The DD should be payable at JK Bank, Hazratbal, Srinagar.
How to Submit Application for JKSET Exam 2018?
JKSET 2018 Examination Fee: To participate in this Jammu & Kashmir SET Exam 2018, appliers must have to pay examination fee while submitting application. Depending upon category the JKSET Exam Fee differs.
Either through online mode or using system generated pay-in-slip deposit the fee in any branches of J&K Bank Limited across the country, under JKSET Collection Account.
|SC/ ST/ PWDs||Rs.600/-|
|Services/ Bank Charges||As applicable|
|Payment Mode||Online/ Offline|
JK SET 2018 Application Registration: Through JK SET University of Kashmir website online applications should be submitted by willing aspirants, before last date. The JKSET 2017 Apply Online guidelines are given below. Aspirants can follow these steps to submit their applications successfully.
- Open the website uok.edu.in.
- Read the detailed exam brochure and instructions for submitting online application.
- By clicking on the “JK SET 2018 Application/ Registration” link, the application will open.
- All the requisite information should be filled without any mistakes in application.
- Choose the file and upload scanned copy of latest passport size photograph.
- After filling all the mandatory fields in application, preview the information.
- Edit changes if required and press the “Submit” button.
- Take printout copy of submitted form and note down the system generated form number, for future reference.
After submitting application, candidates who wish to pay fee through online payment gateway can do the transaction online and others can download the Pay-in-slip with the application form to remit fee in any J&K Bank Limited.
Reserved category candidates have to submit the hardcopy of application and self attested photocopy of reserved category certificate to “SET Office – University of Kashmir/ Jammu Centre Coordinators Office – University of Jammu”, in person. While submitting hardcopy of application, original reserved category certificate should also be kept in hands of candidates.
Reserved category candidates applying from far flung areas can send their documents by Speed Post to “Coordinator JKSET, University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar – 190 006”.
JK SET 2018 Exam Date and Others
|Events||JK SET 2018 Dates|
|JK SET 2018 Notification will be released on||30 November 2017|
|JK SET 2018 Application can be submitted from||13 December 2017|
|Last date for submission of JKSET 2018 Online Application||28 December 2017|
|Last date for receipt of application forms from reserved category candidates||31 December 2017|
|JKSET 2018 Admit Card will be issued on||February/ March 2017|
|JKSET 2018 Exam Date||11 March 2018|
|JKSET 2018 Result will be announced on||May 2018|
Note: In the above section we have provided lot of details regarding upcoming JK SET 2018 exam. To know more information about this exam, keep in touch with our website.