IFS Exam 2018: Two days before, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has let out a recruitment based Indian Forest Service Exam 2018 Notification (IFS 2018). Approximately 110 candidates are going to be recruited this year through this IFS Exam 2018. Reservations are done for General, SC, ST, OBC and Physically Handicapped persons as per government order. Female candidates can also apply for this UPSC IFS Recruitment 2018, if having interest. For IFS Notification 2018 and to know other details about UPSC IFS 2018 Exam, aspirants just go through the paragraphs that are given below.
|UPSC IFS Exam 2018 – Highlights|
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam 2018|
|Exam Category||Indian Forest Service Officer posts|
|Vacancy Nos||110 (approx)|
|UPSC IFS Exam – Related Topics|
|IFS Exam Notification||IFS Syllabus|
|IFS Admit Card||IFS Model Question Papers|
|IFS Result||IFS Answer Key|
IFS Exam 2018
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change under Indian Government is the controlling authority of IFS. The motto of this establishment is to ensure environmental stability and maintain ecological balance. Very soon through Indian Forest Service Exam 2018 some graduates are going to be selected for various Officer level posts under this service. UPSC is the exam conducting authority.
|No.||Name of Service/ Posts||Total Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Forest Service Officers (IFS)||110|
- The vacancies indicated above are purely tentative
- Women/ PWDs those who are applying for UPSC IFS Exam 2018 must be physically fit to carryout the duties of respective posts
- Among the total vacancies, about 2 vacancies are reserved for Low vision category PWDs, 2 vacancies are reserved for partially Deaf PWDs and 1 vacancy has been reserved for Locomotor disability PWDs.
Salary and Allowances: On selection, candidates appointed for Indian Forest Service posts shall get salary as well as other admissible allowances based on new rules framed by government.
- As per government norms
UPSC Indian Forest Service Eligibility Criteria 2018
Below given are the most important Indian Forest Service Exam Eligibility details. Aspirants who are not complying with any of these eligibilities no need to apply for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2018.
Nationality: Individuals having any of the following citizenship certificate can come forward and apply for UPSC IFS Exam 2018.
- citizen of India (or)
- subject of Nepal/ Bhutan (or)
- Tibetan refugee came over to India, before 1st January 1962 for permanently settling in India (or)
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Educational Requirements: Graduates studied from any government approved institution/ university on relevant subjects only can compete in this IFS 2018 Exam.
For IFS posts: Degree in any one of the subject
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Age Limit: Aspirants born not earlier than 2nd August 1986 and not later than 1st August 1997 are eligible to apply for UPSC Forest Service IFS Exam 2018.
- Minimum: 18 years (as on 1st August 2018)
- Maximum: 32 years
Age Relaxations: Under Indian Forest Service Recruitment 2018, aspirants belonging to following categories shall get relaxations in upper age limit to apply for respective posts.
- For SC/ ST/ J&K Domicile persons: 5 years
- For OBCs/ Disabled Defence Service personnel: 3 years
- For Ex-Serviceman/ Commissioned Officers/ ECOs/ SSCOs: 5 years
- For Low Vision/ Hearing impaired persons: 10 years
Number of Attempts: There are certain limits to participate in this IFS Recruitment 2018. The limits vary based on category as follows.
- OBC category: 9 attempts
- SC/ ST category: No limits
- All other categories: 6 attempts
Indian Forest Service Recruitment 2018 Selection Procedure
To join Indian Forest Service through this recruitment, applicants have to overcome tests and interview rounds of selection. The successive stages involved in selection are,
- Civil Service Preliminary Examination
- Indian Forest Service Main Examination (Written and Interview)
IFS 2018 Preliminary Examination (Civil Service): For selection of candidates for Indian Forest Service Main Examination this preliminary exam is being conducted by UPSC. It will be of objective type and General Studies questions shall be asked for 400 marks, as two papers.
IFS Main Examination 2018: Candidates securing good marks in civil service preliminary exam shall be shortlisted (12 to 13 times to the available number of vacancies) and invited for written part of main examination. Only conventional type questions shall be asked from General English, General Knowledge and 4 optional papers from any two subjects. This IFS Exam 2018 will be conducted for 1400 marks.
IFS 2018 Personal Interview: Only individuals securing good marks in Prelims & Main exams will be allowed to appear in the final round of viva-voce i.e. interview. This is a personality test that is planned for 300 marks. Oral questions will be asked to predict the curiousness, problem solving ability and other qualities of contestants.
On selection based on merit, works will be assigned on various state as well as joint cadres of Indian Fores Service (i.e. State/ Central Government level).
How to Submit Application for UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2018?
Examination Fees: Online job applications shall only be accepted for this UPSC IFS Recruitment 2018. To participate on UPSC IFS Civil Service Examination 2018, some of the community candidates have to pay fee as follows. Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ Visa facilities can be used by aspirants for making payment. Fee can also be paid as cash in any SBI branch using system generated Pay-in-slip/ Challan.
- Exam Fee: Rs.100/-
- Exemption: Female/ SC/ ST/ PH persons
- Mode: Online/ Offline
To participate in main examination (IFS), aspirants have to submit separate application with fee. The details of fee for main exam will be announced officially later in the website of Commission.
Indian Forest Service Online Application 2018
Apply via online for the IFS Exam 2018, by following the guidelines given below. Don’t forget to keep valid email id, necessary documents and scanned copies of photo & signature with you before beginning to register.
- Visit UPSC website www.upsconline.gov.in
- Hit “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link
- Hit the Part-I Registration link given against particular exam
- Read the instructions that display and hit “Yes” button
- Fill the details asked in Part-I application form one-by-one, by clicking “Continue” button
- Using “Update” button aspirants who wish to do changes in filled details can make changes
- On submitting all those information, system generates Registration id and password
- Now take printout copy of Part-I registered page
- After doing Part-I registration, click the Part-II registration link available on website
- The Part-II registration has three steps i.e. Fee Payment, Selecting exam centre and uploading photo, signature
- After completing all the three steps, “Submit” the application and take its printout copy
- If you have submitted application correctly, an autogenerated email will be sent to your registered email address
Candidates who had chosen pay-by-cash mode can download the pay-in-slip and remit the fee in concerned bank after 24 hours of challan generation. Then after fee payment, login into the second part of registration and complete the remaining process.
After declaration of preliminary exam result, qualified candidates will be asked to submit the Indian Forest Service Online Application 2018 for main examination with requisite amount of fee. Only eligible candidates who are submitting IFS 2018 Main Exam Application shall only be given with hall tickets to participate on main exam.
Indian Forest Service Exam Date 2018 and Others
|IFS Notification 2018 released on||7th February 2018|
|Preliminary exam online registration started from||7th February 2018|
|Last date to apply online for IFS Exam 2018 (Prelims)||6th March 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||6th March 2018|
|Last date for offline fee payment||5th March 2018|
|Civil Service Preliminary Exam Hall Ticket can be download on||May 2018|
|IFS Civil Service Preliminary Exam Date||3rd June 2018|
|Preliminary Exam Results will be declared on||June/ July 2018|
|IFS 2018 Main Exam Notification will be released on||July/ August 2018|
|Registration for main exam starts on||July/ August 2018|
|Last date to apply for IFS 2018 main exam||July/ August 2018|
|IFS Main Exam 2018 Hall Ticket will be issued on||Updated Soon…|
|IFS Main Exam 2018 Date||Updated Soon…|
|Main Exam results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
|Call letter for personality test will be issued on||Updated Soon…|
|IFS Personality Test 2018 will be conducted on||Updated Soon…|
|Final results will be declared on||Updated Soon…|
Note: From the above section aspirants might have got enough details about UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2018. Candidates who still have doubts can refer IFS Exam 2018 Notification that we have linked in this article. Very soon we will update IFS Syllabus 2018 and model question papers in our website. So, keep in touch with our website.