IFS Exam 2017: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has let out a recruitment based exam notice for appointing suitable qualified citizens in Indian Forest Services (IFS). Commission says about 110 seats are available at the time of release of IFS Exam 2017 recruitment notice, which are reserved by government for SC, ST, OBC and Handicapped persons. The number of permitted attempts for this exam is 6 for general, 9 for OBCs/ PH (General). But this will not apply incase of Scheduled Tribe/ Caste candidates. For getting admission in this IFS examination 2017, physical fitness is also very important. Read the paragraphs given down, to know more about this recruitment.
|UPSC IFS Exam 2017 – Highlights|
|Commission||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Designation||Indian Forest Service (IFS) Officers|
IFS Exam 2017
The Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change under Indian Government is the controlling authority of IFS. The motto of this establishment is to ensure environmental stability and maintain ecological balance. Through open competitive exams only Officers for this cadre will get appointed and UPSC is the responsible agency for doing this sort of selection. For IFS Exam 2017 also first Civil Services Examination is planned by UPSC, to screen some undesirable/ unfitting candidates from participation in Main examination i.e. Indian Forest Service Test. On selection based on merit, works will be assigned on various state as well as joint cadres (i.e. State/ Central Government level).
Vacancy Details in IFS
|No.||Service/ Posts||No. of Seats (tentative)||Age Limit||Salary|
|1.||Indian Forest Service Officers (IFS)||110||32 years||As per rules|
Educational Requirements: Graduates on relevant subjects only can compete in this IFS Exam 2017 examination, which should be studied from any government approved institution/ university.
For IFS posts: Degree in any one of the subjects
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Age Limit: Citizens who had attained 21 years of age while computing as on 1st August 2017 are eligible to apply. But the ceiling age of appliers should not be below 32 years. Relaxation are planned to be given for following categories.
- For SC/ ST/ J&K Domicile persons: 5 years
- For OBCs/ Disabled Defence Service personnel: 3 years
- For Ex-Serviceman/ Commissioned Officers/ ECOs/ SSCOs: 5 years
- For Low Vision/ Hearing impaired persons: 10 years
Recruitment Methods: To serve in Indian Forest Service, applicants have to overcome different phases like tests and interview. It should be noted that, only individuals securing good marks in Prelims & Main exams will be allowed to appear in the final round of viva-voce i.e. interview.
- Preliminary Examination (Civil Service): This is of objective type and General Studies questions shall be asked for 400 marks, as two papers.
- Main Examination (IFS): Only conventional type questions shall be asked from General English, General Knowledge and 4 optional papers from any two subjects. This test is for 1000 marks.
- Personal Interview: This is a personality test that is planned for 300 marks. Oral questions will be asked to predict the curiousness, problem solving ability and other qualities of contestants.
Salary and Allowances: On selection, the appointees of Indian Forest Service shall get salary as well as other admissible allowances based on new rules framed by government.
Examination Fees: Some of the community candidates have to pay fee for this Civil Services examination, through Net Banking/ Debit/ Credit Card/ Visa facilities or can be paid as cash in any SBI branch using system generated Pay-in-slip.
- Exam Fee: Rs.100/-
- Exemption: Female/ SC/ ST/ PH persons
- Mode: Online/ Offline
To participate in main examination (IFS), the fee will be announced officially later in the internet site of Commission.
How to Apply Online for IFS Exam 2017
Apply via online for the IFS Exam 2017 recruitment, by following the guidelines given below. Don’t forget to keep valid email id, necessary documents and scanned copies of photo & signature with you before beginning to register.
- Visit the website page of Commission i.e. upsconline.gov.in.
- Hit the “Online Recruitment Application for Various Recruitment Posts” link.
- Do the registration first by clicking “New Registration” tab.
- Then hit the “Apply Now” link against post which you want to apply.
- Login and start filling the application.
- Now upload the scanned images and preview the datas.
- Finally hit the “Submit” button and proceed for making payment.
- Printout copies of application and e-Receipt/ Pay-in-slip can be taken.
Those who are remitting fee through offline mode must login again (after remitting fee in bank) and complete the fee payment process by entering transaction id, etc in application, before last date.
After publication of Prelims exam results, limited number of contestants will be asked to submit their Online Detailed Application Form again, to get considered for the IFS i.e. Main examination.
For any sort of clarifications required regarding this employment, he/ she can contact on UPSCs Facilitation Counter in person or over phone number 011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543.
Dates to Remember:
|Date of Advertisement||22nd Feb 2017|
|Final date for submission of online application||17th Mar 2017|
|Admit card can be downloaded||3 weeks before exam|
|Preliminary Exam is scheduled on||18th Jun 2017|
|Applications for Main exam may be asked to be submitted on||Jun/ Jul 2017|
|Date of Main Examination||Dec 2017|
Note: About the IFS Officers exam 2017 we have provided lot of information on above section. By referring the official notice, readers may get some more idea about this selection.